Proposal: ARZ - TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Never change. OEL just named captain, given a new deal. Isn't going for nylander and extras.

Reactions: iSophagus

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
We are without 3 key players in Galchenyuk, Dvorak and Chychrun. Its been 2 games, not 20. Things will rebound.

Arizona also has zero interest in trading their newly signed, newly promoted captain in OEL, either.

Nylander for Chychrun, sure, but thats about it.

Reactions: ck26 and Pia8988

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Since Toronto struggles with the defence, how about Chychrun, Merkley and a first for Matthews?

Reactions: Narwian

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Uhm, OEL is an offensive LHD, not at all what we need. Would he be an upgrade? Absolutely!

But I think we need a younger RHD if we’re losing Willy & a 1st

Reactions: Mork

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
OEL is a teensy bit overrated on these boards but my god he was just named captain and they Coyotes have a bunch of injuries at forward. You don't move him for a soft winger.

Uhm, OEL is an offensive LHD, not at all what we need. Would he be an upgrade? Absolutely!

I was about to laugh but I think I'll just weep

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I like Nylander but at 6.5m. Until he signs, he isn't traded, and I can't see teams wanting to overpay for him.

OEL is good. But starting next year he's getting 8.5m....that is way too much and it continues I believe till he is 36 years of age. 8.5m can be spend better next year and in future years. If Leafs trade Nylander it will be for a little cap relief from Nylander not adding to it.

Reactions: Mork

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

okay, so you have no idea who Oliver Ekman-Larsson is. cool.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Since Toronto struggles with the defence, how about Chychrun, Merkley and a first for Matthews?

Toronto struggles with defense, so let's trade for Chychrun, who is just ok at the defense, and a LHD at that?

OEL is a great D man, no question there, but if Toronto is trading away assets, it's for a RHD. The guy on Arizona who would help the Leafs the most, is Hjalmarsson... not that Arizona is looking to move him, or is he the ideal age for the Leafs core.

I think people make these proposals, and don't think of both teams needs most of the time.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

No worry. Willy and your 1st doesn't get a sniff at OEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad