ATD 13 Sign Up-Feedback

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
who is interested in doing another draft?

also lets get some consensus on when the draft should begin andi am for a earlier start myself because I hate using nice spring days in late may and in june to do a draft:)

lets pick 3 dates to start the draft

Jan 14
Feb 15
Mar 1

what do you think?

Pretty sure it's already been decided.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I thought we skipped the MLD because the new ATDs were going to be done annually rather than random start dates.

Yes, I know that, but I didn't realize a start date had already been planned.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Yes, I know that, but I didn't realize a start date had already been planned.

Not an exact date, but everyone seems pretty set on "late january".

I love it. I think we'll have the best MLD ever, because the ATD will be done in April instead of June, and we'll be likely to get more participants.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Not an exact date, but everyone seems pretty set on "late january".

I love it. I think we'll have the best MLD ever, because the ATD will be done in April instead of June, and we'll be likely to get more participants.

That's around the time when college exams start, so yeah. Lots of people will have spare time.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
That's around the time when college exams start, so yeah. Lots of people will have spare time.

You need this emoticon: :sarcasm:

How many ATD GMs are in college? There aren't a lot that I know of.

The MLD is a lot less labour-intensive. And the excuse is always "it's summer, who wants to be tied to their computer?" Well this time it won't be summer.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009

The MLD is a lot less labour-intensive. And the excuse is always "it's summer, who wants to be tied to their computer?" Well this time it won't be summer.

It will be for me! But I'm always tied to my computer anyways.. :P

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario

I'm still in highschool so I'm lucky enough to have exams start in June.

Definitely excited about this ATD..

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
One thing we should discuss is trades.

The three basic options are:
1. No trades.
2. No restriction on a trade unless there is a serious objection to it.
3. Trading, but within some set of rules.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
3. You can't trade when you're on the clock -even if you started a trade before you are up, as soon as a pick is up, it's locked in.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
No restrictions on trading, but trading a pick within the current round should be prohibited. The trade must be ANNOUNCED BEFORE the round for which the pick is at. After that, 24 hours for a veto period, if 10% of the GMs (in most cases, 2 or 3) veto the trade, it is declined.

Same sort of rule we had this time around, except eliminate the trading limit and STRICTLY enforce not trading within the same round.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I liked how trading was handled in the last MLD - no trading the pick on the clock, but no other restrictions.

There wasn't a single trade that even came up for a veto vote in the last ATD, was there?

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
I agree with no restrictions other than once your on the clock, you can't trade.

No restrictions on trading, but trading a pick within the current round should be prohibited. The trade must be ANNOUNCED BEFORE the round for which the pick is at. After that, 24 hours for a veto period, if 10% of the GMs (in most cases, 2 or 3) veto the trade, it is declined.

Same sort of rule we had this time around, except eliminate the trading limit and STRICTLY enforce not trading within the same round.

Uhm, that would be restrictions on trading...

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I like no restrictions at all, but once it's your turn, no trading.

There are ways around that anyway. But once it's your pick, make the selection and then figure out from there.

...what is "sign up feedback" anyway?

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I like no restrictions at all, but once it's your turn, no trading.

There are ways around that anyway. But once it's your pick, make the selection and then figure out from there.

...what is "sign up feedback" anyway?
I think LL is giving us a chance to sign up and provide feedback.

On the trade front: I like the idea of no restrictions, but you can't trade once you're on the clock. I think I suggested it after the silliness of the early rounds in ATD 9. I don't like the 3-GM/24-hour rule. Maybe if we go with six hours, but that could allow a couple GMs to pull a shady move in the middle of the night. Then again, I'm not a fan of holding up the draft because of trades. At all.

As someone who administered most of the last draft, I found that the systems in place worked pretty well. I'd drop the all-star team votes - that didn't work at all. I'd keep the time limits that we had, with one small change. Once you get to the four-hour limit in Rounds 21 to 24, your time limit window can't be reduced. If you have two hours on your time limit window entering Round 21, then that's what you'll stay at for the rest of the draft. And you're always guaranteed at least an hour to pick. The time frames for the playoffs worked great. I think that's why we had more GMs voting. We avoided the Christmas break for the first time in a fall draft since the playoffs were implemented, and we had close to 50 per cent turnout throughout the playoffs. I'm guessing that's the first time it's happened.

Honestly, fellas, I'm just not excited for this right now. It's been the same way the last couple drafts. Then once it gets close, I get excited. But this time, there's really a sense of malaise for me. It's not because it's been a month since the last draft ended. It's not because some of my buddies from the early drafts - Murph, HO, Spit and reck - aren't part of it anymore.

I'm just trying to not be so tied to a computer. And I'm trying to reduce the amount of time I spend on HF.

Of course, if I do participate, and I get one of those players that I've always wanted, but never had, with the first pick, my interest would peak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad