ATD 2021 Multiple Teams Per GM Poll

Should ATD 2021 have multiple teams per GM?

• Total voters

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
One of the biggest complaints about the ATD is that it gets stale; changing up the draft size is the cleanest way to combat that.

I vote for 1 team per GM this year, with an eye towards 2 teams per GM next year.

Reactions: TheDevilMadeMe

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think we should wait to do this poll until trading has been decided. Whether trades are allowed may change someone's opinion, as trades can be a lot of extra work, 2 teams with trades may be too much for some GM's, but 2 teams without trades may be fine.

EDIT: Doing it in the reverse order would be fine too (i.e. deciding 2 teams or not first, then deciding on trades)

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Maybe a better idea would be to just have more options, so all polls can be available at the same time. So something like this:

1 or 2 Teams Poll (pick 2)

1 team if no trades
2 teams if no trades
1 team if trades
2 teams if trades

and then something similar for the other poll

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Maybe a better idea would be to just have more options, so all polls can be available at the same time. So something like this:

1 or 2 Teams Poll (pick 2)

1 team if no trades
2 teams if no trades
1 team if trades
2 teams if trades

and then something similar for the other poll

I feel once we know if people want trades or/and 2 teams we can discuss how to coordinate that later. I think we need to see where the group leans for the two big questions first.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I think we should wait to do this poll until trading has been decided. Whether trades are allowed may change someone's opinion, as trades can be a lot of extra work, 2 teams with trades may be too much for some GM's, but 2 teams without trades may be fine.

EDIT: Doing it in the reverse order would be fine too (i.e. deciding 2 teams or not first, then deciding on trades)

Trading has already won; it's 8-0.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I voted that it doesn’t matter, because I’d be happy either way.

The two team format was so much fun last year, and the drafting & lineup creation aspects are always my favorite. But I also welcome the idea of switching it up every year to keep it feeling fresh.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I voted that it doesn’t matter, because I’d be happy either way.

The two team format was so much fun last year, and the drafting & lineup creation aspects are always my favorite. But I also welcome the idea of switching it up every year to keep it feeling fresh.

Yeah I have a hard time getting motivated to debate....but hours upon hours of lineup construction I'll do in a heartbeat.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Never liked this idea. For one, you end up with way too many teams.

I think you end up with more quality and thought-out teams when GMs are focusing on one singular team.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'm trying to understand how a "yes" vote here with trades would even work. GMs who have 2 teams can't trade at all?

One no-trade + one trade conference probably won't work, as I assume that all or most of the GMs who only want 1 team will want to be able to trade.

Anyway, only 1 team per GM definitely simplifies things with trading allowed.

Reactions: Voight and Dirt 101

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
@Habsfan18
@Dreakmur
@ted2019

You 3 all picked "doesn't matter". Do you have a strong preference here? It's 7-4 in favor of keeping this a 1 team per GM draft. You 3 could technically tie it up but I agree with TDMM (and others) that trying to make a full trade draft with some people having 2 teams vs only 1, would be an effort in some madness.

Hoping we can get a pretty clear consensus one way or the other here. It would firm up the 2 biggest questions.

I assume others will show up to participate as we get closer to/after New Years. But I'm not ready, nor do I think we need to start sending out recruitment PM's in large quantities yet.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I mean, one “simple” solution to that issue would be to make a separate no-trading conference for GM’s who have 2 clubs. For those GM’s, one of their teams would be placed in a conference with all of the other GM’s who chose to manage two clubs. The trading conference would consist of their other club, plus all of the GM’s who chose to stick with one club only.

But I agree that it would just be much simpler to stick with one team each this year. It keeps things fresh. But I’ll never turn down the chance to draft draft draft. :laugh:

So I still feel like I’m good either way. I suppose my heart says 2 teams but my head says 1.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
@Habsfan18
@Dreakmur
@ted2019

You 3 all picked "doesn't matter". Do you have a strong preference here? It's 7-4 in favor of keeping this a 1 team per GM draft. You 3 could technically tie it up but I agree with TDMM (and others) that trying to make a full trade draft with some people having 2 teams vs only 1, would be an effort in some madness.

Hoping we can get a pretty clear consensus one way or the other here. It would firm up the 2 biggest questions.

I assume others will show up to participate as we get closer to/after New Years. But I'm not ready, nor do I think we need to start sending out recruitment PM's in large quantities yet.

It doesn't matter to me. I only have time to have 1 team.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
It's fairly lopsided in favor of this being a 1 team per GM draft, unless the 3 "doesn't matter" folks want to join the 2 team crowd.

I won't start a secondary poll on this unless the 2 team option closes the gap with the singular one.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
2 teams would be the worst idea of all-time at this point. It doesn't fit with the trading draft, and the split-rule by conference idea would make it a logistic nightmare when looking to trade.

Reactions: TheDevilMadeMe

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
@Habsfan18
@Dreakmur
@ted2019

If I were to change my vote, it would be to a NO.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad