ATD 2021 REDUX

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
3 real life combos reunited that we never get to see in the ATD because of draft size.

And although not real life teammates, a couple more “team themes” with Hull-Chelios and Harvey-Lafleur

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
3 real life combos reunited that we never get to see in the ATD because of draft size.

And although not real life teammates, a couple more “team themes” with Hull-Chelios and Harvey-Lafleur
Almost went with Kurri to really lean into it.

Claude The Fraud

Apr 2, 2008
Rimouski
The Kamloops Blazers would like to welcome, from Ornskoldsvik, Sweden, former Hart and Art Ross winner, Peter Forsberg.

upload_2021-7-20_23-25-39.jpeg

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Henderson selects Bobby Hull's puck retriever on our 1st line: Henri Richard
Our History said:
The fearless Richard worked the corners, battling along the boards and crashing the net while still finding the back of the net with ease. As potent an offensive threat as his older sibling, Richard proved that he was a highly skilled two-way player, his speed allowing him to play as doggedly in a defensive role as he did offensively.

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
I was gonna start the team off with Hull and Chelios (or Coffey) so at least I didn't get scooped on my new guy for the third round, subtly sublime Jari Kurri.

Kurri's flattering stat for the day is his even strength scoring, as he didn't rack up much points on the powerplay at his best in the mid eighties and still put up them staggering totals. No doubt if he had wanted to play a bit more offensively he'd have much nicer numbers. He's was also one of those very select few who scored 100 or more in 54 games or less (and he did it twice).

Reactions: Dirt 101

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Chicago selects:

Round 3: Dickie Moore, LW

Round 4: Terry Sawchuk, G

One of the reasons I initially thought the last pick would be one of the better ones is because it gave nice options for goalies. We'll see how it goes though...

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Well, I also didn't expect Sawchuk to be taken, and I was gonna do something way out of character and pick him, as I'm not with the D in the round and the forwards weren't part of the plan...

I guess I'll go Vladislav Tretiak to continue with this team style

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
One of the captains of the Silver Knights is Eddie Gerard, a dynasty rearguard who is on many who's who lists of greatest hockey players over the first quarter to half century of play.

eddie-gerard.jpg

He played through a broken shoulder bone to a Stanley Cup game victory and when doctors put a cast on it, he had it cut off two hours before taping up for the next game in the series and another win.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad