Assistant coaches - who is responsible for what on the ice?

Canadiens93

May 6, 2010
other than changing lines we have no idea what they're responsible for, especially systematically.
Personally I like J.J for the simple fact that he seems like a players coach, from what I've seen anyway. This team
lost that big time when Gerard Gallant left.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Previously getting Larry Robinson as defense coach and getting Muller back this offseason to help again with the PP would've been awesome.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No one knows for real? Why isn't anybody in the media asking questions?

The PP is painful and has been all season, and statistically our 5-on-5 stats are awful.

No one has asked hard questions for years for fear of being ostracized.
The press conferences couldn't be any more scripted than what is coming out of The White House.
It should be evident to all that a very large portion of the nonsense we read on this board has it's origins in some Pejorative Slured media theory.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
the only one i know for sure is JJ and imo he sucks huge, huge balls

I've been calling for his head for over a year now.
I always remember the "snatch the pebble from my hand" scene in Kung Fu when I think of JJ.
Except In his case he never had the pebble and PK is left saying "whatever"...
9 million dollars invested in this guy. Get him a coach he can respect and who can help him to the next level.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
the only one i know for sure is JJ and imo he sucks huge, huge balls

What are you trying to say, he looks like a Chipmunk, Alvin perhaps!:laugh::laugh:

Previously getting Larry Robinson as defense coach and getting Muller back this offseason to help again with the PP would've been awesome.

This would certainly be ideal, if it was actually a possibility, which I don't believe it is.:nod:

No one has asked hard questions for years for fear of being ostracized.
The press conferences couldn't be any more scripted than what is coming out of The White House.
It should be evident to all that a very large portion of the nonsense we read on this board has it's origins in some Pejorative Slured media theory.

Like most huge Corporations, the Habs are part of one of these, that have people teach the proper answers and responses, that will appease their public. Only good business sense to want that in reality, I'm sure some times employees would love to give their "Piece of my Mind" response too.

I've been calling for his head for over a year now.
I always remember the "snatch the pebble from my hand" scene in Kung Fu when I think of JJ.
Except In his case he never had the pebble and PK is left saying "whatever"...
9 million dollars invested in this guy. Get him a coach he can respect and who can help him to the next level.

Ohhhh Grasshoppah! when will you evah leawn! Comes to mind for this poster, comical to say the least. Poor JJD, having that nickname attached to him, even though the Habs are in a tie for 2nd Overall in the NHL. With the same amount of games played with Tampa Bay Lightning, and all of their top picks in their lineup. Stamkos, Drouin & Hedman and those dreaded Russian Factor players, still working hard to make them a threat. Thanks to our Habs for grabbing Scherbak while he was available, last draft.:nod: Contemplating flying down for Tuesday's game against the Blackhawks, should be a worthy game, IMHO.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Welcome Sir and enjoy.
I'm sure we can furnish you with all of the best things in life including a better game than the last one.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Welcome Sir and enjoy.
I'm sure we can furnish you with all of the best things in life including a better game than the last one.

I don't really need the red carpet or the trimmings, not my style. Just a good hard effort is all I expect and the Habs usually provide lots of that every game, you can't win them all, no team ever has.:nod:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
The team is a reflection of the coaching staff.

Bylsma replaces a struggling Therrien and wins a Cup.

Sutter steps in and turns around a struggling Kings team and wins a Cup.

Coaching matters. A lot. Great talent with poor coaching leafs to failure. Good talent with great coaching leads to championships. The Habs are stuck between good and poor right now.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
The team is a reflection of the coaching staff.

Bylsma replaces a struggling Therrien and wins a Cup.

Sutter steps in and turns around a struggling Kings team and wins a Cup.

Coaching matters. A lot. Great talent with poor coaching leafs to failure. Good talent with great coaching leads to championships. The Habs are stuck between good and poor right now.

Beautiful slip of the tongue! :handclap:

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
I don't know who's responsible for what, personally. However, whoever's in charge of the PP is a true disgrace if I ever seen one. Not being able to produce any dangerous scoring chances on a constant basis with the likes of Markov, Subban, Pac, Galchenyuk is a picture of legitimate incompetence.

Bergy, you're smart. Just dump the blind, talentless hack that this ''coaching staff member'' is. Please.

Dj Papa

Oct 30, 2014
At what point can we actually start making the players accountable. It's fine, I understand that the X's and O's are important, but at a certain point, the professional athletes that get payed millions have to make a f**kn play!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
At what point can we actually start making the players accountable. It's fine, I understand that the X's and O's are important, but at a certain point, the professional athletes that get payed millions have to make a f**kn play!

If the system is brutal. You can't make a play expect a bad one

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That's not true. I've seen many interviews where guests are put on the spot, called on their crap, or asked tough questions.

Agreed, but there's nothing we can do about it. The day-to-day operation of a sports team isn't hard news, so there's less imperative to ask hard questions. I don't know the protocol between team and journalists, but there's probably a tacit understanding that journalists shouldn't pretend to be Mike Wallace.

There are exceptions, but journalism is now mostly about advocacy.

Watch Fox News or CNN, it's quite bad.

Yeah, which is why networks are in opposition to each other, instead of their interview subjects.

Dj Papa

Oct 30, 2014
If the system is brutal. You can't make a play expect a bad one

I understand. But I'm sure that the coaches don't have the dumbest system in the world. After all, we have shown that we can compete. Whatever is drawn up in the playbook must have AT LEAST a 50% success rate. The guys have to make a play. Regardless of what the system is. A nice pass to enter the zone or a nice hustle to win a puck battle is all on the players. It's their job to do so.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I understand. But I'm sure that the coaches don't have the dumbest system in the world. After all, we have shown that we can compete. Whatever is drawn up in the playbook must have AT LEAST a 50% success rate. The guys have to make a play. Regardless of what the system is. A nice pass to enter the zone or a nice hustle to win a puck battle is all on the players. It's their job to do so.

No, the D zone system is probably the worst thing I've ever seen conceived. It literally employs every thing on the list of "donts" when teaching kids Defense in hockey

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

We have shown nothing. What is a player supposed to do with the puck when he recieves a pass and he is fifty feet away from any support? The idea of a stretch pass is to break a D not make it easier for them to defend. Chicago use it well but there is a huge difference the supporting players are much tighter to the puck and the recipient has the talent to carry the puck to a quiet zone.
We have Pacioretty and Bork as our main go to guys neither handle the puck very well.
If you've been paying attention We've been saying the same things for a couple of years with MT coached teams. We are lousy on 2-1's we will often bypass the simple outlet pass for a long stretch pass that ends up bad whether it's completed or not. The amount of needless icings puts additional pressure on our D and our goaltender. It is a horrible system and needs to go far far away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad