ATD #9 Foster Hewitt Quarterfinal: #2 Minnesota Fighting Saints vs. #7 Montreal Saras

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
Wow I think the three stars are exactly how I picked them.

To me Jean and Bobby were a wash, looks like big Earl made the big difference ;)

Congrats to Minnesota... Chaos you guys took a vet GM to 6 games in your first go. That's much better than some of us have done.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Congrats Nalyd. Sucks...but you guys deserved it.

Good luck and once again..great write ups TC and thanks for the proffesional words said in this thread.

It's a bit unfortunate for you, I thought you had a much stronger team than #7 and could have been a team with home-ice advantage going into the first round but instead came up against one of the top teams in the draft (IMO) that was probably one of the worst possible matchup for you team.

You put together a great team for someone in their first draft.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
It's a bit unfortunate for you, I thought you had a much stronger team than #7 and could have been a team with home-ice advantage going into the first round but instead came up against one of the top teams in the draft (IMO) that was probably one of the worst possible matchup for you team.

You put together a great team for someone in their first draft.
Don't forget my buddy Nate. He might not post much during the threads. But he made the 500+ player list that we used to draft and I couldn't have done this without him. Every pick went through both of us.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Thank you TC for the great write ups.

Great series Nate and Chaos, I don't look forward to facing you guys in future ATDs :)
Just would like to point out that your team was built very well. I wasnt high on Holmes until I started reading some notes on him and realized that he was very underrated.

You built a team perfect for pretty much any situation. Congrats on the victory.

We will be back.;)

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
What a great team you and Nate assembled. I can't believe you were only a 7 seed. Definitely deserved a much better fate IMO. With entries like this, you'll be making lots of noise in every ATD (hopefully not in my division!).

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Just would like to point out that your team was built very well. I wasnt high on Holmes until I started reading some notes on him and realized that he was very underrated.

You built a team perfect for pretty much any situation. Congrats on the victory.

We will be back.;)

Thanks for the kind words. Needless to say, he agree with you on Holmes. Most of the credit for the team goes to NP however. I acted more like a sounding board for him to toss a few names at to see what I thought. NP basically came up with the blueprint for the core of the team. Most of the players I suggested to him were more depth guys in Ivanov, Vadnais, Errey, and Baker. I think Pavel Bure was really the only "core" guy I mentined to him about.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Thanks for the kind words. Needless to say, he agree with you on Holmes. Most of the credit for the team goes to NP however. I acted more like a sounding board for him to toss a few names at to see what I thought. NP basically came up with the blueprint for the core of the team. Most of the players I suggested to him were more depth guys in Ivanov, Vadnais, Errey, and Baker. I think Pavel Bure was really the only "core" guy I mentined to him about.
You both did a great job. Depth guys are important players too. I credit both of you with this win. Fantastic team.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see you two battling it out for all the marbles.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site

If my memory is correct, the PMs are long gone, you suggested Beliveau while I was thinking Kelly or Mikita. Once I realized that may be possible, I jumped at it, but it was your idea.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
If my memory is correct, the PMs are long gone, you suggested Beliveau while I was thinking Kelly or Mikita. Once I realized that may be possible, I jumped at it, but it was your idea.

I completely forgot about that lol. You did all the work negotiating the trade but when Beliveau slid past 8 I did push for a trade to into the top 10 to land him or Rocket Richard. Maybe I've been underestimating my contributions to building the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad