Proposal: At the trade deadline: Markov & LeBlanc for Connolly & 2nd round pick

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
In a scenario where you guys are contending for the playoffs or in the picture.

To Tampa Bay: Andrei Markov and Louis LeBlanc

To Montreal: Brett Connolly and a 2nd round pick

is this something you guys consider?

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Markov will be a 35 year old LHD UFA to be with a significant injury history and LeBlanc is so far a bust who wouldn't be anything more than a depth player in Syracuse. I'd easily pass.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I'd be very disappointed if Connolly were to be moved for Markov. As an (aging and injury-prone) PMD he doesn't fill an organizational need.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Definitely not a deal I'd consider. The only way I'd maybe trade Connolly to the Habs is for Tinordi +.

Yzlamic Preacher*

There is no trade ti be made between Tampa and Montreal. What we want Montreal never even moves. What Montreal is willing to giving up we don't even consider.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
In a scenario where you guys are contending for the playoffs or in the picture.

To Tampa Bay: Andrei Markov and Louis LeBlanc

To Montreal: Brett Connolly and a 2nd round pick

is this something you guys consider?

Leblanc has two to four more years at pace is on to hit NHL I wouldnt give up on him cause has good size and is a center so might all come together? Yet stevie doesnt like giving up picks especially first or seconds and we are really not looking for old defenders he would be more in tune someone in prime whom would be top four 22-28 years of age and 5 million type of guy.

This is my thoughts doesnt mean I am right just think this is how stevie is thinking what would like etc.. if moved someone like connolly.

So no doubt he would even listen to this proposal or if did would be pretty quick have a good day.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
While the Lightning need defensive help, trades for defensemen will have to be for younger players. Our long-term defensive needs are not helped at all if we bring in a 35 year old defender with one year left on his contract. We can add a plug-in defenseman with someone younger from Syracuse to get them experience. Or...free agency/waivers could fill that need, and we keep Connolly. Or...we can keep resigning Mathieu Roy once the injuries get really bad :sarcasm:

If we are moving Connolly in a deal for a defenseman, it will definitely not be for an aging, injury-prone defenseman and a prospect who does not do much to improve our offensively stacked prospect pool.

Connolly + a 2nd? Nope. We aren't close to agreeing to this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00