Proposal: Arturri Lehkonen

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Arturri Lehkonen and a 2018 5th for Caleb Jones and a 2018 2nd

Montreal gets another early pick and a LHD prospect, and the Oilers get a defensively responsible winger with a good shot. Is this fair?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I'd do it but as was seen yesterday, I have very different views on the importance of Lehkonen compared to my fellow Habs fans.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Is this the player MTL fans said was better than Teravainen a couple years ago? Now hes in every trade proposal.

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Value is probably there but would rather keep Lehks and see which player shows up to start the year, solid rookie year but then never got on track last season until the last month where he finished pretty strong

Would rather keep Lehkonen as well so no thanks to this deal. Last season was his sophomore season and he apparently was battling an injury or took longer than expected to recover from an injury so I want to see at least another full season of him.

During the end of the season he played like Hab fans expected him to play. Plus this a very good defensively responsible player and Julien absolutely loves these types of players and has praised Lehkonen for his defensive play.

If Lehkonen can stay healthy this season I'm hoping he can hit 20 goals and maybe 40+ points since I expect Julien to give him lots of ice time.

Last edited:
Reactions: HomeAndHome

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Is this the player MTL fans said was better than Teravainen a couple years ago? Bow hes in every trade proposal.

But who includes him in these proposals. I don't see him in many proposals but I don't visit this board often. Since you're apparently following this player very closely is it Hab fans or is it fans from other teams trying to get this player for cheap from the Habs?

Reactions: bryan1966

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
It was Sebastian Collberg who was "better" than Teravainen.

Not a good season adapting to pros for Jones and Montreal already have 4 2nd rounders. I'd respectfully decline the offer and stick with the guy that shows promise as a regular 20 goals/season producer.

Reactions: schnapshot

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
This is how I see the trade

Caleb Jones is a bit better than you're typical 5th rounder. He was a 4th rounder himself who did good in juniors on a good team, but struggled in his first year in the AHL (maybe I'm wrong, I'm stat watching I don't follow the the Bakersfield Condors lol). Doesn't look like a future nhl regular IMO. I prefer the pick.

Lehkonen Vs early 2nd round pick. is basically Lehkonen for a ticket giving you 15% chance to get a Lehkonen, 5% to get a player a little better and 5% getting a player much better. 75% chance of getting a lesser player. I prefer keeping Lehkonen.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
No, thanks we might have alot of middle sixer but lehkonen is a quality one and has top 6 potential! He’s at worst a very good 3rd liner wich you can’t have too much off. He’s currently worth much more to the habs than what he could return to the habs, if he could fill his potential and be a good top6 player, thats where he would be worth trading if we still have excess of top 6 wingers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad