Atlanta's Here! WEBSITE HELP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlanta GM

Feb 27, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Hello everyone!

Glad to see there will be a season after all here... Atlanta is ready to go. Feel free to send offers.

Has anyone else noticed that our website will not navagate properly when using Firefox? I've deleted Internet Explorer and exclusively use Firefox, but you can't navigate on the hfnhl.com website using this browser.

Also, the site doesn't work on my pocket PC, I think it must be a MS thing...

Corey

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I sent Dion an email the other day. I am sure he will fix it when he gets a chance.

For now, here is the link to the rosters:
hfnhl.com/hfnhlRosters.html
You should be able to get to what you need from there.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Atlanta GM said:
Hello everyone!

Glad to see there will be a season after all here... Atlanta is ready to go. Feel free to send offers.

Has anyone else noticed that our website will not navagate properly when using Firefox? I've deleted Internet Explorer and exclusively use Firefox, but you can't navigate on the hfnhl.com website using this browser.

Also, the site doesn't work on my pocket PC, I think it must be a MS thing...

Corey

I have the same problem with Firefox, but still have IE on my laptop, so I just use it when trying to use the HFNHL site.

HFNHL Red Wings

I don't have Firefox but I know AOL doesn't like the HFNHL front page much either. Dion made a few changes that made it a bit better for AOL but still a little buggy.

On the subject does anyone use Mozilla? If so does this page work with it?

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
HFNHL Red Wings said:
I don't have Firefox but I know AOL doesn't like the HFNHL front page much either. Dion made a few changes that made it a bit better for AOL but still a little buggy.

On the subject does anyone use Mozilla? If so does this page work with it?

DISCLAIMER: I am technologically ignorant.

Aren't Firefox and Mozilla one and the same. My browser is called "Mozilla Firefox."

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
One word everyone: JAVASCRIPT

With the recent internet security problems that many are having in the world, I'm not surprised that everyone is using FireFox. The reason why you can't navigate is because Firefox, along with anything related to the Netscape/Mozilla, does not support the javascript commands that I have placed on the links.

This problem will be rectified soon as I will be getting help from the more technologically astute GM's in this league as I have a billion other things to do. In the mean time, I'll produce the links that are needed till this point in time. The only page that everyone should be worried about at the moment should be the rosters page. I know that finances are an issue but the sim has done some stuff that i'm not too pleased about which is taking a longer than expected time to change.

I hope this clears up your questions. I'm sorry for the probs.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Donga said:
One word everyone: JAVASCRIPT

With the recent internet security problems that many are having in the world, I'm not surprised that everyone is using FireFox. The reason why you can't navigate is because Firefox, along with anything related to the Netscape/Mozilla, does not support the javascript commands that I have placed on the links.

This problem will be rectified soon as I will be getting help from the more technologically astute GM's in this league as I have a billion other things to do. In the mean time, I'll produce the links that are needed till this point in time. The only page that everyone should be worried about at the moment should be the rosters page. I know that finances are an issue but the sim has done some stuff that i'm not too pleased about which is taking a longer than expected time to change.

I hope this clears up your questions. I'm sorry for the probs.
Dion ---
When you have a chance, can you add a few links on the bottom of the page:
to the roster page (from there you can get to stats, finances, prospects, vitals, lines)
one to the gm list
one to email me (dopp)
one to email nick (contracts)
one to the boards

That should be pretty much everything that you need to do.

For an alternative, anyone can view the source to see where the links are supposed to go.

And for the record, Firefox is a product of Mozilla, but they also have an older browser called Mozilla.

HFNHL Red Wings

Hossa said:
DISCLAIMER: I am technologically ignorant.

Aren't Firefox and Mozilla one and the same. My browser is called "Mozilla Firefox."

LOL. I'm an idiot :innocent:

You are correct that they are one and the same. Opera was the one I meant to ask about but I answered my own question by downloading it this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad