At the end of this season, which team do you think will win the Pacific Division?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Sharks look great on paper but they are aging. It shouldn’t be a huge stretch that some of their key guys simply aren’t that good anymore. It also isn’t a huge stretch that having Karlsson and Burns on the same team is maybe not as good as it seems.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
CGY to me is way too inconsistent - some nights they look unbeatable and the best team in the league, other nights it's like watching an AHL team.
You should watch one of their games from this season then. If they've had ANY games where they look like an AHL team (I can't think of any), they are VERY rare. They've looked bad, but mostly in games that they've won.

Anyways, Calgary would need consistent goal tending to stay in first, but definitely have the skill and offense to do it. Sharks on paper probably should win it, but they've shown to be less consistent. That said, Ducks probably will find a way (somehow).

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
You should watch one of their games from this season then. If they've had ANY games where they look like an AHL team (I can't think of any), they are VERY rare. They've looked bad, but mostly in games that they've won.

Anyways, Calgary would need consistent goal tending to stay in first, but definitely have the skill and offense to do it. Sharks on paper probably should win it, but they've shown to be less consistent. That said, Ducks probably will find a way (somehow).

Maybe I was a bit harsh on the AHL bit, but for instance that last game vs the stars I thought they looked flat and really uninspired, not at all like a contender or a division winning team.

I do actually like the Flames and watch a bunch of their games being on the west coast, I don't have the general hatred for AB teams most from BC seem to have - this is the best Flames team I've seen in years and I am confident they will make at least the 2nd round.

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
Maybe I was a bit harsh on the AHL bit, but for instance that last game vs the stars I thought they looked flat and really uninspired, not at all like a contender or a division winning team.

You mean that 3rd game in 4 nights they played that was the second stint of 3 games in 4 nights in a 12 day period? Yeah I'm not sure why they looked flat.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
You mean that 3rd game in 4 nights they played that was the second stint of 3 games in 4 nights in a 12 day period? Yeah I'm not sure why they looked flat.

So salty - I've been pretty complimentary to the flames here in general and was asked to provide an example so I did - think you need to relax bud.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It would be nice to see Anaheim a little healthier, but for now I think Calgary is better, and San Jose should be.

A healthier Anaheim who are (optimistic here) playing better could be tops in the Pacific, but based on their current play I don’t see it.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The Sharks as it seems Karlsson is playing like Karlsson and they have a collection of proven performers at forward. Calgary will make it close. I think Edmonton should grab at least a wildcard if not #3 but they will be close with Vegas probably.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Vegas Golden Knights.

Flames is a bubble team, will miss the play-offs, Ducks are playing way better what i expected, i project them to fall,
Sharks will improve its game and finish second, Canucks will challenge and will take the 3rd spot.

Vegas Golden Knights
San Jose Sharks
Vancouver Canucks
Edmonton Oilers
Calgary Flames
Anaheim Ducks
Los Angeles Kings
Arizona Coyotes

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Vegas Golden Knights.

Flames is a bubble team, will miss the play-offs, Ducks are playing way better what i expected, i project them to fall,
Sharks will improve its game and finish second, Canucks will challenge and will take the 3rd spot.

Vegas Golden Knights
San Jose Sharks
Vancouver Canucks
Edmonton Oilers
Calgary Flames
Anaheim Ducks
Los Angeles Kings
Arizona Coyotes
:laugh::laugh: thanks for the laughs

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Vegas Golden Knights.

Vegas Golden Knights
San Jose Sharks
Vancouver Canucks
Edmonton Oilers
Calgary Flames
Anaheim Ducks
Los Angeles Kings
Arizona Coyotes

Can’t tell if it’s intentional trolling or major incompetence

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

That was a game where

- they were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, teams usually look flat in those scenarios, arguably even more often than in back-to-backs.
- they were missing Bennett, Frolik, Neal against a Stars team with some serious size. Putting a smaller guy like Czarnik in Bennett's place on their shutdown line obviously didn't favour them. Czarnik is flatout undersized for that role against averaged size teams, never mind a big team with bodies like Benn, Radulov, Nichushkin, Gurianov, and Faksa thrown at him. Peters should have put Quine or Jankowski on that line instead.
- they were hot off a 7-2 blowout win, the Stars obviously didn't want that happening to them and showed up ready to play their best shutdown hockey. That was a well-prepared Stars team that took it to Calgary and made them look bad.
- they were up against a Stars team that is an excellent 11-4-1 at home. Stars may be awful on the road but they're one of the best home teams.

The missing Bennett part is especially significant. He's one of our best puck carriers, forecheckers, two-way players, defensive zone passers, penalty drawers, chance generators, and is our best hitter. The Flames may be cursed when he's on the ice but he creates all kinds of momentum for the next line to take advantage of.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Vegas Golden Knights.

Vegas Golden Knights
San Jose Sharks
Vancouver Canucks
Edmonton Oilers
Calgary Flames
Anaheim Ducks
Los Angeles Kings
Arizona Coyotes
Seriously??? :facepalm: :pb:

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
Calgary because the goaltending has tremendously improved since the beginning of the season and we all know they can score with the best of them.

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
It’s between Calgary and San Jose for me! I’m just glad it won’t be Edmonton. I despise that organization. As a canucks fan, I’m okay with Calgary doing well as they’ve been my second favourite team since their 03-04 cup run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad