As a Canucks fan would you rather tank the qualifying or?

What would you choose?

• Total voters

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
Let me get this straight. If canucks lose the qualifying round to Minnesota, then we keep our pick and will be picking potentially 1st overall or most likely 10th overall. but if we proceed in playoffs we potentially lose out on a lottery pick or a 10th overall

So if you are a canucks fan what do you choose?

idk its very hard cuz lets say if the pick turns out to be the 1oa pick... that would suck

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Probably would have been better to frame the question more broadly asking whether fans of a play in team would rather lose or win in the play in round.
The third option made me chuckle. I’m assuming Doc fixed the flux capacitor in that case.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I mean. The last thing you should want as a Canucks fan is to get anywhere near fluking into 1st OA...

Imagine the staying power that gives Jim Benning if he gets to draft a player like that 1OA... that's some Star Lord dance-off to save the universe type stuff... I mean...

Jim Benning - "How many futures did you see?"
Dr Strange - "fourteen million six hundred and ninety five..."
"How many where I keep my job?"
tumblr_prm22tqZhP1xxqx93o2_500.gifv

You want to win a round then blow up then lose badly next year and get him out of office. It just seems like you'd get 1OA and then Benning would turn into the GM who finishes 8 every year or the next Buffalo sabres. Maybe you can't mess up Petersson, Hughes, and Laf...But he would try

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not a Canucks fan, but easily the last option. You want to be in the playoffs, unless you know you win the lottery. 1/8 shot of drafting Lafreniere is not worth a 1/16 shot at winning the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad