Post-Game Talk: At least we got a point

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
That seems reasonable. That translates to 15-1?

15 to 1 odds
This means that out of 16 possible outcomes, odds are that there will be 15 of one kind of outcome and 1 of another kind of outcome.

For every 16, odds are that 15 will be a particular event and 1 will be another event.

15 to 1 probability
There is a 93.75 percent probability of a particular outcome and 6.25 percent probability of another outcome.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
After week 1, the Leafs have played the best amongst the playoff contending teams in the Atlantic. Florida has more points, but the they haven’t looked great doing it, Tampa was still drunk last week and have just now reached the hangover stage, and Boston didn’t get the memo that the season started last week.

Montreal - hahahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurtz and Lauro

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
15 to 1 is 15 to 1. If you don't agree with the word massive, feel free to pick your own adjective.

If you're betting on them making the playoffs, it's the other way around - bet $150 to win $10.

I only looked at the Leafs odds so I don't know about Tampa. I imagine their chances of making the playoffs would be listed as being a bit better then ours.
Not disputing anything I think it may be backwards. If it’s 15-1 I’d want in on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nineteen67

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Ot disputing anything I think it may be backwards. If it’s 15-1 I’d want in on that.

Backwards? This is what I said in my original post:

we're about 15-1 betting favourites to make it,

Not sure how I can make it any more clear than that.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Backwards? This is what I said in my original post:

we're about 15-1 betting favourites to make it,

Not sure how I can make it any more clear than that.
Yes, lay a dollar, win 15.
Seems generous, that's why I was asking.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yes, lay a dollar, win 15.
Seems generous, that's why I was asking.

15 to 1 betting favourites doesn't mean lay a dollar, win 15. Maybe google gambling terminology or something if you want to learn but if something seems overly generous, common sense should tell you that perhaps there's something somewhere that you're not understanding correctly.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Some so called fans more resemble a leafs death cult. They wont be happy until they show how superior they are with their doom and gloom prophesies. I believe there are a number of posters here that are actually wishing for the Leafs to lose.
And it's all the under the facade of "being an objective fan". The gaslighting is unreal.

Reactions: Notsince67

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I would be surprised if we weren't in the top 3 for the Atlantic.
Well like I said hope and prayer is not something i believe really works but i still do it now and again .. I hope we make it but I expect we will finish behind Boston, Florida and Tampa and fight for 1 of 2 wildcards

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
15 to 1 betting favourites doesn't mean lay a dollar, win 15. Maybe google gambling terminology or something if you want to learn but if something seems overly generous, common sense should tell you that perhaps there's something somewhere that you're not understanding correctly.
:laugh: ok

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
For those interested, I think this site's pretty decent. It shows the Leafs as having the 2nd best chance to win their division and being tied with Boston for the 2nd best odds to win the East. Also tied with Carolina as having the 4th best chance of winning the cup behind the usual suspects (COL, TB and LV).

NHL Futures - Hockey Futures & Betting Lines | Odds Shark

There's also a short primer there to explain what numbers like +600 means for those having trouble understanding what the numbers mean.

Reactions: Kurtz

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
if you don’t see the leafs making the playoffs this year do you think there will be turnover next season in the big 4 or management?
I thought it would occur this summer TBH .. but clearly Larry has given Shanny more leash .. no team can win with 4 FORWARDS making half of CAP .. it needs to be a MIX of a tender, a stud D and 2 C's .. wingers are a dime a dozen in hockey always have been always will be .. there needs to be a team reconstruction change .. to me I would keep Matty and Willy as my 2 C's and trade JT and Mitch for a stud D and G and some 1st rounders 2022 .. or JT gets a rebound concussion and out for year on LTIR and back for playoffs

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I thought it would occur this summer TBH .. but clearly Larry has given Shanny more leash .. no team can win with 4 FORWARDS making half of CAP .. it needs to be a MIX of a tender, a stud D and 2 C's .. wingers are a dime a dozen in hockey always have been always will be .. there needs to be a team reconstruction change .. to me I would keep Matty and Willy as my 2 C's and trade JT and Mitch for a stud D and G and some 1st rounders 2022 .. or JT gets a rebound concussion and out for year on LTIR and back for playoffs

Call Dubious immediately, you're really on to something here, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to find a GM somewhere in the league willing to help the Leafs in their quest for a cup. Lol

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Call Dubious immediately, you're really on to something here, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to find a GM somewhere in the league willing to help the Leafs in their quest for a cup. Lol
I would not waste my time calling Dubie .. I gave him some time to fix things but clearly he does not want to .. this is life live by da sword die by da sword .. and Dubie will end up dying .. but I think shanny will likely do same .. but who knows sometimes people change over time a bit

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

.and yet you've got Kucherov leading Tampa in cap hit, and scoring in the playoffs... without him, they don't get anywhere the last two years. Ovechkin, Kane, Williams have won the Conn Smyth in recent years as wingers. I doubt anyone would call Kuch, Ovechkin, Kane dime a dozen players.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
For those interested, I think this site's pretty decent. It shows the Leafs as having the 2nd best chance to win their division and being tied with Boston for the 2nd best odds to win the East. Also tied with Carolina as having the 4th best chance of winning the cup behind the usual suspects (COL, TB and LV).

NHL Futures - Hockey Futures & Betting Lines | Odds Shark

There's also a short primer there to explain what numbers like +600 means for those having trouble understanding what the numbers mean.

have the odds been updated to account for Kucherov being out for a little bit?

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I thought it would occur this summer TBH .. but clearly Larry has given Shanny more leash .. no team can win with 4 FORWARDS making half of CAP .. it needs to be a MIX of a tender, a stud D and 2 C's .. wingers are a dime a dozen in hockey always have been always will be .. there needs to be a team reconstruction change .. to me I would keep Matty and Willy as my 2 C's and trade JT and Mitch for a stud D and G and some 1st rounders 2022 .. or JT gets a rebound concussion and out for year on LTIR nd back for playoffs

They’ve never used Willy as a center unless they need to and I think it’s a little crazy to try him as a our second line center now. Willy is a winger now and the time to try him at center has passed. Just my opinion.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
.and yet you've got Kucherov leading Tampa in cap hit, and scoring in the playoffs... without him, they don't get anywhere the last two years. Ovechkin, Kane, Williams have won the Conn Smyth in recent years as wingers. I doubt anyone would call Kuch, Ovechkin, Kane dime a dozen players.
You need a shooter as a 5th wheel to help get goals .. there is room on any team for 1 Bossy, Lafleur, Kessel, Kane etc .. and guys who can score get paid .. but as Kawhi always says board men get paid (it takes right core to win)

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
They’ve never used Willy as a center unless they need to and I think it’s a little crazy to try him as a our second line center now. Willy is a winger now and the time to try him at center has passed. Just my opinion.
He is still a kid and there was a time in hockey where guys would play wing to learn pro game and then move to C with experience .. I see Willy developing massively year over year .. he has been our best player every single game this season ..

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Jared McCann at center would have actually been really cool.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad