Artemii Panarin

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
He looked great from the few games I saw with him on the NT. I was very impressed. He certainly got the skills, but as SoundAndFury wrote, he needs to bulk up.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
He looked great from the few games I saw with him on the NT. I was very impressed. He certainly got the skills, but as SoundAndFury wrote, he needs to bulk up.

and loose his speed and agility....let's just agree, that not everybody is cut out to play this style of hockey

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Has one of the best skill sets in the league. I expect him to be the points leader for SKA this year.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I actually think he could play in the NHL, but he'd need a very patient management that could wait and guide him while he'd be adapting to the NHL. And also a good strength coach who could help him improve his lower body and core strength without losing agility.
Panarin, while slim, isn't tiny as well - 5'11, ~170 lbs.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
and loose his speed and agility....let's just agree, that not everybody is cut out to play this style of hockey

..if he would be doing it wrong. Someone like Zuccarello has actually become much faster in NA. But overall, keeping in mind how lanky for a professional hockey player Panarin is, I doubt he could successfully adapt his body.

I think Patrick Kane should be his role model since they are pretty similar in stature and Kaner is just 5 kg heavier.

Has one of the best skill sets in the league. I expect him to be the points leader for SKA this year.

Well, he was last year so it wouldn't be too surprising if he did it again. However, looking at that roster, I would still be surprised. Someone like Thoresen or Kovy doesn't miss 15 games every year.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Well, he was last year so it wouldn't be too surprising if he did it again. However, looking at that roster, I would still be surprised. Someone like Thoresen or Kovy doesn't miss 15 games every year.
I don't really expect him to repeat last year's success. He got a huge chunk of those points getting more ice time at the games with low quality competition, he was at his best during the "Far Eastern trip" in particular, when the "bigger guns" were kinda resting. Next year will be different, new coach, new schedule, more games. He certainly is going to be a stable first liner in the future, but with the current over the top stacked roster that's unlikely.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I actually think he could play in the NHL, but he'd need a very patient management that could wait and guide him while he'd be adapting to the NHL. And also a good strength coach who could help him improve his lower body and core strength without losing agility.

He certainly doesn't play as if he is small. He always seems to play the best when the team really needs the best. I always remember the World Junior Gold Medal game in 2011 when Russia had a 3-goal deficit to Canada starting the 3rd period, and Panarin scored 2 of the 5 goals in the 3rd period to win the game. He just seems to excel in every game that he plays.

mark24

Jun 17, 2013

5'11" an only 170 lbs. Is absolutely tiny by NHL standards. Needs about 20 lbs. More On that frame.

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
Gaudreau is 5'9, 150. He's already 3+9 after 16 gp.

Of course u can find a smaller player, there are several of them, but with the much more physical game in the NHL the small guys get beat down rather quickly and more and more so as the season progresses . There are a few exceptions, but any way u look at it 170 lbs. is tiny in the NHL.

Gerin

Aug 15, 2010
British Columbia
A year or even less in the AHL to get use NA hockey and he'd be fine of course adding 10-15 would help and if he does it right he should be actually faster with lower body strength it's just finding the right team who he fits with

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Of course he can play in the NHL, he's got the wheels, the creativity in open ice and vision as well to be effective in a top 9 position. Obviously he would be hard pressed to win lots of battles against stronger opposition below the hashmarks due to his size but players of his size in the NHL are putting up points from 30-60 range and even more and I can see him starting like that at least. And with his one timer he could also put up points on the powerplay.

Someone posted the comparison to Johnny Hockey, he's not as slippery as Johnny Hockey, who was blessed with a unique talent to just slide/spin and avoid any possible contact and stride away from nearly anyone with even more speed off a pivot, Panarin has a good bit of the slipperiness, but not to that ridiculous extent.

I can see him putting up points ala Tyler Ennis if I had to put a points comparable after he gets settled in the league.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
How does panarin compare to moses or sekac? Any idea on how likely he is to translate his game to the NHL? Using NHLe, his point totals translated to NHL points is ~79 which is obviously too high but could he be a ~70 point guy?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
How does panarin compare to moses or sekac? Any idea on how likely he is to translate his game to the NHL? Using NHLe, his point totals translated to NHL points is ~79 which is obviously too high but could he be a ~70 point guy?

Sekac is a big guy with way less skill. Moses has the benefit of being an American. He learned to play on the small rink. He shouldn't have any transition troubles. Skill wise he is no Panarin either.

I still wouldn't go out and say Panarin is even a 60pt player in the NHL for sure. Time will tell if he really decides to give it a try.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

I'd say Panarin in the KHL isn't just Panarin by himself. It's more the whole line Panarin - Shipachyov - Dadonov. They all are skillful players who have insane chemistry, and it plays a big enough role in his success.

Now, in the NHL his situation can turn out to be quite different. He can get to a die hard Canadian (or NA) style team where they force him to play the hockey he isn't good in. On the other hand, say, on Pens playing with Malkin or Crosby he can score a lot.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I'd say Panarin in the KHL isn't just Panarin by himself. It's more the whole line Panarin - Shipachyov - Dadonov. They all are skillful players who have insane chemistry, and it plays a big enough role in his success.

Now, in the NHL his situation can turn out to be quite different. He can get to a die hard Canadian (or NA) style team where they force him to play the hockey he isn't good in. On the other hand, say, on Pens playing with Malkin or Crosby he can score a lot.

Id agree with this, btw most of that lines points comes from the PP. IMO Shipachyov is the best of the 3. Dadonov could probably make a good top 6 NHL player at this point in his carear as well. Just so happens, Panarin's agent opened his mouth about the NHL so there is so much buzz around him. I would bet that most SKA players receive some sort of NHL offers in the summer whether it be 1 or 2-way deals, we will likely never hear about it.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Id agree with this, btw most of that lines points comes from the PP. IMO Shipachyov is the best of the 3. Dadonov could probably make a good top 6 NHL player at this point in his carear as well. Just so happens, Panarin's agent opened his mouth about the NHL so there is so much buzz around him. I would bet that most SKA players receive some sort of NHL offers in the summer whether it be 1 or 2-way deals, we will likely never hear about it.

I do think NHL teams could be more interested in Panarin though because he is still pretty young and will have more time to try to translate his game to the NHL

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I see a lot of similarities between him and Johnny Gaudreau. I firmly believe he could be a good NHL'er. He'll only be 24 next season so he has that going for him as well.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Panarin can be signed to 2 years ELC, and it's the main reason he's so popular amongst NHL GMs... of course, other than his skill.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Panarin isn't that small actually.

1428751094_b_.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad