ATD 2018: Players ONLY trade thread

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The draft is minutes from being over so I'm putting this up now.

This thread is for PLAYER TRADES ONLY. Same rules apply from the trade thread during the draft. Trades must be approved by at least 4+ GM's before it can be official. Both parties must confirm and then wait for evaluation. Deals may be reworked if they are deemed to lopsided.

Completed Trades:

Bankers trade:
Jim Schoenfeld (334)
Jack Walker (232)
Ken Mosdell (393)

Red Star trade:
Bill White (190)
Ed Westfall (311)
Bob Bourne (455)

Last edited:

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Trade to announce:

Bankers trade:

Jim Schoenfeld (334)
Jack Walker (232)
Ken Mosdell (393)

Red Star trade:
Bill White (190)
Ed Westfall (311)
Bob Bourne (455)

-144 (White to Schoenfeld)

+79 (Walker to Westfall)
+62 (Mosdell to Bourne)
=+141

The value is literally about spot on. Raptor to confirm.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Trade to announce:

Bankers trade:

Jim Schoenfeld (334)
Jack Walker (232)
Ken Mosdell (393)

Red Star trade:
Bill White (190)
Ed Westfall (311)
Bob Bourne (455)

-144 (White to Schoenfeld)

+79 (Walker to Westfall)
+62 (Mosdell to Bourne)
=+141

The value is literally about spot on. Raptor to confirm.

Yeah let’s go

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
I'm torn... I think there is a definite winner, but I dont like it when people veto trades just because somebody clearly wins. Then again... I do think this is far more unbalanced than the trade that stoneburg/mark and I made earlier, and that was quickly vetoed.

I'll have to think a bit on it.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Obviously the biggest gap is White to Schoenfeld. Nobody can deny that.

But Walker is quite a bit superior to Westfall in that he can play anywhere on the F line (versatility), and actually brings some offensive value to the table for a bottom 6 F based on his scoring finishes. I'd say he's slightly better defensively as well as there is a ton written about his abilities in that aspect. Both are elite in that regard either way.

And Mosdell is a good bit better than Bourne in that he brings more offense by a decent margin, was a postseason AS twice and proved capable of playing in a top 6 or bottom 6 role in real life, doing both very well. Bourne's crowning achievement was his 4 year scoring stretch during the Islanders Cup runs (speaking strictly postseason). Other than that he's a run of the mill 4th line energy guy, whereas Mosdell is a more impactful player in all phases of the game.

I do honestly think I win the trade by a slight margin because I do get the best player in the deal but he gets a very nice boost at 2 forward spots that IMO make up most of the difference.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I don't really understand the point of this trade. It seems like a trade for the sake of doing a trade.

Also, Mosdell could have gone a lot higher.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Walker isn’t much better than Westfall, he’s just a lot more versatile, right?

I think Westfall is a better penalty killer to be honest. That's about it.

I really don't see what Velo is getting in return for making his second pairing much weaker.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Ugh I was wondering if we'd get big all-player trades for the first time just because we talked about them so much this time.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I haven't seen any outright veto's. But a few folks saying it's not veto worthy. Figure we'll let any discussion go through at least tonight (24 hour period from trade being posted).

Feel free to chime in folks. Thanks.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
The value is a lot closer than what the pick #'s may suggest indeed, but what's the point? lol

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Sure. I'm not sure there's a whole lot of difference between them.

There really isn't. I think both should go in the 250-300 range in a 24-25 person draft. Broadbent played a couple of seasons on a line with Nels Stewart (i'm a big fan of chemistry) and fits my 2nd line much better than Phil Kessel so it makes sense from my standpoint and TZ said he was looking to upgrade his LW depth which was lacking. Deal makes sense for both our needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad