ATD#10 Trade Talk thread

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
We've never had one but we should. This is a place to state one's trade interest. It could make it easier for others to see who's thinking of maybe trading what when.

e.g. My team has 7th overall and while I'd trade down in the round if the deal is sweeter later, you won't believe I received an offer of a 4th and 6th rounder for my 5th rounder AND FIRST ROUNDER (7TH OVERALL). Would anybody in their right mind make such a trade? It must be a joke.

Here's a re-listing of draft order to help you get an overview, know who to target for trades:

The Red Fisher conference

The Jim Robson division:

Hedberg - Victoria Salmon Kings 9 Maurice Richard
MXD & Jungosi - Victoria Secrets 4 Mario Lemieux
pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers 27 Ted Lindsay
shawnmullin - Trail Smoke Eaters 12 Denis Potvin
Sturminator & Transplanted Caper - San Francisco Spiders 16 Nicklas Lidstrom
kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans 2 Wayne Gretzky
Agent Dale Cooper & Evil Sather - Oakland Seals 3 Gordie Howe

The Foster Hewitt division:

seventieslord - Regina Pats 10
vancityluongo - Winnipeg Jets 28Phil Esposito
papershoes - Kenora Thistles 13 Guy Lafleur, Red Kelly
Pwnasaurus & JimEIV - Kansas City Scouts 1 Bobby Orr
Nalyd Psycho - Houston Aeros 18Cyclone Taylor
cottonking - Dallas Blackhawks 22Larry Robinson
arrbez & Rick Middleton - Team Iceland 5 Eddie Shore

The Jim Coleman conference

The Bob Cole division:

spitfire11 - Detroit Red Wings 15Steve Yzerman
EagleBelfour - Detroit Falcons 25Jacques Plante
Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs 6 Bobby Hull
Leopold Stotch- Toronto Marlboros 8 Doug Harvey
pappyline - Buffalo Bisons 11 Stan Mikita
camperjr & Gagner4God - Pittsburgh Penguins 20 Patrick Roy
nik jr - Lada Togliatti 19 Bobby Clarke

The René Lecavalier division:

Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens 26 Dominik Hasek, Bryan Trottier
Murphy - Montreal Maroons 14 Mark Messier, Earl Seibert
God Bless Canada & raleh - Rocket de Montreal 17Howie Morenz, Boom Boom Geoffrion, Serge Savard
BM67 - New Jersey Devils 23 Glenn Hall, Bill Cook
VanIslander - New Haven Nighthawks 7 Jean Beliveau, Raymond Bourque, Johnny Bower
Alan Hoff - Philadelphia Blazers 24Mike Bossy, Frank Mahovlich
chaosrevolver & Booootthh - Stockholm Subbans 21Martin Brodeur, Slava Fetisov

Last edited:

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
The #5 pick is on the block, for anyone interested. PM myself or Rick Middleton. We do accept sexual favours.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Seems that trading down is all the rage these days. No surprise, three of the four teams to make the ATD#9 semis (the Bisons, Falcons and Isotopes) traded down quite a bit and were able to leverage better overall draft position because of it. Hopefully most of the board has gotten wise to the fact that trading up is generally a waste of assets, as we'll see less of that this time around.

To be honest, one of the things that almost kept me from coming back was the fact that it was becoming too much work to keep up with the guys who were making obviously profitable trades by moving down. After Eagle's ridiculously sweet deal to move down in the first of the last draft, I felt like I was behind the 8-ball from square one. Of course, I can't stop anyone from making dumb trades with my rivals, but I can hope.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
raleh and I made one legitimate trade up in the last draft, to acquire a player we thought we unquestionably the most valuable one available at that point in the draft. We traded up once (at the request of another team) and I think we made one other move.

We actually didn't make a move in ATD 8. We're in a similar draft position in ATD 10 as 8, so I'd be surprised if we make a move this time.

We're certainly thrilled to be picking at No. 17.

I'm not a big fan of trading in this thing. The only time I'll usually do it is if I have a specific player in mind, one I'm a big fan of, or that I haven't had before. Outside of that, I don't see the point. It just over-complicates something that should be just for fun.

Incidentally, I don't think it was Eagle's trade down that was his biggest move. He fleeced one former GM on one trade that really cemented his team's skill level and identity.

As for pappy, there's only one trade down that really stands out, but with the assets he gained, I thought it was the trade that really set him apart, and made him the guy to beat from about the fourth round on.

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
I'm not huge on trading either. The one time my team made a lot of trades (Van and I together) we had terrific top guys and our depth suffered as a result. The only time I really get into trading is when I have someone very specific in mind and it's a small move.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
As always, I'm willing to trade up or down, as long as the deal is of decent value. I have 23 and 34 in the first two rounds. I'd be willing to move right out of the first round for good value.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
You're not kidding BM67, you sure did.

The New Jersey Devils trade their 1st, 11th and 15th round picks to the Kenora Thistles for their 2nd, 8th and 9th round picks.
:amazed: dropping from the middle of the 1st round (where plenty of guys could go anyways) to the middle of the second round in order to get TWO additional top-250 picks... nice BM67 nice, especially since some 220th overallish picks can be seen as better than some 150th overallish picks

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
I do need to trade the pick NOW, but I'm just letting know that I will probably trade my 2nd round pick, 36th overall. I'm looking to trade down in the 40's (even though I can look at any option). I'll be looking to move up in the 3rd round that's for sure.

Keep that in mind.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Just to throw this out there, if anyone is looking to move up in the second, depending on what happens between now and my pick, I might be willing to to move down.

I'd be looking basically for a swap of second and third rounders if I do. I know things don't quite work out evenly because of the trade I made, so I'd be willing to give a little bit up in a later round if just a second and third swap works out to be lopsided in my favour.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I have the 47th and 74th picks. I'd like to move down from 47th but up from 74th. Does anyone in the opposite situation with two picks in between those, want to swing a deal? Depending what the picks are, we will adjust the deal accordingly with a couple of 5ths or 6ths to keep it commensurate with the values being exchanged.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I think I have to keep 56 & 57 to get the players I want (and even then, I might not get them) but my next pick is 103rd. I would have to trade up to get my preferred next player because he won't last till 103rd. I have some depth in the 11th-14th rounds. Any offers?

Diving Pokecheck*

I am going to make a pick. I am interested in acquiring the very next pick. (kruezer). I just want to trade a bit up from #59 to #55.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
We are looking to move up in the 3rd round. We hold pick 81.

We might be interested, depending what's going on at that time.

Otherwise, the Victoria Secrets are interesting making a slight trade down. If you have pick 62,63,64 or 65, PM :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad