Prospect Info: Arttu Ruotsalainen

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
What a great shot. I do appreciate that Buffalo allowed him to go back to Ilves if he didn't make Buffalo out of the gate. That's how you treat your international UFA's. I would think it would open the doors to other guys as soon as this season.

Buffalo didn't have a choice. It was the NHL or Ilves. No AHL option unless Ilves was willing to let that happen, which....they weren't

Reactions: Chainshot

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
But I think his point was they signed him to that contract which set him up to be returned, which will be helpful in future dealing with UFA's in Europe.
And the other point is that the Sabres didn't really have a choice in the matter. It wasn't a gesture of good will, it was a necessity due to Ruotsalainen's previous contractual obligations.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
And the other point is that the Sabres didn't really have a choice in the matter. It wasn't a gesture of good will, it was a necessity due to Ruotsalainen's previous contractual obligations.

Well, everyone's happy - isn't that what it's really all about?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I believe it had to do more with the pre-existing contract with Ilves than the contract that he signed with Buffalo.

Exactly. Ilves is under no obligation to let their top scorer from last year toddle off to North America when there are games to win in their own barn. I hope he continues to have a strong season for them and is available as a late addition for the organization after a long, successful Liiga season wraps up.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Exactly. Ilves is under no obligation to let their top scorer from last year toddle off to North America when there are games to win in their own barn. I hope he continues to have a strong season for them and is available as a late addition for the organization after a long, successful Liiga season wraps up.
It would be good to see him in Rochester for playoffs. He should make the Sabres out of camp this coming season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It would be good to see him in Rochester for playoffs. He should make the Sabres out of camp this coming season.

Yeah, he should be a nice late-season addition for the Amerks. Of he is better next training camp, he could totally be on the Sabres opening night roster. But he needs to be better.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Haven't been keeping up on him, how has he looked so far? What areas did he improve from last season and what else does he need to work on?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Haven't been keeping up on him, how has he looked so far? What areas did he improve from last season and what else does he need to work on?

He missed most of the last month. I don’t see that he is much different than he was last year. What he needs to be working on is how he gets inside on a smaller surface.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Well he's still been an interesting addition to our youth stock pile. With a focus on defense done early we definitely need more scoring on all levels. Different variations of it as well. This team is plummeting without Skinner and Olofsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad