ATD2011 Bob Cole Final: (1) Halifax Mooseheads vs. (2) Tidewater Sharks

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Halifax Mooseheads

Coach: Ken Hitchcock

Toe Blake (C) - Syd Howe - Ace Bailey
Gaye Stewart - Doug Weight - Eddie Oatman (A)
Jack Walker - Mike Ricci - Bobby Rousseau
Ed Sandford - Vincent Lecavalier - Pit Martin
Spares: Syl Apps Jr., Marian Gaborik

Brad Park - Bill White
Kevin Lowe (A) - James Patrick
Gord Fraser - Bob Dailey
Spares: Lee Fogolin Jr., Jimmy Roberts

Martin Brodeur
Don Edwards

vs.

Tidewater Sharks

Coach: Tommy Gorman

Sweeney Schriner - Max Bentley - Larry Aurie (A)
Bill Barber - Pat Lafontaine (A) - Alexander Mogilny
Craig Ramsay - Troy Murray - Jimmy Peters
Fred Scanlan - Keith Primeau - Corey Perry
Spares: Harry Trihey, Art Farrell

Chris Chelios (C) - Marcel Pronovost
Craig Hartsburg - Ted Harris
Steve Duchesne - Howard McNamara
Spares: Mattias Norstrom, Harold Halderson

Roy Worters
Paddy Moran

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Halifax Mooseheads

PP1: Blake - Howe - Bailey - Rousseau - Park
PP2: Stewart - Lecavalier - Oatman - Weight - Patrick

PK1: Martin - Walker - Lowe - White
PK2: Ricci - Rousseau - Park - Dailey/Fraser
PK3: Howe - Bailey - Lowe - White

Tidewater Sharks

PP1: Barber - Lafontaine - Mogilny - Bentley - Chelios
PP2: Schriner - Primeau - Aurie - Pronovost - Duchesne

PK1: Ramsay - Murray - Chelios - Pronovost
PK2: Bentley - Peters - Harris - McNamara

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
Excellent, the two co-gm's I had a good debate/discussion with in the MLD...aside from the losing it part.:laugh:

Really like your ATD team again, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect this may happen when the divisions were released pre-draft. Anyway, should have some time to discuss the series most nights this week (after today) if you guys are around.

Best of luck Hedberg & vcl, looking forward to it.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
We've got two pretty similar teams, which makes sense seeing as how we picked right next to each other for most of the draft.

I think the most obvious difference is that Halifax has Brodeur while we have Worters. I think most people have their opinions on who is the better goalie in the series. However, what we do have is the superior depth. Particularly IMO, we have an advantage on the second line, and on the backend. Park and Chelios are a wash, but after that I think we have the better defenseman 2-6.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
I just noticed who the two coaches are. This series is going to be a snoozer....zzzz

The most boring series of the playoffs probably :laugh:. I've been thinking about this series and haven't quite figured out how to analyze it yet. Pretty similar forward groups, neither with a real star forward and really good defence corps (I agree with VCL about the depth, but obviously I'm biased). I'll have more tomorrow, but the scores in this series should definitely be close.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Syd Howe? Eddie Oatman? Brad Park, Bill White? Sounds like someone's trying to curry favour with seventieslord. Now let's look at who they have in net....... oh.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I just noticed who the two coaches are. This series is going to be a snoozer....zzzz

About as boring as this thread has been. :p

Stone said he'd be around, but I guess he didn't get the chance. As a voter, I'd worry about this disappearing act...you know what they say...like GM, like team. ;)

But seriously, this could go either way. I think we can squeeze it out due to superior depth in many key positions, but Halifax does have some solid top end talent, notably Brodeur. This should definitely be a 7 gamer IMO.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
In one of this years toughest divisions, the top-seeded teams match up with each other, very comparable in most areas.

Game 1:
Vincent Lecavalier may get limited time, but he rips a huge goal past Roy Worters in the first. Brodeur is solid in net in the first two periods. Max Bentley ties the game, but Brad Park also scores for the Moose. That would be enough and the Mooseheads win Game 1, 2-1. HFX 1-0

Game 2:
Bill Barber and his linemates make it tough on the Moose. Barber and Mogilny add goals in the second. Ace Bailey would score for Halifax, but it wasn't too long before Chris Chelios's blast from the point gets tipped by Larry Aurie. Sharks win by a score of 3-1 Tidewater ties it up, one apiece. TIED 1-1

Game 3:
Brad Park plays well at both ends, scoring a goal. Brodeur plays great again and Jack Walker scores shorthanded in the second. Mogilny also tallies in the second. But Lecavalier and Toe Blake will secure the lead with third period markers. Halifax wins 4-1, and take a 2-1 series lead. HFX 2-1

Game 4:
A snoozefest offensively, Worters and Brodeur steal the show. The games turns when Doug Weight and Eddie Oatman get a 2-on-1 and Weight scores with seven minutes to go. Brodeur steals the game for the Mooseheads and we head back to Halifax for Game 5. Final score 2-1. HFX 3-1

Game 5:
Chelios scores on the power play, but Vincent Lecavalier dominates special teams again as he ties the game in the third, goaltenders are again impenetrable. We'll need extra time for this one. Syd Howe's first point of the series is a game-decisive goal during even strength. A very tight defensive series ends in five games, the Mooseheads taking it all in Game Five by a score of 2-1. HFX 4-1

Halifax Moosheads defeat Tidewater Sharks in 5 games

3 STARS:
1. Martin Brodeur, HFX
2. Brad Park, HFX
3. Chris Chelios, TID

HM's: Lecavalier, Worters, Barber

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
Sorry I wasn't around to debate at all guys. Although I may have got the votes to win in 5, I'm sure most voters saw this series going a hard fought 7 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad