Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't want to be that homer guy, but IMO Panarin is the best player in hockey right now and this may be the most impressive regular season by a NY Ranger skater ever.

On pace for ~120pts on a team with no structured system.

He really elevates the play of his linemates like no other in the league. Ryan Strome played with McDavid and Draisaitl and wasn't able to produce when placed next to them. Cam Atkinson's numbers have significantly regressed without him. He seems to elevate the production of his linemates better than any player in the league.

Rangers could've done a lot of damage this year if the organization built a solid team/coach around him, but that seems to be a long ways away.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't want to be that homer guy, but IMO Panarin is the best player in hockey right now and this may be the most impressive regular season by a NY Ranger skater ever.

On pace for ~120pts on a team with no structured system.

He really elevates the play of his linemates like no other in the league. Ryan Strome played with McDavid and Draisaitl and wasn't able to produce when placed next to them. Cam Atkinson's numbers have significantly regressed without him. He seems to elevate the production of his linemates better than any player in the league.

Rangers could've done a lot of damage this year if the organization built a solid team/coach around him, but that seems to be a long ways away.

MacKinnon has Rantanen
McDavid has Draisaitl
Pastrnak has Bergeron
Panarin has Strome and Fast :laugh:

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If only he could up his PP production to see his final-form.

We need Kakko on the right wall

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Panarin has only one point in the last 3 games. First slump of the season. At least we won 2 out of 3 even with him not playing his best. He's been turning the puck over lately which he rarely does.

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
I still don't think he's 100%. He just doesn't look right to me.
Now that it's getting closer to the playoffs teams are really tightening up their D and there's less room to work with.
Panarin was one of the best point per game scorers when he came into the league the last third of the season but the last couple years not so much.
As things tighten up his chances for a 100 pt season look questionable. Stromme and Fast will really have to step up for Panarin to get to 100 pts.
The next 29 games look tough for allot of multiple pt. games for him. I hope he turns it on soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I still don't think he's 100%. He just doesn't look right to me.

I have been traveling and haven't seen the last 3 games but caught the final period last night. He looked good there. But, obviously, I cannot comment on the other 8 periods.

He also made at least one really great defensive play last night in the third I liked on his backcheck. So, even when he's not 100%, I still love his game :)

He'll start producing the way he did again. Listen, teams have played him tight all year and everyone focuses on trying to stop him. You sort of can't contain him even if you want to "clamp down." He's almost like a chess player out there with how he's positioned - he just thinks too far ahead to be contained like that. He's faster than he looks and always knows where to put the puck and create space for others on the line.

Late season and playoff hockey is tighter, yes, but Kings played a tight game yet couldn't stop him from scoring after he set up that play with his mid-air (are you kidding me?) deflection to create the 2 on 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bread4Life

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Can we please get some talent for him to play with! Fast does not belong out there.
I wonder how many more points he would have if he had someone skilled on his line.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Can we please get some talent for him to play with! Fast does not belong out there.
I wonder how many more points he would have if he had someone skilled on his line.

They are on their way.

Kakko, Krava plus another 8-14 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad