Confirmed with Link: Artem Anisimov signs extension

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
At 6'4" hope he can skate. We'll find out soon enough. Just hope he can skate better than Robert "Boulevard cruiser" Lang.

Potentially addresses problems for matching up against big centers like Getzlaf. Kruger did what he could but was outclassed size wise. Better to have Kruger match up against the smaller centers.

He's not a burner, but he won't be out of place either. Faster than Richards who fit in well enough. The only thing that worries me is the health issue, Anisimov as a player fits our second line like a glove. Hopefully he comes here and doesn't get the injury bug.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I'm really not a fan of the contract. Too much term and I would've held off on an extension until we see how he actually fits in.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'm really not a fan of the contract. Too much term and I would've held off on an extension until we see how he actually fits in.

I'm fine with the aav, the term worries me with his concussion issues. But I suppose they can just toss him on LTIR if it becomes an issue in the future.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013

Don't disagree, but the way Bowman talked about him and how Jarmo mentioned they've had numerous talks, it seems for a long time the staff has been very confident he fits. Hope they are right. Toews-AA down the middle for a long time means that physically we can compete at that position, which is important.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'm fine with the aav, the term worries me with his concussion issues. But I suppose they can just toss him on LTIR if it becomes an issue in the future.

People are blowing it up way out of proportion. It's an issue yes, but it's no different than alot of NHL players. He has 3 of them. Same number as Toews and alot of guys. (Crosby, Skinner, Bergeron, etc) I'm more worried if he can stay healthy in general.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It's a seriously brazen move for a GM that has been conservative as Stan has been to date.

He's really not that conservative. He's methodical and selectively aggressive. I love that about him. He doesn't make "aggressive" moves just to appear "actively trying to improve the team". Hawks FO is the best in the game right now. But I will say a move like this is a pretty bold because this could be the offseason that people say "we could have kept Saad, instead we gave Anisimov 4.5m". I think Anisimov + Dano + Tikhonov + Panarin > Saad. Stan will have this team ready to remain elite, imo.

Last edited:

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Don't disagree, but the way Bowman talked about him and how Jarmo mentioned they've had numerous talks, it seems for a long time the staff has been very confident he fits. Hope they are right. Toews-AA down the middle for a long time means that physically we can compete at that position, which is important.

I just don't see how you can be confident a player will fit before you actually get them in your system.

Vermette is a perfect example. I think most thought he would have come in and been a perfect 2C for Chicago's Cup run. Instead, he struggled to find a role and didn't gain the trust of Q until late in the Hawks playoff run.

The Bad Guy

Registered Tool
May 5, 2015
Chicago
Too many Euros for my taste. :sarcasm:

iu

Don Cherry approves of this message:poutine:

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
It's a seriously brazen move for a GM that has been conservative as Stan has been to date.

Conservative. Reserved. Methodical. Those are traits that Bowman has displayed, and it's bode well for Chicago thus far.

This deal strikes me as a justification of trading Saad - which he had to, there's not much he can do about that.

If Anisimov comes in and lights the world on fire (by his standards) with the Hawks in the first few months of the season, it makes contract talks more difficult. Lets say he has a career year, does he not wait and see what the Hawks can afford/test the UFA market? And if he leaves, the only piece Chicago will have gotten back for Saad is Dano, who may yet be a very good player, but hasn't done much of anything yet.

I get where he's coming from. It's definitely bold. Hopefully he stays healthy and can really thrive here. He'll need to.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He's really not that conservative. He's methodical and selectively aggressive. I love that about him. He doesn't make "aggressive" moves just to appear "actively trying to improve the team". Hawks FO is the best in the game right now. But I will say a move like this is a pretty bold because this could be the offseason that people say "we could have kept Saad, instead we gave Anisimov 4.5m". I think Anisimov + Dano + Tikhonov + Panarin > Saad. Stan will have this team ready to remain elite, imo.

I get that you're accounting for the cap space difference between Saad and Anisimov, but that's dishonest accounting.

It'd be like painting the other argument as "thanks, but I'd rather have Saad+Tikhonov+Panarin than Anisimov+Dano+Versteeg".

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
12 hours later and I still don't mind this at all. The organization clearly likes something about this guy, can't wait to see what he can do. And hopefully people don't jump on him 10 games in for being a bust if he struggles a little out of the gates.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Conservative. Reserved. Methodical. Those are traits that Bowman has displayed, and it's bode well for Chicago thus far.

This deal strikes me as a justification of trading Saad - which he had to, there's not much he can do about that.

If Anisimov comes in and lights the world on fire (by his standards) with the Hawks in the first few months of the season, it makes contract talks more difficult. Lets say he has a career year, does he not wait and see what the Hawks can afford/test the UFA market? And if he leaves, the only piece Chicago will have gotten back for Saad is Dano, who may yet be a very good player, but hasn't done much of anything yet.

I get where he's coming from. It's definitely bold. Hopefully he stays healthy and can really thrive here. He'll need to.

You've never heard me harp on Stan or the job he's doing. I get why he extended Anisimov. I'm happy Anisimov is here and he's one of the guys that's been on my shortlist for our #2C role for a few seasons. I'm sure I could find proof of it if I really wanted too.

This is his most aggressive move outside of extending Bickell/trading for Vermette. Of the three, it's also my favorite.

Conservative isn't a bad thing when you're handed the keys to a Ferrari like Stan was. Gunning it in the straightaways and braking into the curves will beat lesser vehicles in a street race.

This is where it gets tricky. Stan doesn't have three of the sports top fifteen players on the planet all making under 6.4 million anymore. If we're going to stay at the top of the mountain we're going to need to take some chances.

He just needs to take the right ones. I'm optimistic he will.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I have a feeling this offseason is either a boom or bust for Stan. He'll either come out looking like a genius, or have quite a dilemma on his hands. So far I'm pretty pleased with what I've seen done, but moves still have to be made and games still to be played.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Good hockey management skills are obviously in this guy's DNA. Can't we give him the benefit of the doubt based on that alone? :laugh:

In all seriousness, though, I'm very happy with the moves he's made. We're pretty damn well set for now and the future, and the team won't be half bad next year.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Best organization in the league.

Bowman sees the sea change going on in the NHL and is following suit before this team gets caught playing catch up, anyone who thinks otherwise has a dinosaur mentality. Tampa, Calgary, Anaheim are laden full of the next generation of young players who work hard. We pickup up a talented young C who SURVIVED under Totorella and put up ok number on a low tier team, the echo chamber about Anisimov not because "hurr durr not enuff points" is ironic considering it's easily said of Saad who was on an elite team playing with top talent.

Johns/TVR/Pokka/Anisimov/Teuvo/Panarin/Dano are exactly the types of players we need to stay in the game. Things might not gel perfectly in 15-16 but the future could not be brighter. Still wish we had Leddy though, or someone whose top form might be able to get near Keith's level because Duncs won't be beasting forever.

I'm loving this offseason so far while so many are crying kiddie tears.

I cannot disagree with this for sure, i'm still trying to digest the Saad trade though.....i never saw it coming, i looked at him as our future Hoss.

Seeing Richards and Vermette go was ok as they are aging somewhat and better them going now than ending up with a couple of Handzus situations down the road. Don't care too much for the Anisimov extension but must be a reason.

Oh well onward, if we win a few more Cups it was not in vain for sure. Stan Bo's recent gambles have paid off....let's do it again.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
All GMs were very conservative today, this looks like the worst one, I liked him at one year and let him go after when other signings are needed and Hawks could have always found a rental center just like they did last year, it's a signing that we all will look back at and hate.

Strudel

Dec 6, 2014
Wisconsin
All GMs were very conservative today, this looks like the worst one, I liked him at one year and let him go after when other signings are needed and Hawks could have always found a rental center just like they did last year, it's a signing that we all will look back at and hate.

Why get a rental when we aren't running for a cup next year? Next year will be spent developing young players, and getting them to fit into our system, as well as seeing who works out, and who doesn't.

This signing is great. We got Anisimov at a rough market value, and if it comes down to it, we could probably trade him quite easily; but Stan seems to like him, so he must have some merit.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I just don't see how you can be confident a player will fit before you actually get them in your system.

Vermette is a perfect example. I think most thought he would have come in and been a perfect 2C for Chicago's Cup run. Instead, he struggled to find a role and didn't gain the trust of Q until late in the Hawks playoff run.

What bothers me the most is that Stan is betting heavily on a player early with the assumption the value will be good once he shows his worth. WTF is this thinking when it comes to our own young players, such as Saad, and Leddy, when it's evident they will be core pieces and if you wait until the end of their entry deals you might let them price you out of your budget. I'd like to see him sign some of these players to 4-5 year deals a little earlier in the process, especially after they've shown something on YOUR team. I knew they should have extended Saad after last season as a contract FUBAR was bound to happen.

I hope he's right about this one, but he's very inconsistent when it comes to his extensions.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Anisimov's 5 vs 5 productivity will surprise most on this board. Keep in mind that he didn't have the best linemates most of the time.

2012-13...Highest goals/60 minutes and highest points/60 of CBJforwards:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...+RW&f5=CBJ&f7=30-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+17+18+19+20

2013-14..second highest goals/60 min. and 4th highest points/60 among CBJ fowards:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...+RW&f5=CBJ&f7=30-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+17+18+19+20

2014-15....Was 6th in points/60 among forwards, but he had the torn triceps and a concussion.

He's an excellent PKer. Not very physical for his height.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad