ATP Game - Round 1 - (6) Martin Erat vs (11) J.P. Dumont

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Went Erat. Yeah the guy wanted out, but I couldn't blame him. Guy just got fed up with how things were being run. People leave jobs every day because they aren't happy, yet somehow we expect sports guys to be happy in one spot forever.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm suspecting those who voted against Suter in the Suter-Horny poll are voting for Dumont here.

Ironically I voted for Suter and was pretty adamant that it wasn't even close. Then I voted Dumont. I feel slight hypocrisy setting in.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
IMO Dumont's peak > Erat's peak

Erat always left me wanting more. Dumont for a while there, was the engine of the team. It's a shame what the Burrows and Robidas injuries did to him.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Dumont for me.

I hate that these two went against in each when Kimmo and Sully, two of my all time favorites, had to go against each other. I like either of those guys more.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'm suspecting those who voted against Suter in the Suter-Horny poll are voting for Dumont here.

Nope, Stat Man, you are WRONG :laugh:. I voted for Dumont (on day 1--not to break a tie) and Suter. Not even the slightest hesitation for either of them.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
My biggest issue is that Dumont played in the years I was living in Atlanta, so other than his last I didn't really see him play. I would vote for Orzsagh before I would vote for him *shrug*

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My biggest issue is that Dumont played in the years I was living in Atlanta, so other than his last I didn't really see him play. I would vote for Orzsagh before I would vote for him *shrug*

I can see how you'd be perplexed by anyone voting for Dumont if you only saw his last year. He had to make three right turns to go left and he would hesitate before he could skate. But he was really good before he was injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad