At what point does Semin prove himself for a contract extension?

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
wait until june 30....

at this time you will know if Semin want to stay...at least wait until Perry remain unsigned for next year...

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
wait until june 30....

at this time you will know if Semin want to stay...at least wait until Perry remain unsigned for next year...

Semin hatred or follower sounds like. The Caps board has plenty of it and you are probably welcome over there. Your post makes little sense.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Rocky, bubby...settle down. I interpreted Carl to say that the Canes should wait to see what hits the open market before signing Semin. While I don't agree with that, there's nothing in that to get upset at.

Please. Lighten up. It's too early in the morning on a lovely day to be so filled with angst.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
If Semin isn't resigned this team is basically a high draft pick team. JR better do everything he can to resign him. Without Semin this team would have nothing going for it. Not even joking. Is Jordan doing anything Sutter couldn't have done? No. Semin inspires the others, creates plays, and is responsible for making Eric Staal at least halfway attempt to earn his ridiculous paycheck .

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Rocky, bubby...settle down. I interpreted Carl to say that the Canes should wait to see what hits the open market before signing Semin. While I don't agree with that, there's nothing in that to get upset at.

Please. Lighten up. It's too early in the morning on a lovely day to be so filled with angst.

Yeah ok, I didn't interpret the post that way. If that's his opinion, fine. I don't agree with it however. :)

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
If Semin isn't resigned this team is basically a high draft pick team. JR better do everything he can to resign him. Without Semin this team would have nothing going for it. Not even joking. Is Jordan doing anything Sutter couldn't have done? No. Semin inspires the others, creates plays, and is responsible for making Eric Staal at least halfway attempt to earn his ridiculous paycheck .

This I 99% agree with.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Come out and explain that please. Can we not be respectful and have fun and constructive conversations here even when we don't agree on some topics? That would be great and enjoyable. No?

:laugh: Lighten up Francis.

In the movie DieHard, Ellis says a line: "Hans, Bubby....". My comment was in no way disrespectful to you...was just wondering if geehaad was using a Die-hard reference in his post.

You come across way to sensitive about things written on this board. If you want to have "fun and constructive" conversations, then you might want to stop getting so worked up about harmless comments and making comments like the one you made which precipitated this whole discussion.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Two players in the NHL in the Top 20 in scoring with a shooting percentage below 10%.... Zetterberg and Semin. I can't even imagine what life would be like for Semin right now if he had ANY puck luck at all. He'd probably be in the Top 5. Staal would be with him.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Two players in the NHL in the Top 20 in scoring with a shooting percentage below 10%.... Zetterberg and Semin. I can't even imagine what life would be like for Semin right now if he had ANY puck luck at all. He'd probably be in the Top 5. Staal would be with him.
Staal was Top 5 until yesterday.

Is there a stat for Semin's posts? It's gotta be up there. He could have 15 goals, easily. He also needs to shoot more.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

That's just dumb. Nothing else going for it? The Semin "haters" are annoying but the extreme over-the-top Semin worshippers are just as annoying. I like the guy. very good player. But let's not even entertain the notion that he's dragging this team singlehandedly into the playoffs.

Last edited:

Razputyn

Feb 24, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
That's just dumb. Nothing else going for it? The Semin "haters" are annoying but the extreme over-the-top Semin worshippers are just as annoying. I like the guy. very good player. But let's not even entertain the notion that he's dragging this team singlehandedly into the playoffs.

I want to agree with you, but I can't. I just don't know what the top line would be without Semin, and I don't think Tlusty would still be on it. And I don't know if that's enough to skirt the fine line between a win and a loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad