Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Panarin one of our few Free Agent contracts that is not only worth his contract, but is arguably UNDERpaid.

Panarin is 100% underpaid. As a UFA he was worth 13m at least.

McDavid got 12.5m with 4 RFA years left. Let that sink in.

Panarin is on an 82-game pace of 124 points. His P/GP is the 2nd highest in franchise histoy (min 15 GP)

Last edited:

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
With how little hockey means in New York? Yeah, he's not going to win any poll that has Durant in it.

More just thinking out loud here, and you may even agree with me, but why is popularity of the sport always brought up when discussing how good a hockey player is relative to other sports? It’s the ultimate strawman argument and drives me crazy.

There’s this preposterous general consensus that Wayne Gretzky can’t be the most dominant athlete in team sports because hockey isn’t popular enough. But he torched his peers at a level that Jordan, Messi, Brady, etc haven’t even come close to. If you can make the argument that any player is better than the above players (Lebron, Pele, Rice), than it’s a non-starter that they’re more dominant.

You’ve struck a nerve on an open wound. ;)

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not challenging you (more just thinking out loud), and you may even agree with me, but why is popularity of the sport always brought up when discussing how good a hockey player is relative to other sports? It’s the ultimate strawman argument and drives me crazy.

There’s this preposterous general consensus that Wayne Gretzky can’t be the most dominant athlete in team sports because hockey isn’t popular enough. But he torched his peers at a level that Jordan, Messi, Brady, etc haven’t even come close to. If you can make the argument that any player is better than the above players (Lebron, Pele, Rice), than it’s a non-starter that they’re more dominant.

You’ve struck a nerve on an open wound. ;)

Oh my God, I just had this argument on FB. The guy said that Jordan has made the game global and Gretzky hasn't done that so he was better. I made it clear how preposterous it is to compare a low investment sport that doesn't have the constraints of ice being central to it being played to basketball that's a lot more accessible to people around the world.

Reactions: ColonialsHockey10

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2