GDT: At St. Louis on election day

What will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Yeah none of this is on coaching. Not showing up in the 1st period in any game since the first 5.
That's all the coaching staff has though- motivation and accountability and rah rah rah. And they're not doing that successfully either. If your whole philosophy is "strategy is overrated let's just outhustle everybody we play against" you better have your guys bring that hustle

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Can we fight O'Reilly?
No one on this team has the balls except for Ferland, but he's turned into a perimeter guy trying to play a skilled game in preservation and preparation of hitting UFA in the offseason. Maybe Williams too, but he's a grandpa who's looking done more every game.

So we're still the same neutered Canes we've always been.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I think its a little bit on the coach to put out Williams, Wallmark, Staal, Slavin on the 1st PP unit with the 29th rated PP and it get no shots.

This team was controlling the play and, frankly, winning the game until the turnover leading to the first goal. After that, it all went to shit.

So that tells me they're fragile (which isn't surprising, considering the losing streak, the number of young players on the team, and the team's general history). They don't handle adversity well. That's something that the coaching staff will need to address.

But they're down because of player mistakes, not anything the coaching staff can control.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
So say at the end of the year, Ferland walks, Fox decides he doesn't want to play here, and Lindholm puts up 70 points. Still glad to have gotten rid of Francis for not doing anything? I mean, actively making the team worse is at least something, right.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So say at the end of the year, Ferland walks, Fox decides he doesn't want to play here, and Lindholm puts up 70 points. Still glad to have gotten rid of Francis for not doing anything? I mean, actively making the team worse is at least something, right.

The problem is that they weren't going anywhere with him standing pat either. Damned if you do/dont

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Pesce's job is obviously to protect the center of the ice. Stay inside the dots. That's basic pee wee hockey shit right there.

So why does he chase a guy out on the wing for no reason? Because he doesn't trust other guys to do their jobs, plain and simple.

Is that coaching? Well... it's not *not* coaching. Mostly, it's just a lack of confidence in one another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad