Value of: Artturi Lehkonen

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Any interest in this guy? 22yo LW, small but feisty, defensively responsible, good PKer, has a good shot but otherwise not that big of an offensive threat. I think he'll be a solid middle sixer but the problem is the Habs have guys like him in spades so he is expendable. What would you offer? B grade centre or LHD prospects would be preferred.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He's not the winger(s) we should be moving.

I think the emergence of Hudon (who is better than Lehkonen) kinda took his spot last year. We now have Drouin, Galchenyuk and Hudon above him in the depth chart at LW, and this is not even taking into account the two pending UFAs Patches and Byron. He can fill in at RW too but I don't think he has it in him to play regularly in the top 9, at least this year, and playing 4th line minutes with 4th line guys probably won't do any good for his development. I like his game but I've had hard time trying to make him fit in the roster like I want.

Caleb Jones and a 2nd?

Wouldn't mind him on the Oilers.

Solid offer imo. I'd probably do that.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I wuldn't trade him right now. His injury last year might have slowed his progression. He was playing great the year before and was the best Habs in the only playoffs round the team played.

I would be patient in his case. I'm not convinced he won't be a top 6 winger with great two-way game.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wuldn't trade him right now. His injury last year might have slowed his progression. He was playing great the year before and was the best Habs in the only playoffs round the team played.

I would be patient in his case. I'm not convinced he won't be a top 6 winger with great two-way game.

Agreed. No way I am trading this young asset. He has a great all round game and he is part of our solution, not the problem.

Reactions: montreal

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Lekhonen had a sophomore slump last year on top of having injuries. He however finished the year much better with 10 G and 15 pts in the last 33 games vs. 2 G and 6 pts in the first 33 games

In his last year in the SweHL Lekhonen broke Frolunda's playoff pts record which was Daniel Alfredsons's record. This kid has good potential and is definitely worth a 2nd +

As a Habs fan I would keep him

Reactions: sheed36

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I think the emergence of Hudon (who is better than Lehkonen) kinda took his spot last year. We now have Drouin, Galchenyuk and Hudon above him in the depth chart at LW, and this is not even taking into account the two pending UFAs Patches and Byron. He can fill in at RW too but I don't think he has it in him to play regularly in the top 9, at least this year, and playing 4th line minutes with 4th line guys probably won't do any good for his development. I like his game but I've had hard time trying to make him fit in the roster like I want.

I dunno about that yet.

Unless he has to be packaged to get a star player in return - his two-way game is just too good to give up.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Different views I guess. I just don't see a legit top 6 forward in this guy.

Reactions: Benstheman

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Why? He's an example of a player don't trade. Young, not much in the way in terms of production, not a 1st rounder and excellent underlying numbers.

He wont return much and should have a lot of value to the Habs.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
If he has a similar performance next year as he did this year, I don't think his trade value is affected much. If he has an offensive coming out, his trade value goes up substantially. So if it were me, even if I didn't intend to have this guy around, I would wait and see

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Not worth trading him. He'd return maybe a 2nd at best and we're better off hoping last year was just a bad year and he rebounds this year. He had 18 goals as a rookie, long-term he's hopefully a middle-6 20-goal scorer

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
And Hudon is? As much as I like Hudon he is no more of a sure thing for the top 2 lines than Lekhonen.

Yes, I think Hudon has quite a bit more offensive upside than Lehkonen.

Not worth trading him. He'd return maybe a 2nd at best and we're better off hoping last year was just a bad year and he rebounds this year. He had 18 goals as a rookie, long-term he's hopefully a middle-6 20-goal scorer

I'm not questioning his ability to rebound and be a solid middle six 20 goal scorer, I'm just kinda concerned that we don't have room for him to develop into that.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Yes, I think Hudon has quite a bit more offensive upside than Lehkonen.

I'm not questioning his ability to rebound and be a solid middle six 20 goal scorer, I'm just kinda concerned that we don't have room for him to develop into that.

So, you are actually telling us that Habs has too much talent on the team to keep him? :huh:

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
So, you are actually telling us that Habs has too much talent on the team to keep him? :huh:

Too much similar talent on the team and too much overall talent on the left side, yes. It might surprise you considering the mess of a team we were this year but we are actually pretty strong at LW.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

As a Rangers fan who was raving about him and Gallagher the whole series, I completely agree. I like Lekhonen and he should bounce back and eventually become a 40-45 TWF who excels in the playoffs, pretty much the perfect middle 6er

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad