Prospect Info: Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
From what I've seen how Latendresse, Bournival and Sekac performing in the pre-season, I'm trying not to be excited......but it's hard. I really hope that Lehkonen isn't like the other three.

With the exception of Sekac Lehkonen has played against men before and has done well and unlike Sekac he is still young so the upside is good. But I hear ya I'm cautious about getting too excited but he has looked good and everyone from Koivu to Bergevin seems to be high on him so I'm feeling good that he will do well during the regular season

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
BTW i don't understand why some people keep bringing failure of the past to explain why everyone will fail this year.

Radulov will fail because of Semin.
Lehkonen will fail because of Sekac and Bournival.

I can understand wanting to be cautious. That's perfectly reasonable.

But Radulov has nothing in common with Semin. For one he is a better player. Always had been and always will be. Not more skilled. Just a better overall player whose game fit the NHL better.

Lehkonen is a better prospect than both Bournival and Sekac. Bournival is a middle of 3rd round pick. Sekac was never drafted despite having a good frame. Lehkonen is an end of 2nd round pick. He just turned 21 and already has 5 years of pro experience. He did better last year as a 20 years old in the SHL than Sekac did at 21 in the KHL. He is more skilled than both Bournival and Sekac. Bournival was projected as a 4th line player maybe 3rd line at best. Lehkonen is projected as a 2nd line player 3rd line at worst if he succeed. He is also more gritty than Sekac by a fair margin. As for Bournival he looked involved before his injuries but after that he looked flat.

Doesn't mean they will succeed. But there's no comparison to be made with Semin, Sekac and Bournival imo.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
BTW i don't understand why some people keep bringing failure of the past to explain why everyone will fail this year.

Radulov will fail because of Semin.
Lehkonen will fail because of Sekac and Bournival.

I can understand wanting to be cautious. That's perfectly reasonable.

But Radulov has nothing in common with Semin. For one he is a better player. Always had been and always will be. Not more skilled. Just a better overall player whose game fit the NHL better.

Lehkonen is a better prospect than both Bournival and Sekac. Bournival is a middle of 3rd round pick. Sekac was never drafted despite having a good frame. Lehkonen is an end of 2nd round pick. He just turned 21 and already has 5 years of pro experience. He did better last year as a 20 years old in the SHL than Sekac did at 21 in the KHL. He is more skilled than both Bournival and Sekac. Bournival was projected as a 4th line player maybe 3rd line at best. Lehkonen is projected as a 2nd line player 3rd line at worst if he succeed. He is also more gritty than Sekac by a fair margin. As for Bournival he looked involved before his injuries but after that he looked flat.

Doesn't mean they will succeed. But there's no comparison to be made with Semin, Sekac and Bournival imo.

There can be catharsis in being miserable and cynical.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
From what I've seen how Latendresse, Bournival and Sekac performing in the pre-season, I'm trying not to be excited......but it's hard. I really hope that Lehkonen isn't like the other three.

Personnally, those three never impressed. They looked lost without the puck.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Lehkonnen and Rad are showing a lot of chemistry already. I'd really want to see them with Galchenyuk who seems to really like playing with Rad. Plek Gally and Patch has worked before too so why not try it.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Personnally, those three never impressed. They looked lost without the puck.

In pre-season, Latendresse, Bournival and Sekac have performed much better than what Lehkonen does right now. I'm not saying that they are better than what Lehkonen will perform, not at all.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

If Lehkonen becomes as good as Latendresse, that would already be a tremendous success.

Totally different players of course.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Lehkonnen and Rad are showing a lot of chemistry already. I'd really want to see them with Galchenyuk who seems to really like playing with Rad. Plek Gally and Patch has worked before too so why not try it.

I agree.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
In pre-season, Latendresse, Bournival and Sekac have performed much better than what Lehkonen does right now. I'm not saying that they are better than what Lehkonen will perform, not at all.

Completely disagree. They got points but didn't look like NHL players.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Thank you Nostradamus.

I don't see that. Andrighetto is the only one I could agree but he was drafted as a overager so it's still a very good draft.

And it isn't a good draft until these players actually show something. McCarron has huge potential, but hasn't cracked the line up yet, Andrighetto is soft, and Lekhonen we will see this season.

but thanks Nostradamus apparently you already know there gonna be studs :P

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The regular season will tell all about the young guys.

However, Lehkonen has shown enough for me to be hopeful about the guy.

Carr has picked it up recently and that along with how he did last year makes me hopeful about him.

Ghetto has disappointed so far but last season he did pretty well, so here is hoping.

Just saying there is reason for some optimism about these guys. No need to be down on them , but I am not getting carried away on expectations either.

From the 2nd line we need about 60 goals so if Lehkonen could contribute 15 that would be good. If Eller was centering the 3rd line I would count on good defensively play and would have said 40 goals plus would be good production. With DD as center maybe you need more goal production, don't know. If Carr can chip in 10-12 goals would be good.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

One difference between Lehkonen and those guys is that Lehkonen has a superb shot. Sekac and Bournival are weak shooters.

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
this kid is GOOD.

Innate hockey sense, perfect skating, deadly shot. He's always =inside= the play that's developing on the ice, always around the puck or close to a good spot on the ice.

If he can bring this kind of play every game (ala Qc and Leafs game), we'll all have #46 revival threads all over again...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
this kid is GOOD.

Innate hockey sense, perfect skating, deadly shot. He's always =inside= the play that's developing on the ice, always around the puck or close to a good spot on the ice.

If he can bring this kind of play every game (ala Qc and Leafs game), we'll all have #46 revival threads all over again...

While the TSN panel couldn't stop gushing over the Leafs and Matthews only goal last night (in a 6-1 loss no less), and how Matthews looked off defenders before shooting.

Lehkonen did the same thing on his shot last night, he looked towards the middle of the ice until the last second when he fired it past Andersen's ear.

I think that's why Andersen was cheating towards the middle

Impressive shot

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
this kid is GOOD.

Lets change his last name to Kehkonen

Now we can call him AK46 :)

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
I dont know much about him but the goals he scored in pre season tell me this guy's release is dangerous. We need guys that score. badly. Its always good to see drafting well paying off years later.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If Lehkonen becomes as good as Latendresse, that would already be a tremendous success.

Totally different players of course.

I'm puzzled there's still people who think Latendress problem was a lack of skills. The guy scored 27 goals ...

His problem was fitness (and the injuries coming with it). I mean i look at him in the Antichambre and he looks almost as old as Gilbert Delorme who is 24 years older. I'm almost sure Delorme would win a fitness competition against Latendresse right now. Latendresse is only 29 and he looks like a 30-40 guy.

This guy had skills. He was a top 6 guy.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

This is the beauty of having a Top-6, not a Top-4 with a few guys lower-tiered players filling the final 2 spots. The players are interchangeable. As you mentioned, Plekanec with Pacioretty and Gallagher has proven to be effective together. And Galchenyuk with Lehkonen and Radulov could be one deadly trio. And if somewhere later it's isn't working, you can change the two LWs or two RWs and know that the change can have a positive effect.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
While the TSN panel couldn't stop gushing over the Leafs and Matthews only goal last night (in a 6-1 loss no less), and how Matthews looked off defenders before shooting.

Lehkonen did the same thing on his shot last night, he looked towards the middle of the ice until the last second when he fired it past Andersen's ear.

I think that's why Andersen was cheating towards the middle

Impressive shot

Matthews goal was a nice one. Wicked shot and beat Price. That said, he was partially screened and he probably would have got in front of it had he actually seen it.

Lehkonen just flat out owned Anderson on the shot. Sweet goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad