Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Nice end of season and playoffs. One of few players that has a chance to surprise next season.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Love the kid, but people need to temper their expectations because it's going to turn around like Galchenyuk... 25-30 goals a year, 40-50pts with fine 2 way game is what I expect for him maybe not next year, but in 2 or 3 years, nice Top 6 complimentary player.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Love the kid, but people need to temper their expectations because it's going to turn around like Galchenyuk... 25-30 goals a year, 40-50pts with fine 2 way game is what I expect for him maybe not next year, but in 2 or 3 years, nice Top 6 complimentary player.

It's definitely important to temper expectations, but I'm excited to see how good he can become. This year he excelled at going into trafiic and he used his shot well. I'm interested to see if he can keep doing this and if he can create more plays with the puck, as he gets bigger and therefore faster.

We definitely have good top nine wingers in the organization in

Pacioretty - - Radulov
Lehkonen - - Galchenyuk
Byron - - Gallagher/Shaw/Hudon

We're just missing center's. Hopefully Chucky can step up and we can find a way to acquire a number 2.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Pacioretty - - Radulov
Lehkonen - - Galchenyuk
Byron - - Gallagher/Shaw/Hudon

We're just missing center's. Hopefully Chucky can step up and we can find a way to acquire a number 2.

How I see our top nine.

left wing - 1st center - Rads (maybe)
Lehkonen - Chucky - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Shaw

Patches needs to go ASAP and we need a #1 center if Clod doesn't see Chucky as one.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How I see our top nine.

Byron - Danault - Shaw

Patches needs to go ASAP and we need a #1 center if Clod doesn't see Chucky as one.

I would definitely put Pacioretty on the market for a 1C. I want to keep Galchenyuk and as your line-up indicates, he can be a real good 2C. I love that third line. After a PP, when CJ used Pacioretty, Radulov, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Lehkonen, and Gallagher, he'd put Byron-Danault-Shaw right after and they always looked good.

As for Lehkonen, he's the only prospect in the Habs that makes me feel the way I feel when I see Marner, Matthews, and Nylander for Toronto. In the sense that the Habs have someone who is young and has a bright future and can be a key piece for years to come.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
How I see our top nine.

Byron - Danault - Shaw

Why would you trade Max but keep Chucky? Give me Max any day of the week...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yes, let's trade our captain and point leader for the last 6 seasons! Sounds like a great plan.

Because he's a better player?

It's a better plan than trading our franchise defenseman who steps up in the playoffs.
I have no idea how Pacioretty is a better player, but they were both freaking terrible in the playoffs. Galchenyuk outproduced him.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
A keeper. Top 6 material. I heard he can play centre...

Lehkonen said he was forced to play center for several games one year because of injuries and that it didn't go well. :laugh:

He's not a center.

He's a pretty good top 6 winger though. Incredible release. Good D. Should be a consistent 25 goal guy, 40 pt player as long as he stays healthy.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Why would you trade Max but keep Chucky? Give me Max any day of the week...

Pacioretty has more value and proven useless in playoffs/big stage. We desperately need a young center. I rather move him and soon to be huge $$ contract for a young center and take chance on a 23 year old Galchenyuk finding his game as #2 C

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Pacioretty has more value and proven useless in playoffs/big stage. We desperately need a young center. I rather move him and soon to be huge $$ contract for a young center and take chance on a 23 year old Galchenyuk finding his game as #2 C

This team has no one who can put the damn puck in the net but Pacioretty! Let's trade him... Our second scorer this season was Byron :facepalm:

This team is not moving forward if we trade Max for a center! We need to add on what we already have if we hope to have any success ...

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
This team has no one who can put the damn puck in the net but Pacioretty! Let's trade him... Our second scorer this season was Byron :facepalm:

This team is not moving forward if we trade Max for a center! We need to add on what we already have if we hope to have any success ...

Nobody is saying to trade Max for say Mike Fisher.. You also have to think that Max sweethearth deal will end soon. He'll want 7+. You're ready to give Pacioretty 7+ millions for 7-8 years? I'm not.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Yes, let's trade our captain and point leader for the last 6 seasons! Sounds like a great plan.

Because he's a better player?

It does sound like a great plan.

You really like mediocrity don't you. Sometime I really wonder if you want this team to win or you just want to defend the management and their muppets. Your idea of success is very different from most of us.

Who cares if he has the C on his jersey. That can easily be replaced with Weber. That captain lead us to one of our biggest collapse in franchise history and a 1st round exit in the following season. He's a terrible leader.

And mostly, who cares about him being our point leader. It's worth nothing for us.. just for him when he negotiates his new contract. He's not a winner. When he produces like a third liner in the playoffs of a contending team, his regular season production is useless.

Trading Pacioretty would be one step back, 2-3 steps forward if do it properly.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Nobody is saying to trade Max for say Mike Fisher.. You also have to think that Max sweethearth deal will end soon. He'll want 7+. You're ready to give Pacioretty 7+ millions for 7-8 years? I'm not.

We have him for 2 more seasons at 4.5M, that's literally one of the best contracts in the entire league...

Trading him just doesn't make sense IMO.
It does sound like a great plan.

You really like mediocrity don't you. Sometime I really wonder if you want this team to win or you just want to defend the management and their muppets. Your idea of success is very different from most of us.

Who cares if he has the C on his jersey. That can easily be replaced with Weber. That captain lead us to one of our biggest collapse in franchise history and a 1st round exit in the following season. He's a terrible leader.

And mostly, who cares about him being our point leader. It's worth nothing for us.. just for him when he negotiates his new contract. He's not a winner. When he produces like a third liner in the playoffs of a contending team, his regular season production is useless.

Trading Pacioretty would be one step back, 2-3 steps forward if do it properly.

We're talking about Pacioretty here what this has to do with defending management?

I just don't think trading him is a good thing.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Or even as a winger. Good chances hes cheaper for longer and whos to say hes not better than Pacioretty down the road?

They both have exactly one 30 goal season at the age of 23.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Why not?

Ok, we all know he scores a lot of goals for us in the regular season.. but what we cares is winning the cup.. and Pacioretty never contributed as he should or expected in the playoffs.

Do you really feel Pacioretty, being the offensive leader of this team would lead us to the cup one day? I don't. If you don't want to trade him, do you you want him to leave as UFA for nothing.. or have him back at 6.5M-7M$?

This past season was his last chance for him (to me). I thought he learned from his mistake, I thought wearing the C, with the support of Weber, he'd lead us in a better way in the playoffs with his game. I thought he's be intense like Radulov, Gallagher or even rookie Lehkonen but no, he still plays exactly the same way has he did in previous playoffs. His quality of centers has nothing to do with how he played... because it had nothing to do with how our other wingers played.

So yeah, if your goal is like mine and all of us which is winning the cup, do you honestly think Pacioretty is the guy that will lead us to that goal.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
How I see our top nine.

Byron - Danault - Shaw

That 2nd line needs a playmaker. imo the reason Pacioretty and Galchenyuk were so successful this year with Radulov, and unsuccessful when they weren't playing with him, is they are shooters. They need a playmaker to get them the puck.

In fact, we have a lot of shooters in our top 9: Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Byron, Gallagher. What we need, more than centers, is another playmaker, to add to Radulov. Plekanec used to be a playmaker, but now he's just useless offensively 5 on 5.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

How about we wait until we see how Galchenyuk plays next season when he'll likely be fully recovered from his injury and have another hard summer of training? It's really premature IMO, to believe he's already peaked.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

What if the return is Tavares? He's a center who can score and put up 80 points a year. And more importantly, he's got 22 points in 24 playoff games (0.92 PPG). As opposed to Max's 19 points in 38 playoff games (.50 PPG).

Depending what the return is, I'd be willing to part with Max and bank on Galchenyuk's potential instead.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
We have him for 2 more seasons at 4.5M, that's literally one of the best contracts in the entire league...

Trading him just doesn't make sense IMO.

We're talking about Pacioretty here what this has to do with defending management?

It makes total sense depending on the return. We are talking about Pacioretty here, not a playoff warrior.

How about we wait until we see how Galchenyuk plays next season when he'll likely be fully recovered from his injury and have another hard summer of training? It's really premature IMO, to believe he's already peaked.

Oh Galchenyuk will become an effective first liner probably even a star player, just not in Montreal because it's pretty obvious they gave up on him.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Not sure why anyone thinks Max is better than Galchenyuk or even Lehkonen for that matter.

Pacioretty at 21
86 games, 6g, 25 pts

Lehkonen at 21
73 games, 18g, 28 pts

Galchenyuk at 21
275 games, 72g, 160 pts

Lehkonen scored 18 goals in his rookie year compared to Paciorettys 3.

Galchenyuk had his first 30 goal season at 21, 2 years before Pacioretty had his at 23.

Lehkonen turns 22 this summer, Galchenyuk just turned 23 in February and Pacioretty is 29 in November. Trade the old guy and get more young players, or more proven playoff players.

I can't fathom someone that wants to make the same mistake again and trade the young players and keeping older under performing players.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not sure why anyone thinks Max is better than Galchenyuk or even Lehkonen for that matter.

Pacioretty at 21
86 games, 6g, 25 pts

Lehkonen at 21
73 games, 18g, 28 pts

Galchenyuk at 21
275 games, 72g, 160 pts

Lehkonen scored 18 goals in his rookie year compared to Paciorettys 3.

Galchenyuk had his first 30 goal season at 21, 2 years before Pacioretty had his at 23.

Lehkonen turns 22 this summer, Galchenyuk just turned 23 in February and Pacioretty is 29 in November. Trade the old guy and get more young players, or more proven playoff players.

I can't fathom someone that wants to make the same mistake again and trade the young players and keeping older under performing players.

Part of me feels like when CJ said he told Max that he needs to focus on being a good family man and that hockey isn't the be all end all, it might be his way of telling him "When we trade you this summer, don't let it bother you. Don't forget that your priority is to be a good father and husband."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad