GDT: ARZ @ DET 7:30 PM FSD

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Kind of embarrassing that it was a one goal game, but i won't complain too loudly. Leave it to the coyotes to help guys get out of slumps.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Just got back from the game. I'm glad Blashill benched the Larkin line for the rest of the game after an excellent shift in the 3rd period

Reactions: aar000n

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Not much else gives me the courage to invade an opposing team's GDT during the game. You guys are welcoming though; some other teams' posters have chased me off. Then again, it might be a bit different if the Coyotes had won :laugh:

We only chase off posters when they make dumb claims on our board

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
L4ftrf2.png
Funny how Corsi really doesn't tell anything.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My eye-tested scoring chance data:

4 points for Goal Scored, 3/2/1 points for assist depending of the level of assist. Also only 1 point for EN goals.
3 points for High-Danger chance or assist for a High-Danger chance (Pavel would have loved this, but too bad he left before I started doing these...) :(
2 points for Medium-Danger or Medium-Assist.
1 point for Low-Danger etc or some extra play, Screen or Takeaway or good defensive play.

Player, Points, (Scoring attempts + Assisted + Extras) = Total
LW Tatar, 0+0, (0 + 3,1,2 + 1) = 7 points
C Zetterberg, 0+1, (3,3 + 1,3 + 1) = 12 points
RW Nyquist, 1+0, (2,2,3 + 3 + 0) = 12 points (his goal was scored as a medium-danger attempt)
------------------
LW Andreas, 0+1, (3,2,3,2 + 3,2 + 1) = 16 points
C Larkin, 1+1, (2,1,1,2 + 1,1,1,2,2,2 + 2) = 19 points
RW Mantha, 1+0, (2,2,3,3,2 + 3,2,3 + 1) = 20 points
---------------
LW Helm, 1+1, (2,2,1,1 + 3,1,2 + 2) = 14 points
C Nielsen, 0+0, (1,2 + 0 + 1) = 4 points
RW Akader, 0+1 (3,3 + 2,1 + 1) = 10 points
------------------
LW Wilson, 0+0, (2,1 + 1,3,1 + 1) = 9 points
C Glendening, 1+0, (2,3,3 + 2 + 0) = 12 points (what a heck was that wrister? never seem him shoot that well) :O
RW Frk, 0+1, (1,2,1 + 2,2,2 + 1) = 11 points

Very good game from the 4th line. Larkin line looked like a new 1st line. Gotta love it. :)

Nielsen was biggest disappointment today. Also Tatar went totally without scoring attempts. Does getting paid 5.25-5.3 million that for you... you stop shooting or aren't interested anymore to score?

If Nielsen would score from that breakaway, his numbers would look different, now it didn't collect any. You have to get an attempt. Good defensive play from Arizona player, Christian Fischer.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Not much else gives me the courage to invade an opposing team's GDT during the game. You guys are welcoming though; some other teams' posters have chased me off. Then again, it might be a bit different if the Coyotes had won :laugh:
I'd be more welcoming if the yotes won,tbh. We need to fall off a cliff as early as possible.

Reactions: TheMule93

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Great, exciting game. Helm, glendening and kronwall were all very good. Obviously the kids line was great. Good back checks by AA. Nyquist was a beast the 1st period. Arizona was impressive in that they battled back after looking awful in the 1st period. Waiving domingue was a good move. Wedgewood looked pretty good for how many good scoring chances we got.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
In other stat news, the NHL has also updated its main stat page slightly with more filters. I really wish they would set up their own capgeek type site because I think they'd get it right.

Don't some teams still officially refuse to disclose contract details? Which I always thought was strange in a cap league. As if to say, "Just trust us, we're under the cap. The NHL will vouch for us."

So that contract stuff always leaks within 10 minutes anyway, but I'd guess if there are still teams refusing to disclose terms, the NHL has to play nice with them and not publish all that information. But even more confusing, is the NHLPA actually has the compensation numbers for every player: http://www.nhlpa.com/the-players/team-compensation

The Red Wings are one of the teams that don't appear to disclose salary. In the official statement released about Tatar, they simply mentioned it was a 4 year deal. Same thing for Daley, term only, no salary. But, confusingly, the NHL.com release includes salary details. So NHL.com/redwings = no salary. NHL.com = salary.

Actually the more I look into this, the more stupid it appears. It's all summed up here nicely: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nhl-has-a-breaking-news-problem/

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Don't some teams still officially refuse to disclose contract details? Which I always thought was strange in a cap league. As if to say, "Just trust us, we're under the cap. The NHL will vouch for us."

So that contract stuff always leaks within 10 minutes anyway, but I'd guess if there are still teams refusing to disclose terms, the NHL has to play nice with them and not publish all that information. But even more confusing, is the NHLPA actually has the compensation numbers for every player: http://www.nhlpa.com/the-players/team-compensation

The Red Wings are one of the teams that don't appear to disclose salary. In the official statement released about Tatar, they simply mentioned it was a 4 year deal. Same thing for Daley, term only, no salary. But, confusingly, the NHL.com release includes salary details. So NHL.com/redwings = no salary. NHL.com = salary.

Actually the more I look into this, the more stupid it appears. It's all summed up here nicely: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nhl-has-a-breaking-news-problem/
It may surprise you but corporations are not quite as competent as you may think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad