Atlanta Thrashers (-> Winnipeg) has been the last team to relocate, future relocation's, yes, no?

Do you believe that we gonna see another relocation ever again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
A relocation will definitely happen again, it happens throughout all the major sports

I think one of Arizona or Florida would be the first to move. Maybe even Ottawa.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I don't know the internal business structures of all teams, but I could imagine relocations from places like Arizona, Carolina, Florida, NYI, maybe even Anaheim, Buffalo, etc.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Buffalo. Pegula's are in serious financial troubles, been for some time.

The team is a joke, laughing stock of the NHL, sure the Buffalo Sabres fans would want their team to stay in Buffalo but
who knows what those two are thinking.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Absolutely it will happen again.

3 NFL teams just recently relocated. It happens in every sport.

They gotta get the Panthers out of Florida.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
NHL can't keep the Yotes in Arizona forever. Eventually somethings gotta give.

Panthers arena deal is up in I think 2025 or something? (could be wrong) so I imagine after that they'd take a serious look at moving.

From what I remember about Thrashers moving to Winnipeg is how "quiet" it was. I don't recall the rumor mill heating up with any news about it and it was almost like one day I looked at my phone and saw "Thrashers relocating to Winnipeg" Normally you hear about these things for months & months with tons of speculation.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Yes, but the league will do what it can to keep teams where they are. Before the Thrashers, there was 1 NHL originated relocation since the early 80's. The former WHA teams, they were in smaller cities, put there to compete against the NHL. Hartford is a terrible place for a pro team. The evidence being that no other league has a major league team there. Stuck between NY and Boston. Quebec, Winnipeg, among the smallest of small markets. The only thing that likely saved the Oilers was not just the Cup history, but the dynasty history. When those 4 teams were absorbed by the NHL, they were stripped of talent.

No league wants teams to move. It's not a great look. They want stability. The only reason the Thrashers moved was because they were being kicked out of the building they played in, and there was no other viable place in Atlanta. It'll take another dire situation like that. It won't be because, eh, we feel like moving this team over here.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

The team is a joke, laughing stock of the NHL, sure the Buffalo Sabres fans would want their team to stay in Buffalo but

Change of ownership =/= relocation. Buffalo is a perfect hockey market, they won't be moving. Pegulas sure as hell won't be moving them.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
A relocation will definitely happen again, it happens throughout all the major sports

I think one of Arizona or Florida would be the first to move. Maybe even Ottawa.
I cant see Arizona moving before Florida

Arizona has one team, Florida is losing money while Tampa is making money. They are the first to be moved

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019

Buffalo is a top-3 market for NHL viewership, zero chance the Sabres ever move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad