News Article: article getting bern seal of approval

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
General agree.
comments:
-- yes, can't just throw on LTIR but worth a possible shot if enuf experts say, yeah, he can skate minimally but even that is risking his health b'c what he really needs is rehab, it's worth a shot
-- I would rather make space than have Vesey on the roster, esp since it will encourage GG to play him over youth, particularly VK
-- Krav scoring:
"As for Kravtsov---his defensive play has been better than expected. He seems to have gotten past his early season every game injury issues. I don't think even with regular ice time in our top 9 he's going to score a lot. When he's played he's not wowed me at all. He's been okay for the most part but not a big offensive threat. Maybe some day--maybe with some other team."
disagree w/bold, give him top line mins w/correct linemates
underline: why let real talent walk/be given away for less b'c we didn't fully use

- Skinner IS listed at CF as RD. Howev, our internal prospects thread has him listed as "D/RW".
This is 4th line stopgap cup o coffee we are talking about, not a legit real shot at extensive mins. Those guys I mentioned all have desired size+tuffness for checking line, so no worries there.
And again, not looking to sideline Blais extensively. Like 6 wks or so

Blais is not injured nor is he having an issue keeping up with other players. It takes some skating skills to connect on as many body checks as he has.

Even in lesser leagues like the KHL and the AHL Kravtsov's production numbers have always underwhelmed for the skill level he displays. In games he's played and been able to finish this year he has a secondary assist and a kind of lucky goal that he bounced off of Hamonic's throat. He's not been in the middle of a lot of scoring chances. Something that so many people can't get their heads around--including you--is that skill or talent don't always add up to a lot of offensive production. There are lots of very skilled players who have had underwhelming careers or careers that didn't last long in the NHL. Will, determination, chemistry with teammates are just some qualities that can make or break a career.

Give it up on Skinner. He's done nothing to deserve a shot at the NHL. When his ELC is up I expect the Rangers will walk away from him. He's not made good progress.

Reactions: Mandar

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
2nd on the team with 16 ES points and a 59.1 CF%.

"SUCKS"

You guys are cute. I think you forget what we've had at the center position over the last 20+ years. Zibanejad is our first true number one center since Messier/Gretzky.
Yeah ok sure, if you don't count Erik "Crusher" Christensen

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Blais is not injured nor is he having an issue keeping up with other players. It takes some skating skills to connect on as many body checks as he has.

Even in lesser leagues like the KHL and the AHL Kravtsov's production numbers have always underwhelmed for the skill level he displays. In games he's played and been able to finish this year he has a secondary assist and a kind of lucky goal that he bounced off of Hamonic's throat. He's not been in the middle of a lot of scoring chances. Something that so many people can't get their heads around--including you--is that skill or talent don't always add up to a lot of offensive production. There are lots of very skilled players who have had underwhelming careers or careers that didn't last long in the NHL. Will, determination, chemistry with teammates are just some qualities that can make or break a career.

Give it up on Skinner. He's done nothing to deserve a shot at the NHL. When his ELC is up I expect the Rangers will walk away from him. He's not made good progress.
EB, we agree on much but not here
respectfully agree to disagree, and we will see....

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State

:clap::clap::clap:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern, OT in this thread, but I know you like music, saw this clip and thought of you, talk about passion!

Ola, been WAY too long, must convo you later this week, catch up
All best to you and yours,

bern

ps - lots to unpack in that video!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad