GDT: At least we're not... @Oilers, 9:30pm

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Really? It looks like a junior player trying a move on a pro player. Necas has one hand on his stick on an exposed move to the backhand that leaves his whole core available, Marchment pivots to his right and makes no move to stick his leg out. The contact is lined up core on core, maybe the knee makes contact but Necas left himself available for that when he forced a move to the middle against a guy who wasnt just gonna give it up.

He dragged his far leg enough to be sure he made contact. Look how far apart his legs are.

That said if his name wasn’t Marchment I probably wouldn’t have immediately gone there.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Ferland-Wallmark-Teravainen
Niederreiter-Aho-Williams
Svechnikov-Martinook-Maenalanen
Foegele-McKegg-McGinn

Are Rod and Wallmark work out buddies are something? Enough with him being given all these opportunities to be a top 6 guy. He’s a 4th liner Rod. Enough already.
Looks to me like trying to have good 2-way responsibility on every line to guard against Edmonton having first change.

And also a shake up from two terrible f***ing efforts.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
So you’d prefer Martinook or McKegg in a top 6 role?
Yep and that's our problem. We desperately need another quality C. Add back Staal for shutdown role and it'd be slowing coming together.

For playmaking ability I'd like to see Kegger, but on the #1/2 it could get ugly through neutral into the defensive end, especially those 7-10 shifts he's caught against McDavid's line

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Nino Niederreiter
by
Matt Karash | Jan 20, 2019 | Morning Skate
Facebook0TwitterReddit
Niederreiter picked (though it was not his choice) a rough first game as a Carolina Hurricanes player. But despite the train wreck of a first game for his new team, he made a decent first impression. One only needs to watch him for a period or two to see that the physical skill set is there. He is a big body but with decent skating ability and straight line speed and good enough hands and puck skills. The key is converting it all to scoring production. He seems to be right on the fence between being a top 6 scoring forward versus dipping a bit and being more of a rugged third-liner who provides only depth scoring. So as his tenure with the Canes continues I will be watching to see if Niederreiter can find chemistry with line mates, fit into the Canes system and produce. That continues on Sunday night in Edmonton.
‘What I’m Watching’ — Gm48 @Edm: Canes seek to salvage something from tough week versus the Oilers | Canes & Coffee

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
So you’d prefer Martinook or McKegg in a top 6 role?

Ya I probably would actually. Obviously I, like all of you do, want a true 2C, but might as well give McKegg or Martinook or one of the AHL guys a true offensive role over Wallmark who’s shown the same amount of skills and finish as a young Drayson Bowman.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad