Eklund Rumor: Athanasiou to Avs

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
AAs value is at an all time low. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he is signed for cheap and then offloaded next year. I do not think he has a future on the Red Wings but the Wings have no incentive to sell low on him especially because he does have intriguing tools that will allow him to be a competent secondary scoring threat on lots of teams.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Zadorov for Athanasiou seems like base for deal that would make sense. Both looking for a new post-bridge deal next summer. Red Wings have like half of their defense coming off the books next summer so it's a good time to add to it. Also feels like they're pretty comparable.

Big Z isn't getting the same opportunity in Colorado as he would for on the Wings.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Zadorov for Athanasiou seems like base for deal that would make sense. Both looking for a new post-bridge deal next summer. Red Wings have like half of their defense coming off the books next summer so it's a good time to add to it. Also feels like they're pretty comparable.

Big Z isn't getting the same opportunity in Colorado as he would for on the Wings.
Could see that. Maybe a Mike Green at 50% retained would be good for solid veteran depth, as an add for Zadorov and a pick?

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Have you seen the Avs defense recently? Z is the only one who plays with some physicality and toughness, not saying he’s untouchable by any means but unless trading Z upgrades the Avs’ D then he probably doesn’t go anywhere until the offseason or even expansion draft.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I don't doubt what you say, but what other sources? If you can't find the links, just list the sources from memory if possible. Thanks.

I can't seem to find what I saw. It was mentioned about a month ago as a possibility. The two teams have certainly been scouting each other.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Isn’t AA on pace to break the +/- record?

Sakic is one of the smarter guys to understand that players could struggle on a bad team like his Avs were 3,5 seasons ago.

And they don't lose their skills on a bad team, but could look statistically bad.

Is there some player on Avs side who struggles and could benefit of the change of scenery?

Like, win-win trade for both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad