Newsday: As usual, Islanders' new season filled with questions

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Isles have signed Martinek to a 1 yr deal.

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infom...a=newsday_5min&feed:c=sports&feed:i=1.4440147
As usual, Islanders' new season filled with questions

But there are so many unknowns with a team that was pretty confounding in a full 82-game schedule a season ago.

"The first thing is health, clearly," coach Jack Capuano said this past week. "We need to know where our guys are physically, and then we need to be on the same page from day one."
Radek Martinek , their longtime defenseman, who will come to camp with a one-year deal to add a veteran presence on defense.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Isles have signed Martinek to a 1 yr deal.

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infom...a=newsday_5min&feed:c=sports&feed:i=1.4440147
As usual, Islanders' new season filled with questions

But there are so many unknowns with a team that was pretty confounding in a full 82-game schedule a season ago.

"The first thing is health, clearly," coach Jack Capuano said this past week. "We need to know where our guys are physically, and then we need to be on the same page from day one."
Radek Martinek , their longtime defenseman, who will come to camp with a one-year deal to add a veteran presence on defense.

Not surprised since Vis screwed us.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Well, now it is official unless Staple has it wrong.

One question: who will they sign for the other part of the season when Martinek is injured out?

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
well at least its not mike mottau. mckenzie says hes signing with toronto.

It's amazing only a few players have verbally agreed to sign contracts and professional tryouts before the Memorandum of Understanding was signed off by both NHL and NHLPA. (Signings and trades can't occur under Midnight ET/9 pm PT) I wonder how long will it take to sign guys like Jason Arnott.

The bigger question is how can the free agent signees who reach agreements after Midnight ET arrive at their respective training camps on time?

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Is Nabby the number 1 goalie going into camp or will they give DiP another shot at the job?

Mike

I would think Nabby. However since it is a short season maybe DP get a shot. I hope he does not get a shot. What are the odds of a 1a 1b until rick gets hurt ?

IslesBeBack*

Is Nabby the number 1 goalie going into camp or will they give DiP another shot at the job?

Mike

Willing to bet it's Nabby's to lose. If Nabby can't put up respectable numbers, we'll give TP a shot. If that fails, look for Poulin.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Nabby the committed #1 unless he breaks leg or stinks to hell.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Even if DP starts, do you think Nabby will be upset? Come on. Nabs isn't an idiot..he knows DP won't be able to hack it for more than 2 games. Even healthy. Did you see that time he dropped his stick in net for NO apparent reason? The guy is a gong show.

Bossyfan71

Lets Go Islanders!
Oct 29, 2012
The Bronx
I would still love to know what Wang was drinking when he gave DiP the extension or Milbury for that matter when he traded Luango.

Mike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad