Article: Five reasons Canadiens clinched playoff berth

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
If Price does not play at a insane level, or get hurt for a extended period of time the Habs would be looking at a new coach. And probably have a decent shot at McDavid/Eichel. Damn, now I almost wish he did have a average year.
Now to be fair name me one other team with a elite top 5 goaler, who would not be in the same mess if they lose him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
But is that much different from a typical gap between a 2nd place team and an 8th place team under the 3 point system?

That is a legitimate question I have because I don't know the answer, but it doesn't feel much different than years past.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When we start asking the question of which opponent we would rather face, its really an exercise of picking at the margins, as the days of weak teams getting into the post season are basically long gone.

Just that everytime I keep reading "But we're 1st in the league", you really think we're 1st the way Boston was 1st last year.

2013-2014. Boston 1st with 117 points. Detroit 8th with 93. That's 24 points.
2013-2014. Anaheim 1st in their conf with 116 points. 91 for Dallas. That's 25 points

2012-2013: Pittsburgh had a 17 points lead in a 48-game season. Hawks had a 22 point lead.

I'm just done hearing about 1st, 2nd or whatever. We are obviously not bad. Bad teams don't make playoffs. But we are not 1st place team based on team's merit.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Just that everytime I keep reading "But we're 1st in the league", you really think we're 1st the way Boston was 1st last year.

2013-2014. Boston 1st with 117 points. Detroit 8th with 93. That's 24 points.
2013-2014. Anaheim 1st in their conf with 116 points. 91 for Dallas. That's 25 points

2012-2013: Pittsburgh had a 17 points lead in a 48-game season. Hawks had a 22 point lead.

I'm just done hearing about 1st, 2nd or whatever. We are obviously not bad. Bad teams don't make playoffs. But we are not 1st place team based on team's merit.

It really a toss up year with three class of teams. Teams that made the playoff pretty early and have been coasting for the last two months. The wildcard teams that will probably have to wait until the last day to know if they make it. And the tankers, who would forfeit games if they could get away with it.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Come on guys. A thread about DD or Therrien gets to part VII in no time. How is this still stuck on page 2? We clinched a PO spot, FFS! :laugh:

I say, a job well done. But yeah, Price.

My guess at this point is that they'll try to grind their way to the cup with elite goaltending. At least the boys will be ready for POs grinding and hockey with little to no space and time.

That, or Therrien is a dumb***.

Nynja*

good on the road

I actually went to look up teams home/road stats, because "what top team will be crap on the road". Bolts are actually 16-15-6 on the road, thats pretty bad for whats considered a top team considering their road points have them 21st in the league. Columbus, despite being 24th overall, is actually 22-15-2 on the road (8th in the league). And Philly is 21-9-7 at home, but 9-20-10 on the road.

Good news is the Habs are 3rd overall at home and 5th overall on the road. The two other teams that have home and road records in the top 5 are the Rangers (5th home, 2nd road) and Ducks (4th home, 1st road).

Of course, now that I just posted that "the Bolts are a pretty average road team", theyre gonna beat the Habs tomorrow -_-

Now to be fair name me one other team with a elite top 5 goaler, who would not be in the same mess if they lose him.

You do know Lundqvist was just injured for a month. He's definitely in the top 5 elite, and the Rangers werent exactly mired with a losing streak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad