GDT: ASG: Team Foligno vs. Team Toews | 1/25 5PM EST

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Agree.... I can't see any Team Foligno numbers.... the guy who made up those uniforms should be fired...

A now-defunct minor league indoor football team here in Cleveland had similarly illegible numbers. Their play-by-play announcer (who was not that far from the field (he couldn't be, the arena was not that big) couldn't read the numbers particularly well.

I can only imagine what it's like in the nosebleeds of a place like Nationwide.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Holy hell, what a weekend for Joey. That smile hasn't left his face for 1 second :laugh: So awesome to see him and Foligno have a blast.

That was so fun to watch. The record for combined goals ( 26 ) was actually broken by the 29 in this game.
This entire weekend was just awesome.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Canadian radio is savaging this game. They are pretty much calling for the abolition of the ASG. One host went so far as to question what somebody liking this game says about them as a person.

I don't think they would be saying this if the game was in Toronto.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Canadian radio is savaging this game. They are pretty much calling for the abolition of the ASG. One host went so far as to question what somebody liking this game says about them as a person.

I don't think they would be saying this if the game was in Toronto.

I did not hear the radio station but the NHL should consider the validly of the game a bit more.... It's simply a turkey shoot these days, the Skills Competition is more fun and at times more serious but even it's becoming a circus type thing...

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I did not hear the radio station but the NHL should consider the validly of the game a bit more.... It's simply a turkey shoot these days, the Skills Competition is more fun and at times more serious but even it's becoming a circus type thing...

The question is "How do you make an exhibition game that isn't a preseason practice game anything other than a goalfest?"

I'm not sure it is feasible.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The question is "How do you make an exhibition game that isn't a preseason practice game anything other than a goalfest?"

I'm not sure it is feasible.

Agree.... but the trend imo is to a County Fair type thing instead of a hockey game... To be honest, I'd scrap the hockey game and just do skill events, player signings, meet and great stuff etc.... the actual game is the worst part of the entire weekend... ;)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I haven't watched any part of an All-Star game in 10+ years, until today, and now I'm reminded why. Hockey just isn't fun to watch when people don't try.

I think an All-Star weekend might be better without an All-Star game. Have a day 2 with a few short gimmicky things that are halfway between a skills competition and a game. Or have a 22 on 22 that counts down to 1 on 1. :laugh: It would be like the Royal Rumble. :laugh::laugh:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Agree.... I can't see any Team Foligno numbers.... the guy who made up those uniforms should be fired...

I initially liked the black ones more than the white ones but once I saw the draft and the names and numbers on them I definitely was drawn more to the white. The white looks so much better with the added color of the names and numbers.

I got a black Foligno like 1/2 of the CBJ fans did but I went back Saturday morning and bought a white Patrick Elias jersey. The Devils were my favorite team before the CBJ arrived and Elias is the last remaining link to those teams. I have tons of respect for what he has done in the league.

Surprisingly the customized jerseys were overwhelmingly Foligno. I only saw a handful of Johansen ASG jerseys.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
People say there isn't enough scoring in the NHL, then they see this and say it was boring. Which do you want? People complain about everything. Jesus.

Fun weekend

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I initially liked the black ones more than the white ones but once I saw the draft and the names and numbers on them I definitely was drawn more to the white. The white looks so much better with the added color of the names and numbers.

I got a black Foligno like 1/2 of the CBJ fans did but I went back Saturday morning and bought a white Patrick Elias jersey. The Devils were my favorite team before the CBJ arrived and Elias is the last remaining link to those teams. I have tons of respect for what he has done in the league.

Surprisingly the customized jerseys were overwhelmingly Foligno. I only saw a handful of Johansen ASG jerseys.

Being a fan of other teams is a difficult issue with some people, most here and the Sabre board know I love two teams... it's difficult at times but my rule is, when at home be at home!!! I love the CBJ and was one of the 1000 founding fans back in 1997; that however does not mean my love for Gilbert Perrault and the Sabres in their 1975 SC run should be trashed... Good for you getting the Elias jersey!!!

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things

I'm not overly shocked. People love Nicky.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I'm not overly shocked. People love Nicky.

Joey got a lot more loveable this weekend. He was sheer joy. I am not the biggest Joey fan, but his enthusiasm this weekend was a real pleasure.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Joey got a lot more loveable this weekend. He was sheer joy. I am not the biggest Joey fan, but his enthusiasm this weekend was a real pleasure.

I agree with you 100%. He has an adorable smile. Him in the OSU jersey and him with the kid were both absolutely priceless. It's been said ad nauseum but it's completely true: the best part of the weekend is getting to see the guys' personalities shining through.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I suspect if the CBJ team was allowed to vote for a Captain that would be the result.... JD must have been a little embarrassed when the NHL told him the mother city must have a Captain for the All-Star game! LOL

Egg on face????

Or quite pleased to have clarity brought to the situation?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad