Prospect Info: At 16th Overall the Rangers Select Brennan Othmann

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Call me noodles, but I'm for letting Training Camp dictate who makes the team and who doesn't.

Yeah, I don't think there's any indication whether he's AHL-bound or NHL-bound. I can make a case for both scenarios, but wouldn't put money on either.

I don't believe in the "AHL is a must" philosophy. If you're good enough, you stick with the team. It's more common than some might think.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
There was an age gap. IIRC Miller made his Debut in his D+2.

But prob Miller even though his OHL production wasn’t great. Is/was way more of a facilitator.

I think the fact was Miller can play all 3 forward positions although we also heard that with Andersson lol

Cuylle can play all three forward positons. He has taken faceoffs in the past in juniors. I wonder if the Rangers would move him to center ice in the future. Has Cuylle taken any faceoffs in Hartford. Othmann I don’t believe has ever played center or taken faceoffs but does play both wings which helps the RW lack of depth here.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I have a question, any chance Othmann will change his number when he makes the Rangers? What is the reason that he picked 78? I know he has a story but can't remember. Didn't it have to do with Tkachuk? Othmann might be my next hockey jersey.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I have a question, any chance Othmann will change his number when he makes the Rangers? What is the reason that he picked 78? I know he has a story but can't remember. Didn't it have to do with Tkachuk? Othmann might be my next hockey jersey.

he wanted 87 for Crosby (eugh), but his team didn't allow players to wear jersey numbers of famous players. so he reversed it

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
he wanted 87 for Crosby (eugh), but his team didn't allow players to wear jersey numbers of famous players. so he reversed it

Yet he does not play like Crosby at all and does not play center. Doesn’t most teams who have a favorite player usually that type of player and or play that position. Glad he is more like Tkachuk

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hartford's uniforms have always been AWFUL. Although from what i've seen, very few AHL teams have good ones.
Yeah the AHL is like minor league baseball, where things are more "zany" and "fun." They are so reliant on gates and getting people in the arena, particularly families with kids. It trickles down into the logos and even team names and all that. There isn't much "traditional" and it's all just stuff that looks like it belongs in roller derby.

Hartford's sweaters are usually pretty middle of the pack for AHL stuff.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Players on the board last night:

Brody Lamb: 2 goals
Brennan Othmann: 2 goals
Vittorio Mancini: 2 assists
Dylan Roobroeck: 2 assists
Ty Henricks: 1 goal
Kalle Väisänen: 1 goal
Jaroslav Chmelař: 1 goal
Drew Fortescue: 1 goal

Not a bad night.
What do you think of Drew Fortescue? I know its only 2 games but I'd like to see Perrault make this list next time.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Hartford's uniforms have always been AWFUL. Although from what i've seen, very few AHL teams have good ones.
The red NYR like jersey is my favorite and I wish NYR adopted those colors as a 3rd.
Action-Shot-for-Weekly-03-05-18-aca47ee14f.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad