Post-Game Talk: At least we got a point

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I looked it up a few days ago and that's what it was. Lines vary a bit from site to site but in any case, they're massive favourites to make the playoffs and the fact that a Leaf fan doesn't expect them to make it is a little bit sad.
Gambling odds are based on money wagered, more than true likelihood of an event.

Reactions: ACC1224

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Gambling odds are based on money wagered, more than true likelihood of an event.

Yeah yeah, people love to say this as if it's some gigantic revelation but the truth is that public perception and true likelihood are very close. The Leafs are huge favourites to make the playoffs, just like the oddsmakers say they are. GLG!

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Yeah yeah, people love to say this as if it's some gigantic revelation but the truth is that public perception and true likelihood are very close. The Leafs are huge favourites to make the playoffs, just like the oddsmakers say they are. GLG!

Of course they are. If a line is that far off, its going to be relentlessly bet by sharps until it's properly adjusted.

Also the funny part is after last year Leafa fans are much more pessimistic about the team than the market. The notion that they would juice the lines because there are so many homer Leafs fans is funny given the mood of the fambase. I actually ended up betting the over on the Leafs season point total at plus money because all the models I saw were higher on us than the market.

Last edited:

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
The power of masses can have a huge effect.
Look at the stock market and a lot of the recent events where lots of smaller retail investors are having large effects on stock prices that is out of control of "smart" money.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
The stock market sends out coded signals on a daily basis..

It portends to a global crash, where, unlike 1929, women might actually sell babies.

When does it happen..

Haven't intercepted the crop circle yet.

911 was announced in the movie the matrix..

flash crash of 2015 in same fashion, in the movie lucy

giphy.gif

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
He is a pure filler player .. does not hep .. does not really hurt you bad .. every guy on a hockey team has to bring unique skills to further best interests of team .. he really does not have any
Let me get this straight, Kase is pure filler that doesn't help your team, but swapping him out for *checks notes* Mike Amadio is a positive. Mike Amadio has unique skills that further the team's best interests? Bruh..

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Let me get this straight, Kase is pure filler that doesn't help your team, but swapping him out for *checks notes* Mike Amadio is a positive. Mike Amadio has unique skills that further the team's best interests? Bruh..
Mike can both hit and score (as he has a much better shot) .. Kase is a skater boy who fills time on ice but achieves little

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
Mike can both hit and score (as he has a much better shot) .. Kase is a skater boy who fills time on ice but achieves little
One of these players has a 20 goal season at the NHL level, and it's not Amadio. Amadio also has 57 hits on 168 games. He skates about as well as Nick Ritchie too.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Just so you peeps know, Sheltering just put on another clinic against the Predators, lots of good chances and he just brushed them aside, no fat rebounds, two posts and only 1GA

So just maybe it won't the Leafs "making another Vezina goalie."

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Just so you peeps know, Sheltering just put on another clinic against the Predators, lots of good chances and he just brushed them aside, no fat rebounds, two posts and only 1GA

Yeah, Shesterkin is the real deal - he's got some Vezinas in his future. Rags will be a good team this year - likely a playoff team.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
One of these players has a 20 goal season at the NHL level, and it's not Amadio. Amadio also has 57 hits on 168 games. He skates about as well as Nick Ritchie too.
Yes his skating has held him back even with North Bay .. I think Stan told me it may be da issue that stops him from becoming a decent NHLer .. listen neither of these guys will likely be with team by year end .. I will take another look at Kase as only have seen him play in Leaf games so far this season and maybe he has has a tentative start due to past injuries .. that could very well be a strong possibility

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

Is Marner now playing for the preds?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad