Moose Jaw Millers

coach: Don Cherry
assistant coach: Dwight McMillan
captain: George Owen
alternates: Kelly Buchberger, Dave Balon
team MVP: Murray Balfour

Dave Balon (A) - Bronco Horvath - Murray Balfour
Dennis Hextall - Eric Staal - Milan Hejduk
Ray Getliffe - George Gee - Kelly Buchberger (A)
John Wensink - Laurie Boschman - Tony Granato
Jeff Friesen

George Owen (C) - Steve Chiasson
Kjell Samuelsson - Randy Gregg
Jay Bouwmeester - Garth Butcher
Sylvain Cote

Sean Burke
Mike Palmateer

vs.

Vancouver Giants

coach: Brian Kilrea
assistant coach: Bengt-Ake Gustaffson
captain: Darryl Sutter
alternates: Pekka Rautakallio, Herb Cain
team MVP: Barry Pederson

Herb Cain (A) - Barry Pederson - Marian Stastny
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Bengt-Ake Gustaffson
Darryl Sutter (C) - Ron Stewart - Rich Sutter
Bob Errey - Steve Rucchin - Dallas Drake

Pekka Rautakallio (A) - Yevgeny Paladiev
Bob Plager - Chris Phillips
Dion Phaneuf - Don Sweeney
Bill Juzda

King Brodeur
Reggie Lemelin
Frank McCool​

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Moose Jaw Millers

PP1: Balon - Horvath - Hejduk - Owen - Chiasson
PP2: Hextall - Staal - Balfour - Bouwmeester - Boschman

PK1: Balon - Getliffe - Gregg - Chiasson
PK2: Buchberger - Boschman - Samuelsson - Bouwmeester

vs.

Vancouver Giants

PP1: Cain - Pederson - Stastny - Rautakallio - Sweeney
PP2: Sedin - Sedin - Gustaffson - Phaneuf - Paladiev

PK1: Errey - Rucchin - Plager - Phillips
PK2: Sutter - Sutter - Rautakallio - Paladiev

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
We think this is a very favourable match-up for us, due to our advantages in speed, smarts and toughness.

We feel confident with any one of our lines against any one of Vancouver's lines, although the one match-up we'll try to get is our Momentum Line out there against the Sedins line. The speed, defensive ability and aggressiveness of Wensink-Boschman-Granato will make it very difficult for the Twins to establish their cycle game. We'll probably employ the Samuelsson-Gregg tandem against the Twins, capitalizing on their reach, positioning and overall defensive smarts to counteract the Twins cycle.

As I said in previous comments about the Giants, I like the offensive potential on Vancouver's top line, but I think they can be stopped. A line like the Gee line could definitely shut them down. And we definitely won't be afraid to go top line versus top line.

Not sure what Vancouver's strategy is in terms of match-ups. They could definitely be in trouble if they try to match their third line against our second line. I watched Rich Sutter play a lot of hockey. Good role player. But he could be in trouble against a player like Dave Balon, who not only is a threat with his speed and skill, but won't be afraid to hit back. If they trot out the fourth line, Horvath will overwhelm Steve Rucchin.

I think we have the edge in net, at least for the No. 1 goalies. Burke never played behind a team like this. He was often left on his own, forced to face a heavy shot count. And while I think Palmateer's a better goalie than Lemelin, Lemelin is better suited to the back-up role.

It's a battle between two of the best-coached teams in the draft, but I don't think it'll come down to a battle of the coaches. Worth noting is the long-time close friendship between Don Cherry and Brian Kilrea. I don't know if there's a bigger support of Kilrea than Grapes.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Quite the first round match-up. I'll begin with agreeing with my counterpart on one issue, these are the two best coaches in the draft. We happen to think Kilrea is better though;)

Coaching is where I'll begin. We feel Kilrea brings two really important factors outside of being a great strategist with a great track record. Discipline and playing to or above expectations. A Kilrea team wont go out there without an effort of 110% and they'll remained disciplined, a crucial aspect of any team the legend coaches.

Despite the misgivings about our second line, we're confident in the ability of the Sedins to carry their chemistry forward. Put on a line with them is Gustaffson. Gustaffson has the strength to be a chippier player on this line and open things up for the Sedins. This line is a legitimate 2nd scoring threat in our eyes and gives us a solid Top 6.

Everyone knows the styles of the Sutters. Both will play with toughness and sound defensive play. Ron Stewart is a more than capable 3rd line centre. A solid two-way player will compliment the Sutters well in the defensive zone and will add some offensive instincts to this line.I like our 4th line as well, solid and dependable. Rucchin will provide some solid faceoff work, of the upmost importance in the playoffs and Drake and Errey provide good veteran presence and leadership.

Our blueline is a great fit with Kilrea. A sound defensive game will be a certainty in Vancouver Our top four will be excellent in their own zone and will do an excellent job protecting Brodeur and the Vancouver net.

There are a couple parts of our team I feel are underrated, particularly given the tactician Kilrea behind the bench. We have the defensive play to make this series a close one in my eyes. It'll be tough, but I see the Giants taking this in 7.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I'll start off by wishing you guys good luck, and I look forward to a hard-fought series.

I agree with everything TC said. Kilrea will be the biggest factor, although Cherry is no slouch. Basically the only thing I'd like to add is the strategy that I believe we'll be playing, and the strategy that I think will give us a really good shot at winning this.

Like I've said before, I fear your top line. I'm not sure if we have the right defensive forwards to fully stop your top guns. But I do think we have the overall defensive ability to put your offense on hold. We won't stop them from scoring, but I highly doubt you'll be scoring more then 2-3 goals average. I think Chris Phillips and Bob Plager and going to be huge factors.

Here's our strategy though: I think if we keep things simple, and focus on scoring more goals then you guys, I think we can take this one. We will not be playing the trap. We will be trying to capatalize on offensive chances. I think both TC and I will admit that if we play to agressively, there's a chance we'll get burned. But we can't expect to win by shutting down the Millers offense, IMHO. I believe we have the goaltending advantage. I also tink we have a slight advantage on defense. I'll give you guys the forwards. Also, like I've mentioned before, although this is the first round, and it shouldn't be much of a factor, I think your team may be injury prone, because of the aggressive, hard-nosed style you play. I'm not saying Bronco Horvath is going tio have his hip knocked into next week by Henrik Sedin, just that it's something that I think we want other GM's to be aware of.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I had you guys ranked #2 and 3 in your division, so this is a tough call. It's going to be close.

I think goaltending is one major factor. Brodeur may have been to the finals, but Burke had a far better career. Too often in this draft people have forgotten about the overall career of a player, I think.

Re: the coaches, I think they are both two of the best coaches selected. That said, I prefer Cherry's proven ability to be successful coaching grown men. There's just no evidence that Kilrea has a coaching style that would work with anyone other than teenagers. I give him the benefit of the doubt on that, but it can only go so far. Cherry also has Dave Balson, who he'll ride, and John Wensink who he loves, on a checking line that could be devastating.

I think MJM's defense corps is perfectly balanced, and I like that 3rd pairing of J-Bo and Butcher. Vancouver's defense is good too, I like the first pairing (had to look up Paladiev to say for sure) but I am not convinced Phaneuf belongs in this draft. Based on 2.5 seasons, he has been a top-15 offensive blueliner and probably the most physical, but anyone who watches him a lot will tell you his defensive game needs a lot of work, and he has yet to have a good playoff. I mean, ##### ###### would have been better, at least he has an established history of being good offensively, erratic defensively, and physical/gritty, but has also had a couple good playoffs, aside from 2004. Not to say Dion Phaneuf projects to ##### ######, but project what he's done thus far and it's a similar career. He does have a good steadying presence in Don Sweeny, the man who played more games as Ray Bourque's teammate than any other player.

I could paint Staal with the same brush as Phaneuf; however, he has had one playoff and was outstanding. Don't expect him to be a two-way force, though. On a team with 111 points, he managed to lead the league in even strength goals against per even strength minutes played, among all forwards. I like his combination of wingers though - one proven winner and another who never really got the chance. Buchberger on the 3rd is a mistake, though a minor one at this point in the lineup. The guy was a 4th liner for almost his entire career, so how can he be worthy of being a 3rd-liner here? As for the Giants, Pederson has absolutely unreal playoff numbers, but let's hope he remembers how to play in the playoffs - he missed them the last six years of his career. Cain and Stastny are both highly talented but also underwhelming in the playoffs. Both Sedins have been excellent players for two years, but not like top-10 players, and both have less than half a point per game in the playoffs. Both of the bottom lines for the Giants are going to perform admirably, but ultimately won't overcome the lack of scoring from the top two lines.

This one is close. It might come down to goaltending and coaching.

Last edited:

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
I think that no matter what the Giants do, this is a win-win situation for us. If you want to play a tough grinding game you're in big trouble. Looking at the rosters the first thing that popped up to me was the size advantage we have along with aggression. I also think we have more fire power up front, so if you want to just play a "who can score more goals" type of game I think we'll walk away with that one. GBC already mentioned what I think is our best asset and that's the fact that we can be confident with any line match up. I would honestly like to have our first line out against Vancouver's first line and then have the Granato line along with Kjell just pound on the Sedins until they disappear while Staal and Hejduk rack up points. I know GBC stopped calling the Sedins the sisters about a year ago, but I'm still not too sure :)

Of course this is up for debate, but in George Owen I think we have the best player in the series. To me Owen is the Denis Potvin of the MLD. There will be at least one game where he just takes over.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I think that no matter what the Giants do, this is a win-win situation for us. If you want to play a tough grinding game you're in big trouble. Looking at the rosters the first thing that popped up to me was the size advantage we have along with aggression. I also think we have more fire power up front, so if you want to just play a "who can score more goals" type of game I think we'll walk away with that one. GBC already mentioned what I think is our best asset and that's the fact that we can be confident with any line match up. I would honestly like to have our first line out against Vancouver's first line and then have the Granato line along with Kjell just pound on the Sedins until they disappear while Staal and Hejduk rack up points. I know GBC stopped calling the Sedins the sisters about a year ago, but I'm still not too sure :)

Of course this is up for debate, but in George Owen I think we have the best player in the series. To me Owen is the Denis Potvin of the MLD. There will be at least one game where he just takes over.

I agree with the first sentence of your closing paragraph. Although definitely by a small margin, George Owen is the best player in this series, IMO. I don't really agree with the next two sentences. Owen can be considered "the Potivin of the MLD", but I don't think he alone has the capability to take a game for you guys.

Second, about the rest of your post. I give you guys two advantages: line matching, and the grinding game. I think offense, although very close, maybe in your favour. Like I've said before, I like our defense. I've already addressed it, but I think it could be further stressed: I believe Chris Phillips and Bob Plager will be causing hell for the Moose Jaw fowards all series. We're also really confident that our top pairing and more then capable of stopping the top line that you guys have put together.

About Granato and Kjell pounding on the "Sisters". Watch out for our defenseman. Believe me, this is the reason TC and I decided to take a risk and draft Phaneuf early. Along with the previously mentioned shutdown pairing, Dion will be relied upon to provide a constant physical presence. Cherry can send Granato and Kjell out all he wants. Kilrea has the weapons on defense to counter. And even if you guys neutralize the Sedins completly, there is absolutely no way in my honest and humble opinion that Hejduk and Staal can put up points at will like you seem to claim they can. Great players, both of them, but they aren't going to be schooling the likes of the Giants defense + King Richard Brodeur. [/bias]

As for seventieslord's post: Like you said, Pederson is a playoff performer. I don't really understand your statement of hopefully he remembers the playoffs: you can't forget how to perform in the postseason. Some players can do it, others take longer to figure out how and get hot, and some just never do. Herb Cain is not weak in the playoffs IMO either. His team never made the playoffs during his monster season when he won the scoring title; every other year, his playoff numbers are very similar to his regular season numbers. There's no reason IMO to think that that line is going to disappear because Cain doesn't have a huge increase in scoring for the playoffs. I also see no reason to think Stastny is going to disappear. He had over a PPG in his first NHL playoffs with Quebec. His overall stats get lowered because he was held scoreless in 3 of 4 playoffs, although he played only 7 games in those 3 years. Stastny is a bit more debatable, but I still don't see any real reason to assume our top trio will just vanish into thin air. I'm really interested to hear who you think is the guy you talk about instead of Phaneuf (I have real hunch, I'm just curious to know for sure...check your PM's! :))

Overall, our team definitely will need to earn each and every victory, but I think we can beat you guys over the course of 7 games. Again, I expect this to a uber close hard fought series, and let the best team win. :handclap:

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
haha- I just realized how ridiculous "Staal and Hejduk will rack up points" must have sounded. I didn't mean they'd be the class of the league, although I think Staal is better than most second centres in this draft. I just think that they are (bias) FAR better than the Sedins. The Sedins have never done it for me, probably never will, and maybe that's unfair. However Staal and Hejduk are not only better individual players in the regular season, they've both gotten it done at crunch time. Maybe that's a product of the Sedins playing in Vancouver, but they have never impressed me in the post season.

As for Dion stepping up physically- he's in for a world of hurt. Let's just imagine that Granato and Kjell are pounding on the Sedins. Play stops, Dion comes rushing in to defend, John Wensink eats him for breakfast. It's not even close. When the gloves come off, Wensink is as good as anyone in this league. There's not a heavy weight in the history of the league that I would be afraid to put him up against. And he fights to hurt people- and that's what Cherry likes. He hurts Dion and there goes your big bomb from the point.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
haha- I just realized how ridiculous "Staal and Hejduk will rack up points" must have sounded. I didn't mean they'd be the class of the league, although I think Staal is better than most second centres in this draft. I just think that they are (bias) FAR better than the Sedins. The Sedins have never done it for me, probably never will, and maybe that's unfair. However Staal and Hejduk are not only better individual players in the regular season, they've both gotten it done at crunch time. Maybe that's a product of the Sedins playing in Vancouver, but they have never impressed me in the post season.

As for Dion stepping up physically- he's in for a world of hurt. Let's just imagine that Granato and Kjell are pounding on the Sedins. Play stops, Dion comes rushing in to defend, John Wensink eats him for breakfast. It's not even close. When the gloves come off, Wensink is as good as anyone in this league. There's not a heavy weight in the history of the league that I would be afraid to put him up against. And he fights to hurt people- and that's what Cherry likes. He hurts Dion and there goes your big bomb from the point.

Dion may be in for a pounding, but he's our 5th defenseman. He'll win a few fights, he'll lose more. That's okay. Dion won't just be protecting our stars, he'll be pissing the Millers defense off as well. If we get a powerplay because our young tough guy on defense just angered Laurie Boschman into a roughing penalty, and John Wensick into a game misconduct or something, we'll be happy. Alex Burrows (****UNDRAFTED PLAYER ALERT****) had a great quote a few days ago after fighting Vinny Lecavalier a few Canucks games back. "If you can get a player of his calibre off the ice for a full 5 minutes, you gotta do it". That's what we're looking from Dion from some extent. Hopefully, he doesn't get injured, although some bruises and such are expected, and he's a tough kid, so he'll handle that okay.

As for the second lines, individually, Hedjuk and Staal might be better players, but as a scoring unit, I think it's a lot closer then you give us credit for. The Sedins play a unique style of game, and have an insane chemistry that no other tandem in the draft has, and along with BAG, I think they'll be a lot better then some people seem to think. Ah well, I'm biased and homer-ish. :) :p: :thumbu:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
First off, I want to apologize for my sportsmanlike faux pas yesterday. Failed to wish our esteemed foes the best of luck in this series. It's probably the only sportsmanship that our rough-and-tumble squad will show, until after the series when coach Grapes extols the virtues of Brian Kilrea, but sportsmanship is a virtue.

I don't know if I'd say that George Owen is the Potvin of this series - I don't know if he was quite as vicious as Potvin - but I think he's clearly the class of the defencemen in this series. We would have picked him No. 1 if we had the pick. The guy scored back-to-back 12-goal seasons - impressive by post 1996 standards, fantastic by early 30 standards. It'd be a 25-30 goal pace in a pro-rated 82 game season, and that was back when defencemen rarely joined the rush, and scoring was lower than today's game.

TC mentioned the discipline and ability to play above expectations for Killer. And everyone knows I'm a big Kilrea fan. But the same can be said of our assistant coach, Dwight McMillan. If you guys want to know how good of a coach Dwight is, PM junior hockey mod goteam and ask him. He's an even bigger fan of Dwight's than I am. His performance at the 2005 Royal Bank Cup, with a vastly overmatched Weyburn team, will go down as one of the great coaching jobs that I have ever seen.

I still don't see the Twins as MLD worthy. They've had two good seasons, and they have yet to do it in the playoffs. I watched them last year, and they were neutralized by Sydor and Zubov. Not exactly guys who will be remembered as top defensive defencemen in their generation. We'll see how they handle the size, smarts and positioning of Samuelsson and Gregg, or the it's weird, but it works tandem of Butcher and Bouwmeester, not to mention the speed, aggressiveness and defensive awareness of our forwards.

And I still think Gustafson isn't the guy to play with them. I really like Gustafson. But he's not a guy who's going to open up room. Strong. Excellent two-way player. But he was by no means a physical force. In this series, you're going to need someone who can open up room for them. VCL, remember that series against Calgary in 2004, when the Twins were total non-factors against Calgary's team until they put Linden on that line to open up room for them? That's Hank and Daniel's future in this series.

You talk about Staal and Hejduk, but you forget the important third component of that line. Dennis Hextall is a rough-and-tough member of one of hockey's royal families. But he's also a very good playmaker, one of the best in the draft from the left side. His duty is to set them up, and open up room for them. And Staal is actually a very capable two-way player. Watch him play. He takes very good care of his own zone.

Barry Pederson has an excellent playoff track record, although he doesn't have Ray Bourque feeding him the puck this series, and he won't have Rick Middleton to work with, either.

And our goaltending is better. We both had Burke at No. 2 in the draft. We also had Johnny Mowers as the No. 1 goalie in the draft. Burke was good enough to be picked in ATD 5 and 6. Not the minor league. The main draft. Outside of 1982, Brodeur was never much in the playoffs. And while you could say the same for Burke, there were a couple years in which he was left to fend for himself in Phoenix. His play for Canada on the international stage shows what he can do behind a strong team.

If the Giants want to play a crash and bang game with us, that's great. Try it. Your in for a world of hurt. If they want to play a speed game, they're in trouble. Our forwards are among the fastest in the draft, and we have two of the fastest skating defencemen in the draft. And if they want to go goal-for-goal with us, they're done, too.

Diving Pokecheck*

And our goaltending is better. We both had Burke at No. 2 in the draft. We also had Johnny Mowers as the No. 1 goalie in the draft. Burke was good enough to be picked in ATD 5 and 6.
You would say that Burke is better than McNeil, Karakas, Cude, and Mowers?
He was a solid journeyman, but one has to wonder why he was moved so many times.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He was a solid journeyman, but one has to wonder why he was moved so many times.

Well, Henry was better than any of those (but Karakas, and on some games, he was better than Karakas).

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Well, I said I had Mowers rated ahead of Burke. Mowers was No. 1 on our list.

Burke was traded once before his 30th birthday. That was from New Jersey to Hartford/Carolina. He played with five teams from late December, 1997, to late 1999. Then he was in Phoenix for more than four years.

The vast majority of his career was spent with three organizations. There was a two-year span when he bounced around a lot, and then there was that nomadic stretch in his final two-and-a-half seasons.

Don't know why Carolina decided to trade him to Vancouver. Never really recovered from that, though, and he struggled in Vancouver, and his confidence was shot when he got to Philly.

Had a strong 1998-99 season with Florida. Then the Panthers took a flyer on Trevor Kidd. Kidd had an awesome start to the 1999-2000 season (there was talk after the first quarter that he might get Hart consideration), and the Panthers dealt Burke to Phoenix. Then Kidd got hurt in an all-star skills competition, and the Panthers were kicking themselves.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
First off, I want to apologize for my sportsmanlike faux pas yesterday. Failed to wish our esteemed foes the best of luck in this series. It's probably the only sportsmanship that our rough-and-tumble squad will show, until after the series when coach Grapes extols the virtues of Brian Kilrea, but sportsmanship is a virtue.

I don't know if I'd say that George Owen is the Potvin of this series - I don't know if he was quite as vicious as Potvin - but I think he's clearly the class of the defencemen in this series. We would have picked him No. 1 if we had the pick. The guy scored back-to-back 12-goal seasons - impressive by post 1996 standards, fantastic by early 30 standards. It'd be a 25-30 goal pace in a pro-rated 82 game season, and that was back when defencemen rarely joined the rush, and scoring was lower than today's game.

TC mentioned the discipline and ability to play above expectations for Killer. And everyone knows I'm a big Kilrea fan. But the same can be said of our assistant coach, Dwight McMillan. If you guys want to know how good of a coach Dwight is, PM junior hockey mod goteam and ask him. He's an even bigger fan of Dwight's than I am. His performance at the 2005 Royal Bank Cup, with a vastly overmatched Weyburn team, will go down as one of the great coaching jobs that I have ever seen.

I still don't see the Twins as MLD worthy. They've had two good seasons, and they have yet to do it in the playoffs. I watched them last year, and they were neutralized by Sydor and Zubov. Not exactly guys who will be remembered as top defensive defencemen in their generation. We'll see how they handle the size, smarts and positioning of Samuelsson and Gregg, or the it's weird, but it works tandem of Butcher and Bouwmeester, not to mention the speed, aggressiveness and defensive awareness of our forwards.

And I still think Gustafson isn't the guy to play with them. I really like Gustafson. But he's not a guy who's going to open up room. Strong. Excellent two-way player. But he was by no means a physical force. In this series, you're going to need someone who can open up room for them. VCL, remember that series against Calgary in 2004, when the Twins were total non-factors against Calgary's team until they put Linden on that line to open up room for them? That's Hank and Daniel's future in this series.

You talk about Staal and Hejduk, but you forget the important third component of that line. Dennis Hextall is a rough-and-tough member of one of hockey's royal families. But he's also a very good playmaker, one of the best in the draft from the left side. His duty is to set them up, and open up room for them. And Staal is actually a very capable two-way player. Watch him play. He takes very good care of his own zone.

Barry Pederson has an excellent playoff track record, although he doesn't have Ray Bourque feeding him the puck this series, and he won't have Rick Middleton to work with, either.

And our goaltending is better. We both had Burke at No. 2 in the draft. We also had Johnny Mowers as the No. 1 goalie in the draft. Burke was good enough to be picked in ATD 5 and 6. Not the minor league. The main draft. Outside of 1982, Brodeur was never much in the playoffs. And while you could say the same for Burke, there were a couple years in which he was left to fend for himself in Phoenix. His play for Canada on the international stage shows what he can do behind a strong team.

If the Giants want to play a crash and bang game with us, that's great. Try it. Your in for a world of hurt. If they want to play a speed game, they're in trouble. Our forwards are among the fastest in the draft, and we have two of the fastest skating defencemen in the draft. And if they want to go goal-for-goal with us, they're done, too.

I remember 2004. I think we're going to agree to disagree, but I still think Gustaffson is the type of player the Sedins need. They aren't going to cycle around the top Millers defenseman, but as long as they can get the puck to BAG, I think that line will pot some goals.

Just a side question though GBC; do you see the Twins as first line AAA players??

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I remember 2004. I think we're going to agree to disagree, but I still think Gustaffson is the type of player the Sedins need. They aren't going to cycle around the top Millers defenseman, but as long as they can get the puck to BAG, I think that line will pot some goals.

Just a side question though GBC; do you see the Twins as first line AAA players??
Haven't even thought about the AAA draft. Won't be participating in it. But I can name several centres out there better than Henrik Sedin, and a few LWs out there better than Daniel. (One LW available is better than most picked in the draft).

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Haven't even thought about the AAA draft. Won't be participating in it. But I can name several centres out there better than Henrik Sedin, and a few LWs out there better than Daniel. (One LW available is better than most picked in the draft).
Perhaps PM the names to a g.m. in the AAA Draft.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Perhaps PM the names to a g.m. in the AAA Draft.
Call it principles. I don't think it would be fair to the other GMs in the draft. Besides, most of, if not all of these players are pretty well known to a well-researched GM.

Now if a AAA draft GM were to promise his unconditional support for the Millers the rest of the draft, then I might consider it. After all, everybody has a price (I can't believe I just dropped a Ted DiBiase reference)...

Elvis P

Truth is the first casualty
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
1. Call it principles. I don't think it would be fair to the other GMs in the draft. Besides, most of, if not all of these players are pretty well known to a well-researched GM.

2. Now if a AAA draft GM were to promise his unconditional support for the Millers the rest of the draft, then I might consider it. After all, everybody has a price (I can't believe I just dropped a Ted DiBiase reference)...
After I read 1 I thought maybe you were taking ethics a little bit too seriously in a fantasy context. Then I read 2. Now I don't what to think of you! ;)

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Call it principles. I don't think it would be fair to the other GMs in the draft. Besides, most of, if not all of these players are pretty well known to a well-researched GM.

Now if a AAA draft GM were to promise his unconditional support for the Millers the rest of the draft, then I might consider it. After all, everybody has a price (I can't believe I just dropped a Ted DiBiase reference)...

haha, awesome.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Moose Jaw wins this series in 6 games

3 stars

1. Balfour
2. Balon
3. Owen

Ouch. I was expecting 7 games, with us having at least one star...but I can't say I didn't really see it (the loss) coming.

Congrats to MJM, you guys built an awesome team, and once again GBC, you impliment a system that kills the system I play. Ah well. :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Also, uber thank youz to TC for having me as a co-GM. It was fun man. :handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad