Post-Game Talk: At least we weren't shutout, I guess - Habs lose 2-1 to New Jersey

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We only gave up two goals last night. The defense wasn't the problem...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No way man. This is OUR year.

Should have traded everything for Johansson and Nyquist.

But this is our year. It really is. For the first time in the last 30 years we have a bunch of over performing vets while we are in a position to rebuild. Every time we were in this position our vets were crapping the bed and not worth anything.

MB is in a really really really good position if he's willing to sell this summer. Petry can easily return a first or a 2nd and a good prospect imo. I don't know what Byron and Tatar are worth with their contract but probably a 3rd. Maybe a late 2nd for Byron. As much as we hate Shaw he has a reputation and he is the type of player a lot of GMs love. If he finish the year healthy the way he is producing he might return a 2nd.

We are in a position to acquire picks and kids for over performing vets. Something that never happened in the last 30 years. This said don't hold your breath MB will stand pat again and hope for the best.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The franchise is turning around and it's bright around the corner thanks to Bergevin. His trades and drafts lately have been very good.
We are playing hard and pretty well up to our potential this year. As the kids come up and the current crop develops we got something finally.
He burns the house down and gets praise for trying to rebuild it

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

David25

Nov 22, 2016
Its funny that a game against DET is monumentally important and Price will have to play a back to back but then we have another back to back Fri to lead into a MAJOR BIG game against PIT . So Price could play 2 Back to Backs in a week if we were to lose to DET or start falling down
Pens are short letang, Dumoulin, and matta. They’re also having goaltending problems. I truly believe if we play hard like we were before, we can grab 6 points here.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Niemi goes full Pejorative Slur tonight, 6-1 Detroit.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
Same old crap: lack of firepower. Instead of tweaking the 4th line as usual, our useless GM should have gone out and picked up a rental goalscorer. Not a high ticket item like Simmonds mind you, because we are not a contender and giving up blue chip prospects and 1st round picks doesn't make sense, but would it have been all that hard to pry Mike Hoffman out of Florida? This team has too many guys who have a 'good two way game' in the eyes of the GM/coach, but can't bury pucks, and it bites them in the ass far too often in games like the one last night. Example: Lehkonen. I am beyond frustrated watching this bunch.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
Telling you - we're gonna finish 9th. City's gonna be depressed. Literally the worst possible result. Can't wait.

My gut tells me that this is going to happen also: I can't see us out-pointing Pittsburgh and Carolina.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The team isn't good, but it isn't a mess either. It can be fixed by unloading a top 6 for defensive help.

We'd be in a much better position today had we not made the Drouin/Sergachev trade, and dare I say...the Subban trade

Tatar - Domi - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Shaw
XXX - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Lehkonen - Thompson - Weal

Mete - Subban
Sergachev - Petry
Rielly - Kulak
Juulsen

Price

Sure our forwards don't look good, but that defense will generate a lot of offense. Plus the addition of hopefully Poehling would help and maybe allow us to shift Domi to the LW
That line up goes nowhere even if it makes the play offs.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
Pittsburgh has a lot of injuries and we have a pretty weak schedule coming up.

On the off-chance that we somehow manage to squeak it out over Pittsburgh, it gets us a 1st round sweep at the hands of Tbay. If you can't claim 7th place, you might as well not make it at all.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
On the off-chance that we somehow manage to squeak it out over Pittsburgh, it gets us a 1st round sweep at the hands of Tbay. If you can't claim 7th place, you might as well not make it at all.

I hear ya, I'm more anxious that we will make it. Every point we get from here on out is just hurting our draft pick.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I hear ya, I'm more anxious that we will make it. Every point we get from here on out is just hurting our draft pick.
I seriously doubt they make the playoffs. Their strength was the surprising strong toad record but that is now drying up. I expect another loss tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad