ATB Top-20 CBJ Prospects

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Mods, feel free to move to another thread if necessary :)

My own take on the top-20 prospects for the CBJ, complete with talent analysis and future outlooks.

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/08/columbus-blue-jackets-top-20-prospects-post-draft-edition/

Prospects seem to be a hot topic on the board right now, judging by the other threads ... so I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here. If nothing else, this is another list to debate ;)

Also, for those who enjoy this sort of thing, my thoughts on the Jeff Carter trade, four years later:

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/08/cbj-perspective-jeff-carter-trade/

Happy to discuss/answer questions/make comments. Cheers, fellow CBJ fans :yo:

orthosrgn2

Apr 26, 2007
Good article SL. With all the trades that transpired it is very hard to declare winners and losers here. I would like to address Jake specifically. While in Columbus, I believe he played well but never became the player we were hoping for. One thing we could not offer him was Jaromir Jagr, a fellow coutryman whose work ethic is supreme. I believe Jake benefitted greatly from that mentoring and reached a level he might never have reached with the CBJ.

Thanks for all your good articles, as well as your insight!

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
One thing we could not offer him was Jaromir Jagr, a fellow coutryman whose work ethic is supreme. I believe Jake benefitted greatly from that mentoring and reached a level he might never have reached with the CBJ.

You could have had both...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
As usual good article. I like your spot for Bittner better than the group vote.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
As usual good article. I like your spot for Bittner better than the group vote.
I dunno. I get suspicious of that sort of thing - altho admittedly that has a lot to do with the guy who played with Calvert and BSchenn on the Wheat Kings.

I'd like him to succeed, for sure, because of the whole "we have eleventy billion players from Portland" connection, but...

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I dunno. I get suspicious of that sort of thing - altho admittedly that has a lot to do with the guy who played with Calvert and BSchenn on the Wheat Kings.

I'd like him to succeed, for sure, because of the whole "we have eleventy billion players from Portland" connection, but...

The thing about Bittner that sets him apart from the player you're alluding to is that, he's not just a passenger -- he's a difference maker. I had him rated in my own top-20 for this year's draft, which was a damn good draft. In a normal draft, Bittner might have merited top-ten consideration.

He's a very good skater with an excellent shot and a nose for the net. He doesn't wow with his physical play and throw big checks, but he's more of a Chris Kreider type of player that uses his size, skating, and skill, to generate offense. I really liked the pick, and I have every reason to despise the Portland Winterhawks :laugh:

As with any prospect, time will tell. I think our top four picks from this most recent draft are all blue chip prospects that will play in the NHL.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words, really makes it easier to put my stuff out there for all to read!

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
We have too many Swedish players.

TRJqX48.gif

It has been foreseen by Paracelsus that after a period of disaster there is a golden lion coming from the North to rout the imperial eagle and bring a period of peace upon our Earth. He may have been already drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Alexander Wennberg Magnus. William Karlsson Magnus.

Last edited:

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
I'm not a racist, but Swedes did not much like me. I have a feeling, discomfort i would call.
Sore Loser, thanks for the article.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad