Confirmed with Link: Artturi Lehkonen to Avs for Justin Barron and 2024 2nd

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
How do we help them out with this?

You don't really, since most of the players they're trying to get rid of (Anderson, Dvorak) are ones the Avs either can't afford or don't want.

MAYBE you get Monahan as a rental with retention but I think he'd spontaneously combust the moment he entered Ball Arena.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Lehkonen is what JTC could be if JTC had even a modicum of game-to-game GAF.
Let’s not go that far. Lehkonen is one of the smartest players on the team and has a better shot. He’s just a better player. It’s not just effort level.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
You don't really, since most of the players they're trying to get rid of (Anderson, Dvorak) are ones the Avs either can't afford or don't want.

MAYBE you get Monahan as a rental with retention but I think he'd spontaneously combust the moment he entered Ball Arena.
If the stars align Monahan could have a Derrick Brassard like impact at the deadline.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
In all seriousness Monahan is so good this year that Montreal may end up re-upping him and that wasn't in their plan at all.

Some guys do better in losing environments when expectations are low and there's less pressure.

Matt Murton was a baseball player for the Cubs who hit like .320 and .290 something his first two years with the Cubs. But it was a soft .300 average. Then when the Cubs started winning, his averaged started to decline.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
In the reg season and playoffs with the Avs: 57 GP, 21 G, 20 A, 41 P.

A cool 30 goals and 59 points pace over 82 games while also bringing all of the other very valuable things that don't show up in the boxscore. I always knew he was good and the analytics suggested he was even better than I thought but he has even surpassed all of that.

colorado-avalanche-colorado-avalanche-stanley-cup2022.gif

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
I can register points in the NHL if I was playing with Rants and Mack. I can barely register points in beer league ice hockey.
Dont think so.. You're saying, that you are better than Puljujärvi? Who doesnt seem to score with MacDavid and Draisatle...

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
Dont think so.. You're saying, that you are better than Puljujärvi? Who doesnt seem to score with MacDavid and Draisatle...
I also said points not goals. I could touch the puck get creamed and Mac/Rants can pick it up skate with it and score. That's an assist right there. I've gotten a ton of those in my beer league games.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Don’t kid yourself if anyone on this site stepped on nhl ice for a second you’d never walk again in your life. I don’t care how cool you look in beer league

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Some guys do better in losing environments when expectations are low and there's less pressure.

Matt Murton was a baseball player for the Cubs who hit like .320 and .290 something his first two years with the Cubs. But it was a soft .300 average. Then when the Cubs started winning, his averaged started to decline.
In hockey we call that being Stempniak’d. Crazy how good he was for the terrible Blues but the moment the Leafs traded Steen (who emerged as quite the talent afterward) for him he became quite ordinary.

That said, there is no question of talent when it comes to Monahan. In his prime he was an elite top line center. The gigantic question is whether or not he can stay healthy.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
I also said points not goals. I could touch the puck get creamed and Mac/Rants can pick it up skate with it and score. That's an assist right there. I've gotten a ton of those in my beer league games.
My post was also somekind critism against Puljujärvi ;)

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
Don’t kid yourself if anyone on this site stepped on nhl ice for a second you’d never walk again in your life. I don’t care how cool you look in beer league
Ive skated in over 500 NHL games in my life and I can still walk. Granted it was during TV timeouts shoveling snow but still I've skated in those games.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Wonder how rodrigues would look on a line with Mac. I feel like he is a guy who could put up some numbers similar to lehkonen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad