Post-Game Talk: At least they tried.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Really thought knowing they were in a rebuild, a bad team with a couple of good young players with no expectation that people would not be whining over everything and every loss but i was wrong.

:scared:
Big Deal. Whining another term that gets thrown out there with no context. The manner in which they lost concerned some. Your posts are much more enjoyable when you concentrate on hockey and not what other posters are saying or doing. Sure it's a rebuild and sure shit is going to happen but decision making and execution must be commented on or this board serves NO PURPOSE. Congrats to everyone who stayed up for that are in order.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
The worst part for me was the point we ended up getting. :sarcasm: The perfect example of what a loser point looks like warts and all.
The game with the Oilers and the Canucks, both, Kovacevic played an important part in those losses, the late goal when he fell in the late second period against the Oilers and a penalty with one minute left in the game with the Canucks.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Big Deal. Whining another term that gets thrown out there with no context. The manner in which they lost concerned some. Your posts are much more enjoyable when you concentrate on hockey and not what other posters are saying or doing. Sure it's a rebuild and sure shit is going to happen but decision making and execution must be commented on or this board serves NO PURPOSE. Congrats to everyone who stayed up for that are in order.

Yes.

But some seems to search little things just to bash every decisions St-Louis makes. Everyone knew it wasn’t going to be a perfect season.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Habs have allowed 46 goals in their last 11 games. Me thinks we won't stay close to ,500 for very long.

At the end of January, we have a back-to-back vs Ottawa and until then we have 24 games in which only 3 will be against teams that will not battle for the playoffs (Pho, Ana, Ott) with St-Louis being the only in-between. So 20 teams out of the 24 will be teams battling for the playoffs.

My guess is we'll be minimum -5 in win differential before that double-header vs ottawa at the end of january.
As long as Tkachuk answers to Xhekaj and takes his beating like a man. Or he can turtle that would be funny. Hoping for 2 losses.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yes.

But some seems to search little things just to bash every decisions St-Louis makes. Everyone knew it wasn’t going to be a perfect season.
Marty didn't have a strong game. But the reality is our lack of depth reared its ugly head when Savard couldn't go and Monahan left the game. Like I said after Edmonton onwards and downwards.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Yup 6-5 but the letdown was somewhat worth it seeing Leafs Nation celebrate in the streets that night just to see them crying the next day when that random New York Islanders goalie stole the game against the New Jersey Devils.

Don Cherry was complaining that the Devils should play Brodeur since it was an important game for Leafs Nation.:laugh:

A rusty Huet over Halak is still a decision that surprises me. Especially how the game panned out.

Reactions: the

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

Yup 6-5 but the letdown was somewhat worth it seeing Leafs Nation celebrate in the streets that night just to see them crying the next day when that random New York Islanders goalie stole the game against the New Jersey Devils.

Don Cherry was complaining that the Devils should play Brodeur since it was an important game for Leafs Nation.:laugh:

So surprising what happened with Higgins. I was absolutely positive he was going to be a mainstay for a longtime on our habs. He had all the tools and was great that season.

Reactions: donghabs98 and the

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
So surprising what happened with Higgins. I was absolutely positive he was going to be a mainstay for a longtime on our habs. He had all the tools and was great that season.
You can say that about a few guys from the 07-08 team as well. Higgins/AK/SK were all players I thought would be core pegs with our forward group.

In hindsight, we should have packaged them for higher end talent.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
To everyone having a conniption over this game, I suggest you tune out the rest of the year, this is just the beginning. For everyone’s sake including your own health lol

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
A rusty Huet over Halak is still a decision that surprises me. Especially how the game panned out.
If you take the NHL totals of both, the stats of both are very close, except price played a bit more games.

Halak

Price

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The defensive play and goalies is what is letting them down of late IMO. But alas I knew this would happen sooner or later, so much youth on the backend and overall.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Our goalies are simply coming back down to earth.

People need to pull the brakes here. It's a shit defense and overall shit team with underperforming vets and a whole bunch of people in roles too big for their present level or just too big for some. And to top it off, a green coach with a ton of problems and dilemas to deal with. Loads of youth that comes with loads of growing pain to boot.

Let one last full tank settle in, I'm pretty sure we'll see constant improvements from year to year and next year will quite probably be better still.
Never said, our goalies weren't trash............they are. The team going out to a 4 goal lead half way through the game needs a save now and then.
Monty let 7 goals in the back half of the game.....................saw the hilights, the OT goal was especiially bad.
Everyone knows the goalies are bad, but when you score SIX goals, let;s be fair to the team out front including the D.................

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Again at age 31 and not 35. There's a big difference between Petry at 34 going into his age 35 season signed for 3 more years at 6.25M after a down year and Chiarot at age 31
We said the exact the same thing about the exact same age difference between Subban and Weber after the trade, and they ended up retiring in the same year and Weber being better in the final years.

JT3

May 27, 2013
Everybody here has been begging for the tank and were mad that we were in no mans land, no we're starting to suck and everybody's losing their minds. Never change HF Habs. :laugh:

Reactions: morhilane

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
We said the exact the same thing about the exact same age difference between Subban and Weber after the trade, and they ended up retiring in the same year and Weber being better in the final years.
Sure, you don't need to convince me that Petry is a better investment than Chiarot - I agree completely.

My point is that NHL GMs don't see it that way for a lot of reasons, and even if I think most of the reasons are stupid, it's the reality of where the trade market was.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad