Post-Game Talk: As long as you don't use a gun, it isn't goalie interference. Habs lose 3-2 in OT

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I agree but we should all forget about that trade. I was one of the rare to think it's was good trade for the Habs. Weber is still good, Subban is on his decline, who would have think that 4 years ago? Nobody. I wrote someting like that at the time but I think it was a fluke. I wasn't 100% sure at the time. I wasn't a genious at the time. Just intuitive and lucky. And Subban's career is not over yet. Maybe he can have a second coming.
for the Habs as in, the Habs are better because of it ??

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Uh. Yeah. It’s called hockey.

Yeah, its nhl. A league with no definable standard to these plays. A league that will allow this goal today, and disallow it tommorow.

Dont act like its okay. There's going to be a cup decided by this one day, while they continue to flip flop on the standard.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
“Happens to us every time. I don’t know where it’s coming from, if it’s Toronto, I don’t know.”
-Danault

Happens to US every time

Nope Philip. Happens to every god damn team in the NHL. Loser mentality.

It's happened twice in the last several weeks. Danault's pelvic push goal was rightly called a no goal tho.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
The nhl book of settlements mention "obstruction on a goalie". They never mention "obstruction on Carey Price" (who is above goalies according to the hockey media universe). So the official texts of settlements have to be changed to include Carey Price as a "regular goalie". This is the root of this misinterpretation and updates will be corrected soon with official excuses to the Mtl team.
I salute you!

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Looking at that play many years later, I think Price accidentally threw himself into the Ranger's player's path making a save and their momentum carried him behind the goal line. It was the right call even though it irks me to admit it. objectively.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Subban’s Norris is bull**** and everyone knows it. Shortened 48 game season and Giordano was the front runner before being injured. Lot’s could of happened in the other 34 games if played.

There is a reason team Canada wanted no part of Subban.

If Nashville keeps Weber they win a cup I’m convinced. PK lost that cup with his bad breath antics on Crosby. The whole thing was extremely embarrassing.

:laugh:

Please just stop, weber played years and years for Nashville and the team never went after the second round in their history.

Then Subban came, had a great playoff and they get into the final.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
The main reason they didn't win vs the Pens with Subban was that Rinne couldn't stop a shot in the last 3 games and Murray on the other end played his best ever which he has never repeated since. Worst SC final performance of any goalie by Rinne in a long time. I agree that Subban is not good now, but he was one of the best Ds together with Ekholm (Josi was the best) in the final that year.

People also forget Subban’s play in the run to the cup in the series against St Louis that year - the Preds wouldn’t have even made it to the final without Subban

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

Please just stop, weber played years and years for Nashville and the team never went after the second round in their history.

They were ripe for the cup, they added other players that they needed in key positions. Subban wasn’t the reason they made the SCF but he sure was the reason they lost. You’re making it seem like Weber wouldn’t of contributed dispite him always being a better player than Subban. I guarantee you Nashville regrets the trade.

Yeah, it was not because Josi and Ellis were **** defensively and that Rinne could not make a save, no it was Subban's fault.

Just stop, it's ridiculous.
Subban lit a huge fire under Crosby’s ass, I didn’t work out well for him. An embarrassment.

Come on man, at this point everyone knows he’s a locker room disease. It’s common knowledge.

WE ARE IN THE WRONG THREAD FOR THIS DISCUSSION, I’m not replying any longer so don’t bother replying to this.

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
They were ripe for the cup, they added other players that they needed in key positions. Subban wasn’t the reason they made the SCF but he sure was the reason they lost. You’re making it seem like Weber wouldn’t of contributed dispite him always being a better player than Subban. I guarantee you Nashville regrets the trade.

Subban lit a huge fire under Crosby’s ass, I didn’t work out well for him. An embarrassment.

Come on man, at this point everyone knows he’s a locker room disease. It’s common knowledge.

WE ARE IN THE WRONG THREAD FOR THIS DISCUSSION, I’m not replying any longer so don’t bother replying to this.

They added no notable player besides Subban that summer, please give me the name of these key players. Subban was one of the main reason that they made it to the SCF.

Weber was better than Subban ? When ? Besides this season, because Subban looks done.

The facts are Weber had the same team the year before and did nothing, he was the REASON they lost in game 7 against San Jose. WATCH: Everything that went wrong for Shea Weber in Game 7

You want me to believe that the year after he was going to lead them to the SCF and win the Stanley cup ? Nice one. :laugh:

Subban came, played well, especially during the playoffs and they made to the SCF. First time in their history, before that it was round 2 at best.

If Crosby, the best hockey player the last decade, needs Subban to get pumped, then he's not the best player.

Show me proofs of Subban been a locker room disease... All we heard are bullshit rumors when he was traded from MTL, nothing from Nashville.

You don't like the guy, it's fine, but lying about him and diminishing what he did with Nasville, it's really dishonest.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImNeverWrong

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
be interesting times in Montreal right now ...Imagine Subban with the Habs and 9 pts 41 games into this season.......Paycheck of 10 MILLION in 2019-20 season.

Imagine...
How much is Carey price making? Hows his season going. He facing any heat? Or would only subban face this heat? You suggesting pk would be treated differently for making bank and struggling as well? Gee I wonder how price and pk are different....any idea?
It would probably be akin to when kevin weekes played the habs in the playoffs eh? Lord remembers how poorly pk was treated when he was a norris calibre dman, imagine the media getting the sheep fans to turn on him when he actually struggles in the province of maxime bernier. It's already jarring to see a sold out bell center booing pk now. Wonder if any other former habs got that treatment. Nope.

Ooops i opened up a can of worms. Quebec. Ugh.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
How much is Carey price making? Hows his season going. He facing any heat? Or would only subban face this heat? You suggesting pk would be treated differently for making bank and struggling as well? Gee I wonder how price and pk are different....any idea?
It would probably be akin to when kevin weekes played the habs in the playoffs eh? Lord remembers how poorly pk was treated when he was a norris calibre dman, imagine the media getting the sheep fans to turn on him when he actually struggles in the province of maxime bernier. It's already jarring to see a sold out bell center booing pk now. Wonder if any other former habs got that treatment. Nope.

Ooops i opened up a can of worms. Quebec. Ugh.
Ohh boy. PK was loved here. He gets booed everywhere because he’s a big mouth and a show off and everyone is sick of him. Personally I’m still pissed off at PK for getting himself traded outta here for being such a selfish and bad teammate, when Gallagher doesn’t like you it’s because there is a big problem. PK is a locker room disease, it has nothing to do with him being black.

Reactions: Roadhouse

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

The team also improved dramatically, it wasn't solely Subban. Saying Subban lead them to the finals is the equivalent to saying that Subban is leading the Devils to a lottery pick.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
The team also improved dramatically, it wasn't solely Subban. Saying Subban lead them to the finals is the equivalent to saying that Subban is leading the Devils to a lottery pick.

I agree but really people should check out highlights of Subban just taking our St Louis almost on his own to get Nashville to the final - reminds me of Pronger

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Ohh boy. PK was loved here. He gets booed everywhere because he’s a big mouth and a show off and everyone is sick of him. Personally I’m still pissed off at PK for getting himself traded outta here for being such a selfish and bad teammate, when Gallagher doesn’t like you it’s because there is a big problem. PK is a locker room disease, it has nothing to do with him being black.

Imagine. Just imagine a version of PK that never left and makes stretch passes to Suzuki and Caufield for the rest of his career. I think it'd be nice, back problems aside (which MTL management also knew about).

Locker room disease is right.

"...came here trying to make it about PK Subban, which is what he wants." -Annoyed B. Gallagher

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Even if the “relocated” they live in Toronto and are the enemy. I’m not gonna give them the benefit of the doubt when we keep getting ****ed over time after time. They dragged Carrey 10 feet out of his net last time and it was a ****ing goal! Remember?
You’re talking about the last game? That was hardly 10 feet.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
You’re talking about the last game? That was hardly 10 feet.
Not last game. The game against the Rangers were he was dragged out and Nash scored. That was pathetic and I’ve never seen anything close to that before. Toronto has a hard on for f***ing us over. What can we expect from Toronto fans who get to dictate our goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad