ATD 2016: Preference poll for playoff format (STILL OPEN PLEASE VOTE!)

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Please rank EACH option from 1 to 5 in order of your preference for which format we will use.

In any format where we have divisions, the split will be 2 conferences of 2 divisions each, with 6 teams in one division and 7 teams in the other in each conference. In a no division format, there will be 13 teams in each conference.

1. No divisions/2 conferences: 1,2,3 get a 1st round bye, 5 playoff rounds in total
2. Divisions with a play-in round: 6-7 in the 7 team divisions have a SHORT playoff series, then 1-2 seeds in each division get a 1st round bye, 6 playoff rounds in total if you include the play-in round
3. Option 2, but with no play-in round, the two 7th place teams in the 7 team divisions do not participate in the playoffs, 5 playoff rounds in total
4. 16 team playoff with 2 conferences, top 8 teams from each conference make the playoffs
5. 16 team playoff with 2 conferences, 4 divisions, 4 teams from each division make the playoffs

EDIT: Just to be clear, every team makes the playoffs in options 1 and 2, two teams don't make the playoffs in option 3, and 10 teams don't make the playoffs in options 4 and 5

EDIT2: Clarification on option 3 regarding which teams are actually excluded from the playoffs.

Going to post votes here to make it easy to keep track:

BB: 1-2-3-4-5
jarek: 1-4-2-5-3
NP: 5-4-1-2-3
VI: 2-5-1-4-3
RB: 2-5-1-3-4
87and71: 2-5-1-3-4
tonyd: 2-1-5-3-4
rmartin: 2-5-4-3-1
Stoneberg: 2-3-5-1-4
King Forsberg: 2-5-1-4-3
Iceman: 2-5-1-4-3
MadArcand: 4-5-2-1-3
HT: 2-1-3-4-5
70's: 5-4-1-2-3
RS: 2-1-3-4-5

Last edited by a moderator:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Someone can delete my thread, we did it at the same time but mine has one less option.

My vote: 1-2-3-4-5

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I would say anyone who did 3-4 major drafts or won a major draft should have a vote pretty much forever.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
None of the options are the way we've always done it before. :(

5. 16 team playoff with 2 conferences, 4 divisions, 4 teams from each division make the playoffs
I can stomach this. So rank it first imo.

We used to think EVERY team deserves to make the playoffs, have at least one round series to argue for their club against another, and we've had a couple of epic upsets.

Now only a few make the playoffs?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

We used to think EVERY team deserves to make the playoffs, have at least one round series to argue for their club against another, and we've had a couple of epic upsets.

Look closely, some options enables every team to make the playoffs.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009

Why does it always need to be done the way it always has? Option 2 is actually very close to the way its always been done. There really isn't any way to have a clean playoff format with 26 teams. That's just the reality of the situation.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
So, option #2 is the one option of the 5 that has every team playing in a series?

K.

Option 2 I vote for as the best.

(Option 5 otherwise, I guess.)

To not make the playoffs is like saying f off. We don't deserve to even hear why we didn't rank you high in the regular season voting. It just sits bad with me. I hope I'm not the only one.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
So, option #2 is the one option of the 5 that has every team playing in a series?

K.

To not make the playoffs is like saying f off. We don't deserve to even hear why we didn't rank you high in the regular season voting. It just sits bad with me. I hope I'm not the only one.

Both options 1 and 2 have every team making the playoffs. Option 3 leaves only 2 teams on the outside looking in.

For the sake of the poll, can you please rank all 5 choices?

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL

K.

Please see the OP, I have clarified how many teams make the playoffs for each option

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad