asst. coach Morris leaves

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Can this offseason get any worse? No roster moves/signings of any significance, boring draft (at least the Sabres/Oilers section I was sitting in got to cheer) and now the one coach who actually was helping make Kulikov play decent is gone, wouldn't have cared if it was Mike Kelly leaving. Good luck to Mark Morris

Ryankeelan

Jul 3, 2015
Can this offseason get any worse? No roster moves/signings of any significance, boring draft (at least the Sabres/Oilers section I was sitting in got to cheer) and now the one coach who actually was helping make Kulikov play decent is gone, wouldn't have cared if it was Mike Kelly leaving. Good luck to Mark Morris

just because the offseason is "boring" doesn't mean it is a bad offseason

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
just because the offseason is "boring" doesn't mean it is a bad offseason
Yes you are right. Boring should be reserved for a team like Tampa Bay, who has every right to stand pat with the current roster that got them to the Finals. A team like the Panthers however, who failed to even make the playoffs, should be actively trying to make upgrades. Still hoping we sign somebody good that's still left on the market.

Ryankeelan

Jul 3, 2015
Yes you are right. Boring should be reserved for a team like Tampa Bay, who has every right to stand pat with the current roster that got them to the Finals. A team like the Panthers however, who failed to even make the playoffs, should be actively trying to make upgrades. Still hoping we sign somebody good that's still left on the market.

not a great market out there. dale traded to make an improvement and we will see what lawson can do. not worth it overpaying an average free agent

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh

We already have one Bolland. We don't need two more, that will be candidates for a buy out, in the future. BTW. The off season is barely a week old. You're just upset nothing was done at the draft or on July 1st.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
We already have one Bolland. We don't need two more, that will be candidates for a buy out, in the future. BTW. The off season is barely a week old. You're just upset nothing was done at the draft or on July 1st.
I was more upset at the Trade Deadline, since we didn't add more firepower to go along with Jagr for our playoff push. Most here thought it was better we wait and make our splash on Draft Day in front of all our fans and with teams lowering asking prices on trades, compared to the TDL.

Just seems like Tallon isn't accomplishing much, couldn't land the goalie he wanted (Talbot), couldn't get a deal done with Hayes and couldn't get more back from a division rival for eating up Savard's contract. Yeah Tallon says they wouldn't have done the deal otherwise, but maybe Sweeney pulled a fast one, especially signing Beleskey right away.

Isn't Year 5 of the Blueprint supposed to be when we take the big step toward making the post-season, instead of worrying about drafting more prospects? We have trouble as it is keeping them (Knight, Shore, Donskoi, Hyman) all.

Any word on who is going to replace Morris?

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Allowing some of the free agents to walk that have walked is a bonus as it is. Allows room for some kids to step up, and it's not yet a full week into FA. For cryin.

Thank God he hasn't overpaid for anyone. Including at the deadline. How quickly we forget how damaged Atlanta was when they tried to go all in just for a playoff run. Be wise, don't go all in and not go deep, just to end up hurting yourselves in the long run.

And sorry, but who of those prospects really project to make a big impact?

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Allowing some of the free agents to walk that have walked is a bonus as it is. Allows room for some kids to step up, and it's not yet a full week into FA. For cryin.

Thank God he hasn't overpaid for anyone. Including at the deadline. How quickly we forget how damaged Atlanta was when they tried to go all in just for a playoff run. Be wise, don't go all in and not go deep, just to end up hurting yourselves in the long run.

And sorry, but who of those prospects really project to make a big impact?

This is DT's roster. I'm rooting hard for its success. Give it about 60-65 chance of making Playoffs.

As huge a fan I am of DT, and I am, if we miss again I am afraid hes done. 6yrs is a lifetime in a results oriented biz.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
This is DT's roster. I'm rooting hard for its success. Give it about 60-65 chance of making Playoffs.

As huge a fan I am of DT, and I am, if we miss again I am afraid hes done. 6yrs is a lifetime in a results oriented biz.
Yeah its tough to make a case for DT, if the only thing he's done in his 6yr tenure is one fluke playoff appearance and 2 #1 overall picks.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Yeah its tough to make a case for DT, if the only thing he's done in his 6yr tenure is one fluke playoff appearance and 2 #1 overall picks.

Only thing is I'm afraid of what another GM would do to this team. Dale Tallon wants to do it right and not make any knee-jerk reactions to make the playoffs. Does another GM come in and mortgage the talented youth we have to get to the playoffs immediately?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad