GDT: Ascending the Mountain; Oilers v Avalanche, 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I still remember that 1998 series fondly, as I do the Stars upset as well. Ronnie Lowe basically made wine from water with those teams. I don't think he gets nearly the respect for what he managed to do when he was here.

Ronnie wasn't exactly politically correct either, which made him so loveable and likeable. Oilers next opponent after this one was the portly Ken Hitchcock and his Dallas Stars, to which Lowe responded during the post game ruckus and celebration with the comment, said "Bring on the fat man!":laugh::D

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Best way to get past these guys in the playoffs is to make sure they don't make it and taking 2 points from them tonight would go a long way in that regard.

Connor on after hours tonight so I think he has a big night.
He’s gonna be late getting to his hot tub on the deck then. Gonna have to strong arm a couple teammates out when he gets home so he can get a seat. Party will be in full flight by then. 😁

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
pretty much---we have to beat the Ducks, Sharks and Avs--knights and kings are above us. --losing ground to the guys behind us is bad at this point in time--this game is game 41--the half way mark

Avs have 3 games in hand on us, preds 2, blues 1,
Win them all. They are all winnable. It's time to put a streak together. Remember we did it last year in February let's get going earlier this time

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I still remember that 1998 series fondly, as I do the Stars upset as well. Ronnie Lowe basically made wine from water with those teams. I don't think he gets nearly the respect for what he managed to do when he was here.

Ronnie wasn't exactly politically correct either, which made him so loveable and likeable. Oilers next opponent after this one was the Ken Hitchcock coached Dallas Stars, to which Lowe responded with the comment, said "Bring on the fat man!":laugh::D
Those series or rather upsets including oilers vs wings in 06 were heavily won by actually having the better goalie on the ice for once. Something we haven't been able to say since rolosons 06 playoff performance

Reactions: Stoneman89

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Perfect business example of shit flowing downwards. Someone f***s up at the top and everyone else below pays for it.
Ha ha, we used to say that where I was, except there was only the president/managing director between me and the BoD. I’m sure people were saying the same about me and my colleagues. When you’re the owner, who do you blame upstream??? Oh ya, you don’t, you blame everyone below that was executing your iron will and directives. Glad that shits done. Feel bad for my kids and those that are still pulling on the rope.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hey, does Edmonchuk Willie Nelson still attend our games? Haven't seen him on the screen or TV when we score lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad