ATD 2016: On The Clock Trading.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Yeah let's just do this. I don't think it will be very complicated.

EDIT: Added one vote to option 1 for Bench Brawl

EDIT: jarek and tonyd votes switched to number 1

Poll totals have been changed to reflect the above

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
This is why ordered preference polls are created.

Yep, even though I said I was going to handle this in the trading poll thread, jarek just couldn't help himself being so eager to get things started, and he acted before thinking everything through. Now we're going to likely have to do another poll and it will take longer than had we done it the right way from the beginning. I saw this coming, but decided jarek should learn this lesson the hard way.

Everyone is excited to get the draft started, but it's best to take a little extra time and do things correctly.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Yep, even though I said I was going to handle this in the trading poll thread, jarek just couldn't help himself being so eager to get things started, and he acted before thinking everything through. Now we're going to likely have to do another poll and it will take longer than had we done it the right way from the beginning. I saw this coming, but decided jarek should learn this lesson the hard way.

Everyone is excited to get the draft started, but it's best to take a little extra time and do things correctly.

What are you talking about?

If option 1 or 2 win, it's done.

If options 1 and 2 are tied, I will change my vote as a tie breaker to option 1.

If options 1, 2 AND 3 are tied, I will again change my vote as a tie breaker to option 1.

If option 3 wins, we would have needed to do another poll anyways.

If everything is tied, then I will again change my vote to option 1 as a tie breaker.

The only result that would end up in a re-poll is option 3 winning.. which is probably not going to happen.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
What are you talking about?

If option 1 or 2 win, it's done.

If options 1 and 2 are tied, I will change my vote as a tie breaker to option 1.

If options 1, 2 AND 3 are tied, I will again change my vote as a tie breaker to option 1.

If option 3 wins, we would have needed to do another poll anyways.

If everything is tied, then I will again change my vote to option 1 as a tie breaker.

The only result that would end up in a re-poll is option 3 winning.. which is probably not going to happen.

If any of the otc trading options win, then the people who voted for no otc trading should get to vote on how otc trading would work. The first basic question is otc vs. no otc trading, once you know that then you can determine if we want additional restrictions. An ordered preference list could've taken care of all of this at once and provide a more accurate answer as to what people really wanted.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
If any of the otc trading options win, then the people who voted for no otc trading should get to vote on how otc trading would work. The first basic question is otc vs. no otc trading, once you know that then you can determine if we want additional restrictions. An ordered preference list could've taken care of all of this at once and provide a more accurate answer as to what people really wanted.

Well you're free to redo the poll and delete this one if you want.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
no trading in the second half of your clock sounds like one of those "compromises" that is worse than either allowing or disallowing it.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
no trading in the second half of your clock sounds like one of those "compromises" that is worse than either allowing or disallowing it.

I agree, but if that's what everyone wants then that's what we'll have to go with I guess.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site

Agreed 100% enough compromises. We tried compromises, they always make things worse.

I agree, but if that's what everyone wants then that's what we'll have to go with I guess.

If it is what everyone wants, then I vote for whatever will stop it from being what everyone wants.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Well right now unrestricted trading has almost half the vote, if the ratio remains unchanged (and I am more than happy to change my vote to unrestricted voting) then there should be no need for another poll.

And I agree about compromises.. the pre-draft trading last time was supposed to be a compromise, and I hope that idea burns in the fires of hell for eternity.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Well right now unrestricted trading has almost half the vote, if the ratio remains unchanged (and I am more than happy to change my vote to unrestricted voting) then there should be no need for another poll.

And I agree about compromises.. the pre-draft trading last time was supposed to be a compromise, and I hope that idea burns in the fires of hell for eternity.

We have also tried trading limits which ground the gears to a halt if it was your last trade and enraged people when a good trade would have been available, but one party was blocked. And someone might accidentally make a trade they aren't allowed to. Every compromise we have ever made with the issue has been worse than just allowing or not allowing. Compromise means more oversight, we are all volunteers.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
We have 21 votes here. If I swap my vote to unrestricted trading, that option will have 10/21 total votes. Is that enough to make it a majority without a need for a re-poll?

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well here's how I see it...the people who voted for no otc trades should get a say in what the otc rules should be, However, if you take all the votes for no otc trading and you add them to either option 2 or 3 and you still don't have a number higher than the votes for no restrictions then I think it's fair to just declare no restrictions the winner without having another poll.

For example right now there's 5 votes for no otc trading if you assigned all of those votes to option 3 there still wouldn't be more than option 1 now that jarek and tony have switched

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Well here's how I see it...the people who voted for no otc trades should get a say in what the otc rules should be, However, if you take all the votes for no otc trading and you add them to either option 2 or 3 and you still don't have a number higher than the votes for no restrictions then I think it's fair to just declare no restrictions the winner without having another poll.

For example right now there's 5 votes for no otc trading if you assigned all of those votes to option 3 there still wouldn't be more than option 1 now that jarek and tony have switched

Seems like we have a winner then?

Personally I think we've waited long enough. 21 votes is a solid number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad