ATD12 SIGN-UP HERE (Sept 15th deadline)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Welcome to All-Time Draft #12

hersheyarena-inside_bw.jpg

Start date: Friday, September 18th at noon

1). The draft will last 30 rounds. You must draft 2 goalies, 6 defensemen, 12 forwards, a coach and 3 extra picks. In addition, since there will be no MLD12 (as ATD13 will begin in January) each team is to draft six minor leaguers (three forwards, two dmen, a goalie), guys to simply indicate depth in the organization or to be call-ups if desired in a playoff series. For each player called up, one must be sent down (simply indicate on the playoff thread). Your roster thread post should clearly indicate the call-up squad as apart from the main team.

2). The time windows will be tight but reasonable.

12 hour clock for the first two rounds, (shortlists PM'd to me highly encouraged here)
then 10 hour clock for rounds 3-8,
then 8 hour clock for rounds 9-14,
then 6 hour clock for rounds 15-20,
then 4 hour clock for rounds 21-30 (rounds 25-30 are double picks, so will be 3 rounds)

One hour time window deduction for each skipped pick with a minimum 4 hour clock guaranteed regardless of deductions.

3). Trading is by the THREE TRADES, THREE OBJECTOR RULE. Each team may make a maximum of three trades and any trade which is objected to by at least three teams' GMs will not be accepted, will need to be re-worked or dropped. There will be a 24-hour period to object to a trade, and accordingly, NO TRADING OF PICKS THAT ARE ON THE CLOCK.

4). Regular season rankings MUST BE VOTED ON by at least one GM (if the team is co-GM'd) per team. The penalty if not done is a lowering in the standings because we would also be ranking our own teams in our own divisions (e.g., most teams will rank their own team 1st in their own division; if a team doesn't vote they loose out on a 1st place vote opportunity and hence their team's ranking will be lower than it could have been).

5). In addition to submitting rankings of teams in every division (as per usual), each team is to submit their vote on the following twelve categories concerning the teams in the other division of the same conference. To be clear, regarding the categories: Everyone votes on the following categories for those in the OTHER division of one's own conference. (Note: The results will be tallied and the best of each division will be finalists in a second round of voting after open debate regarding which of the four divisional finalists in each category is the draft league's best.)

The 12 categories to vote on (rank the top three teams in the division 1st, 2nd, 3rd for each):

I. Top scoring line (likely a 1st or 2nd line)
II. Top two-way line (likely a 2nd or 3rd line)
III. Top defensive line (likely a 3rd or 4th line)
IV. Top starting 5 (lw-c-rw-d-d when puck drops to begin game)
V. Top defensemen duo pairing
VI. Top Top-4 core defense
VII. Top blueline overall (all 7 dmen together)
VIII. Top goaltending tandem (sharing regular season workload)
IX. Top powerplay (two 5-men units, coaching)
X. Top penalty kill (two 4-men units, goaltending, coaching)
XI. Top team chemistry (consideration of how skaters gell, how coaching "fits" with team style, etc)
XII. Top call-up squad (the quality and usefulness of the 3 forwards, 2 dmen and 1 goalie on the farm)

So, after votes are tallied, we will have four finalists for each category (the best from each division) and can openly argue thereafter which of them is the best and why, to be followed by another round of voting by all GMs on the four finalists.

6). REGULAR SEASON AND PLAYOFF VOTING TO BE A SET RESPONSIBILITY.

i) VOTING expected of every team, even after being eliminated. In a 32-team draft, there will be 16 teams/8 series starting after the first round, and the 16 just eliminated teams are to vote on the eight series in round two, four series in the divisional finals, two series in the conference finals and the championship final. This is an obligation you take on when joining the all-time draft. (Choosing to have a co-GM makes it easier for a team to meet this obligation.)

ii) Assuming a 32-team draft, all 8 teams per division would play in the opening round (1st vs. 8th, 4th vs. 5th, etc).

iii) The playoffs would last exactly 18 days, as follows:

The first round will last five days (three days discussion, one day voting, one day results).
The second round will last four days (two days discussion, one day voting, one day results).
The third, fourth and fifth rounds will each last three days (18-hour discussion, 24 hour voting, half day results).

The discussion period CAN BE extended IF AND ONLY IF under a revised, extended schedule - as might be discussed following the draft - the playoffs end date to be no later than the first week of December. This draft will not go into the holiday season.

-------------------------

Note: ANYONE CAN JOIN but the maximum number of teams will be 32, so newbies (those who never were in an ATD, MLD or AAA draft) might have to co-GM if interest from past GMs exceeds 32. Already 30 of us past participants have voted on when to start the draft and presumably the lion's share of those will join along with some others who weren't around in August.

Sign-up by posting here a team name: CITY and NICKNAME.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
List of teams:

VanIslander - Chicago Blackhawks
vancityluongo - Winnipeg Jets
seventieslord & jareklajkosz- Regina Pats
Leafs Forever - Cairo Desert Dogs
Hedberg - Tidewater Sharks
Zamboni Mania - St. Georges Garaga
Mr Bugg - Kimberley Dynamiters
Nalyd Psycho & Sturminator - Portland Rosebuds
Rzeznik - Nova Scotia Voyageurs
pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers
EagleBelfour - Detroit Falcons
Reds4Life - Trinec Steelers
pappyline - Toronto Toros
chaosrevolver - Montreal Maroons
nik jr - Grand Rapids Owls
Transplanted Caper - Glace Bay Miners
Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
GodBlessCanada & raleh - Medicine Hat Tigers
papershoes - Kenora Thistles
CanadiensFan - Syracuse Bulldogs
TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Swamp Devils
Johnny Engine & Dreakmur - Hamilton Bettmans
Jungosi - Betelgeuse Hitchhikers
arrbez - Inglewood Jacks
MacLeaf - Halifax Mooseheads
MXD - Silver Seven Sons of Canada
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf - New York Golden Blades
JFA87-66-99 - Victoria Cougars
Cup 2010 Sens Rule - Ottawa 67's
shawnmullin - Trail Smoke Eaters
overpass - Renfrew Millionaires
MadArcand - Hartford Whalers

we have 32 teams!

NOTE: Roster thread posts to be in order by division, that is, all the teams in one division will put their first post on the thread before any team in the next division will post there. (This coordination will make it easier to see all the teams developing in one's division together, and it certainly will make it easier to do regular season ranking evaluations for GMs.) So we will not be starting the roster thread until after the divisions have been set.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
There is one Original Six franchise which has never been managed in the all-time drafts (not even by pappyline).

014531.gif

I will manage the Chicago Blackhawks.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I'm in. Solo. Probably gonna be my last shot at this, so I'll end it with the Winnipeg Jets. One last time guys.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
:cry: ... not even a warning to his current co-GM!!!

That's ok, bro. Good luck to you! We made a great pairing for a few drafts. This helps us get up to 32 teams, anyway.

I'm in; I'm the Regina Pats.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
Let me be the first ATD newbie (Of HF ATD's, at least...) to join this endevour!

*Sob Story Warning*

*Ahem* I'm going to be a bit sentimental on my team name.

I dedicate my second ATD experience to three of the best friends a guy could ever have. Loyal, caring, fun, unjudging, and ridiculously funny. Always there to stand by me, and to cheer me up on a sad day. Truly, three of the best friends I ever had.

The last of them died a week ago.

For my first HF ATD team, I am bringing hockey to the REAL desert, and I will manage..

THE CAIRO DESERT DOGS!

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
:cry: ... not even a warning to his current co-GM!!!

That's ok, bro. Good luck to you! We made a great pairing for a few drafts. This helps us get up to 32 teams, anyway.

I'm in; I'm the Regina Pats.

Same to you man. I gotta admit, I think monster Svehla is what did you in, I've seen your posts about a billion times since you upped him, but it's still scary. :laugh:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Same to you man. I gotta admit, I think monster Svehla is what did you in, I've seen your posts about a billion times since you upped him, but it's still scary. :laugh:

What can I say, Svehla's a beast. By rights, no avatar with him should be that big, but I say go big or go home. :D

If you take everything you already knew and everything you picked up from Evil Speaker and then me, you're gonna build at least a semifinalist.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
I'll never get sick of that logo. the way he looks so mean, yet so sleek as he tiptoes across the ice on skates. :)

You are just one of it's many admirers:

The Worst Hockey Logos Ever:
The Tidewater Sharks of the Southern Hockey League, wow. Pure greatness in this one. By great I mean, awful. This round nosed killer of the sea has had his tail fin sliced down the middle and the ends jammed into red dancing shoes…with handles on them. He’s a mad bugger though, watch out for this guy traipsing down the ice while performing his patented, “bouncing a giant puck on the end of the stick” move. One of the wonders of nature indeed.
http://nitzyshockeyden.blogspot.com/2009/01/worst-hockey-logos-ever.html

Bush Party Worst Hockey Logos Ever:
"Hey look! A skating, passing, shooting shark. How does it do that?"
http://www.bushparty.com/htms/hockeylogos4.htm

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'm still undecided whether or not I want to commit to this full-time this time around(last one really interfered with school), but I think I'd definitely be up for being a co or assistant GM. So if anyone's looking for that you know where to find me.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
There is one Original Six franchise which has never been managed in the all-time drafts (not even by pappyline).

014531.gif

I will manage the Chicago Blackhawks.

Interestingly enough, the second incarnation of the Portland Rosebuds (the WCHL version) formed the seed for the "expansion" NHL Blackhawks when the WCHL folded in 1926, so we've got pretty much the whole history of the franchise represented in ATD#12.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
The 5-time Division Winner Detroit Falcons will return for his sixth attempt to win the almighty Milt Dunnell Cup (I feel like bragging a little today! :) )

Unfortunately, I won't be around as much as people are use to.

3). Trading is by the THREE TRADES, THREE OBJECTOR RULE. Each team may make a maximum of three trades and any trade which is objected to by at least three teams' GMs will not be accepted, will need to be re-worked or dropped. There will be a 24-hour period to object to a trade, and accordingly, NO TRADING OF PICKS THAT ARE ON THE CLOCK.

I like to do ''conditional'' trades, where let's say: '' If Milt Schmidt is available with my next selection, you will trade me your 10th and 11th pick''. In this ATD, do we accept those kind of ''conditional'' trades? By definition, I am trading the ''on the clock'' pick, but I'm not trying to sell it while it's OTC and those kind of trades doesn't hold off the draft.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
I like to do ''conditional'' trades, where let's say: '' If Milt Schmidt is available with my next selection, you will trade me your 10th and 11th pick''. In this ATD, do we accept those kind of ''conditional'' trades? By definition, I am trading the ''on the clock'' pick, but I'm not trying to sell it while it's OTC and those kind of trades doesn't hold off the draft.

I think this kind of trade absolutely should be allowed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad