Ask for a scouting report on any NHL player

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The game is simple.

I'll start by putting the name of a player that I want to know more about. The next person to respond will give me a description of that player, and at the end of their post put a player down that they want a report for. And so forth.

Things you can include in your description:
- At least one strength and weakness
- Role (ex. second line forward, third pair defenseman)
- Upside, and how likely they are to reach it (most applicable to younger players of course)
- How they performed last season relative to expectations
- Any other things that might be important (injury prone, character issues)

Okay.

Ondrej Kase

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Only two replies in and we’re already just spouting names. Not that I have anything to add; I don’t feel as though I am qualified to even provide an adequate run down of any of the players mentioned this far.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
wow this thread blows

none of you are understanding what the op wants you to do

well, the premise makes it hard.

you're relying on the next reply to either luckily know everything about an obscure prospect, or do the research in order to tell you.

I mean, this working depended on everyone leaving the thread alone until someone felt compelled to give a writeup for Ondrej Kase

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
If this thread was done properly according to the rules, it would move slower than molasses. I notice you didn't contribute a scouting report to get the ball rolling either.
i couldn't pick which player to do a scouting report on, as there were too many options

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

Strength: Very good in offensive zone, very good skater and passer.

Weakness: Is a little weak in the defensive zone, can get in trouble sometimes in defensive zone.

His role is a 1st pairing D man that can eat up a lot of minutes and can be used in any situation.

Upside: I think he has reached his upside but he can get more points, I think he can be a regular 50 point D man.

His season this year was ok, he had 42 points this year which can be better and was a -28, which can be a lot better.

From what I heard about OEL, he is a good team mate.

Sean Monahan.

Reactions: Macbanan

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Strength: Very good in offensive zone, very good skater and passer.

Weakness: Is a little weak in the defensive zone, can get in trouble sometimes in defensive zone.

His role is a 1st pairing D man that can eat up a lot of minutes and can be used in any situation.

Upside: I think he has reached his upside but he can get more points, I think he can be a regular 50 point D man.

His season this year was ok, he had 42 points this year which can be better and was a -28, which can be a lot better.

From what I heard about OEL, he is a good team mate.

Sean Monahan.
great shot, clutch player, weak defensively

jt miller

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
well, the premise makes it hard.

you're relying on the next reply to either luckily know everything about an obscure prospect, or do the research in order to tell you.

I mean, this working depended on everyone leaving the thread alone until someone felt compelled to give a writeup for Ondrej Kase
and that has failed, unfortunately

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
and that has failed, unfortunately
Well the better idea is how this thread is going - people post names and then other people can come in the thread, read it and then reply to whichever player they know a lot about... it's a lot more realistic at least.

Reactions: Still Mighty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad