Atlanta Flames vs the Montreal Canadiens

Who would win a 7-game series on neutral ice?

• Montreal Canadiens

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Atlanta Flames

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Atlanta Flames

Coach: Jacques Lemaire

John LeClair / Mario Lemieux / Martin St. Louis
Steve Shutt / Evgeni Malkin / Marian Hossa
Henrik Zetterberg / Anze Kopitar / Rick Middleton
Esa Tikkanen / Igor Larionov / Mikko Rantanen

Borje Salming / Chris Chelios
Viacheslav Fetisov / Alexei Kasatonov
Valeri Vasiliev / Shea Weber

Ken Dryden
Andrei Vasilevskiy

VS

Montreal Canadiens

Head Coach: Scotty Bowman

Kharlamov - Clarke - Makarov
Krutov - Maltsev - Martinec
Gainey - Carbonneau - Peca
Robitaille - Gilmour - Pastrnak

Bourque - Chara
Keith - Seabrook
Josi - Hughes

Roy
Price

PK1
Gainey - Clarke
Chara - Seabrook

PK2
Carbonneau - Peca

In this draft I have the best coach Bowman, the best 2-way center Clarke, the best defensive LW Gainey, the best goalie Roy, the second best Dman Bourque who will QB my PP1, and my checking line has 9 Selke trophies. This is a tough team to score against.

Last edited:

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Seabrook and Quinn are not ATD level defensemen. Maybe Quinn one day but certainly not on the right side. Pairing him with Josi would not even make sense for a game played tonight.

Dont think a pure shutdown line that can’t generate offense is a great idea in this format. Maybe Gainey and Peca could switch positions with Josi and Hughes when theyre both rushing the puck ?

Not sure what Robitaille and Pasta are trying to do on the same line.

Atlanta’s defense is the 8th wonder of the world helped with great 2-way forwards and lots of Lemaire culture guys. Lemieux is a lock for 2ppg with this support.

Reactions: LT

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I don't care about the playoffs, this is the first time I've ever done them, I do them for the other GMs. I told @Dr Pepper I was going to wait until after the poll closed to do this, but your wingers are so horrible I'm posting this as an educational PSA message for all future GMs in any draft. Here is where they were drafted in the last ATD which includes all players. @LT @tony d @sarge88

74. Martin St. Louis
135. Henrik Zetterberg
168. Marian Hossa
180. John LeClair
214. Rick Middleton
293. Steve Shutt
328. Esa Tikkanen
Mikko Rantanen* - Undrafted

* I drafted Rantanen for him so I could post this thread and he hasn't told me to change him yet.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't care about the playoffs, this is the first time I've ever done them, I do them for the other GMs. I told @Dr Pepper I was going to wait until after the poll closed to do this, but your wingers are so horrible I'm posting this as an educational PSA message for all future GMs in any draft. Here is where they were drafted in the last ATD which includes all players. @LT @tony d @sarge88

74. Martin St. Louis
135. Henrik Zetterberg
168. Marian Hossa
180. John LeClair
214. Rick Middleton
293. Steve Shutt
328. Esa Tikkanen
Mikko Rantanen* - Undrafted

* I drafted Rantanen for him so I could post this thread and he hasn't told me to change him yet.
His centers and defense blow the other teams out of the water though.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
So you have the best dman AND at least the bottom 3 if not bottom 4. That’s crazy.
Son, Keith was voted #94 all time by a panel of experts including all players who ever played. There's a reason all the knowledgeable posters (except for this draft) never post on the main board including this forum. Look in the mirror and despair, boy.

Reactions: Nucker101

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Son, Keith was voted #94 all time by a panel of experts including all players who ever played. There's a reason all the knowledgeable posters (except for this draft) never post on the main board including this forum. Look in the mirror and despair, boy.
Son? Can I start calling you old timer?

There’s a reason ATD are dying. It’s because their entire fan base is aging out. All these are are nostalgia drafts and your opinions.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
The Montreal team focused too much on trying to acquire defensive forwards. Clarke is an underwhelming 1C for an all-time draft.

Bourque - Chara
Keith - Seabrook
Josi - Hughes

is an ugly defensive corps for an all-time draft. You've got Bourque, which is amazing...but Chara is on the wrong side, Seabrook has no business being on the second pair in an all-time draft, and two offensive defencemen who love rushing on your bottom pair with one of them on a side he never plays.

Atlanta is harder to judge due to all the Russians who peaked before they entered the NHL.

With that said, their shutdown line--Zetterberg, Kopitar, Middleton--is phenomenal in that it can actually generate offence without sacrificing defence. Zetterberg doesn't suffer from the Gainey problem of no significant production.

Most importantly, Atlanta has Mario Lemieux.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad