Astros cheated their way to World Series

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Not surprising, every team does this to a degree. Farquar knew what was up too.

Also this is pretty damning....

HOU 2017 playoff record
Home: 8-1
Road: 3-6

Reactions: irunthepeg

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Always thought the Astros were an extremely likeable team and have been a playoff bandwagon fan for the last 3 years.

This absolutely boils my blood though. Especially when you hear Fiers talk about players losing jobs and Farquhar talk about such specific instances.

No way they lose their WS title, but punishment could be severe.

Sep 19, 2008
Always thought the Astros were an extremely likeable team and have been a playoff bandwagon fan for the last 3 years.

This absolutely boils my blood though. Especially when you hear Fiers talk about players losing jobs and Farquhar talk about such specific instances.

No way they lose their WS title, but punishment could be severe.
Exactly before this season I had no issue with them. Now the dirt is starting to appear. They weren't as pristine as everyone thought they was.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The most hilarious thing is they couldn't win a single game at home during the World Series this year. Had like the 4th best home record in like 55+ years. What a choke. Guess their cameras weren't working these past two years at the Juice Box.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm amazed they haven't come up with something else besides "don't steal signs" in this day and age.

Because stealing signs in and of itself isn't against the rules, but the norm has usually been that those involved should be limited to the players on the field (as in a runner on second).

Then again, arguably the most famous single play in baseball history might have very well only happened because of similar cheating:

Shot Heard 'Round the World (baseball) - Wikipedia

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Because stealing signs in and of itself isn't against the rules, but the norm has usually been that those involved should be limited to the players on the field (as in a runner on second).

Then again, arguably the most famous single play in baseball history might have very well only happened because of similar cheating:

Shot Heard 'Round the World (baseball) - Wikipedia

I get that, but they should decide one way or another.

If it's bad to steal signs, then replace signs with a two way earpiece or something.

If it's not illegal to steal signs, then stop complaining about it.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Jomboy just had a nice breakdown on a game against the White Sox. Lmao it was so blatant with the sound of the banging on the wall after each changeup thrown. Can't wait to see how Duke33 will spin this. "Everyone cheats."
You had a player that threw a spitball in '86. Hypocrite!

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
such a hateable organization. their bandwagon ride could not be over soon enough

awaiting that angry asstros fan to come in here and defend all this while making a remark about "fiers being salty because he plays for the A's" or some BS like that

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
You guys really think other teams don't do this as well? Teams will try any advantage they can that's why catchers throw multiple signs up nothing new here.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
shameful when they won the world series I supported them they were likeable and finally a team who had been bad for ages woon.. it was a cool story.. but theyt have turned into one of the most hated teams in baseball right next to the yankees and dodgers.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
This is like a-rod taking roads. You’re already great why do you gotta go cheat and ruin your credibility. That 2017 roster was really good and could’ve won without doing this but now you leave the door open to people questioning your legitimacy.

I’m guessing they will lose draft picks and get a very hefty fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad